Sunday, April 1, 2018

March 2018


It's sadly funny that I thought February was a failure, but March was much worse. Weight is up, again. It's the eating. Girl scout cookies came in, and I made St. Patty's treats and overdosed on Easter eggy meringue nests. Started to get some eggs from the ducks, but the month ended emotionally with one of my girls dying. There was crying. Derby stuff for Hubs, dances for #3, Grandparents lunch over at the elementary with #5. 

NUMBERS: Weight to start was 173.00. At the end of the month ... up, to 175.9. Average was up, 174.56 with the high 178.5 and the low just 172.00. Step average was 23,032 with 713,988 total steps and 369.17 logged miles. Cardio minutes came in at 3590/3779.  Seven 30k days. 19 with burn 3000+ but only kept calories under 2000 goal four times. It's the eating!


Life ala Life Cycle ... EXERCISE: Hit the elliptical 27 days, achieving my full hour 20 of those times. 20 days on the treadmill, eight days with extra sessions. 22 Zumba classes, with extra hours on my own. Three times on the bike. Three weight workouts.  OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping are the other things getting me out and about. Just a little basketball. Winter season ended, and Spring started at the end of the month. Went out to eat with the folks, and the folks came out to eat with the muchkin at the school (one of the pizza runs was for that event, but there were a couple other times this month). A nail appointment and some shopping for things other than groceries.





*** JenB's Journal ***


0301 (Thursday) Weight 173.0. Steps 21958. Total Burn 2845. Exercise Burn 994/1049 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 3200.  Got up at my normal time. Still didn't quite get in my hour early. When I peeked out at the ducks, the light wasn't on. I was afraid the bulb may have burst (it's happened before) and didn't want my babies eating any glass shards. I went out and it wasn't broken, just a little loose. I got it screwed in better and back on ... but then it was off again a little later when I took them out their breakfast salad. Again I tried working with it, but it sparked and smoked. I guess that cord is done. I switched it out for another and got the light working again. But anything other than the norm throws off my morning and I didn't start my final elliptical session in time for the full 20minutes. Off to Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 6400 steps. 2.80 miles. 397/333 burn. AvHR102. High137. In zone 5 of the 65 minutes. There was a baby shower afterward for Raven, but I don't do the social stuff, just the dancing. I almost always stop at Sam's on the way home, but didn't really feel I had enough to warrant it today ... and I was feeling ready to drop. I actually took a nap today. I'm spoiled that I can if I need(want) to. Didn't get in my treadmill time, but did finish up my elliptical hour. Some snow was starting, so I did some prep on the pen outside, and in the yard for the ducks. #4 was my only pickup from middle school today. Grabbed #5 ... his coach canceled his practice for tonight. No practice tomorrow either, and no games on Saturday. Maybe his knee will finally actually get some rest. Watched some of the state playoffs, live streaming. CHHS won. #2 and #3 went up to the U of U to watch the game.

0302 (Friday) Weight 174.0. Steps 29144. Total Burn 3162. Exercise Burn 1400/1545 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 35min/2milesTreadmill, Bike). Calories in 2600.  Wow ... my Friday might just have been the best day this week. I set my alarm for 7:30, but got up around 7:00 and fit in one elliptical session before dropping #5 off at school. Then it was off to Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 7350 steps. 3.28miles. 490/488 burn. AvHR116. High138. In zone 20 of the 69 minutes. Higher numbers than usual, but it did go over a bit too. When I got there, there were only two of us instructors. While I can easily do an hour on my own, I like to prep it, and I don't have my full repertoire at MZL. Happily a couple other instructors showed up. I stayed up on the stage the entire time. I generally pop back down to the floor. I'm juts a little more comfortable there, and I think it's just as helpful to the crowd to have someone on the front row who is facing the same direction (if they struggle at all with the mirror imaging). But my spot got taken today ... so I just stayed up ;)   Still didn't feel like I needed anything enough for a store stop. I'm planning on hitting Smiths tomorrow too. So straight home. Made some bread. Figured I'd just get in the one treadmill time, so I did a little extra to hit two miles. Finished up yesterday's movie then caught the most recent "Grey's Anatomy" and a little "Colony" too while completing my hour of elliptical. Early out at the elementary, then I didn't have middle school pickup as #4 was going home with a friend. THAT is unusual too! He ended up staying all afternoon, eating dinner with the family, going to a churchball game (originally just to watch but he ended up playing and scoring 20 points, even in his jeans and regular shoes). The family brought him home afterward which was super nice too (and meant I could put on jammies and crawl in bed). But before that, I watched the state semi-finals boys basketball. Not nearly as stressful for me as when MY boy was playing in the tournament last year. I went down on the bike for 30min while I watched. CHHS lost tonight.

0303 (Saturday) Weight 173.0. Steps 15218. Total Burn 2542. Total Burn 2542. Exercise Burn 325/739 (30minElliptical). Calories in 3000.  Still awake around 7:00, just can't seem to sleep in more. Didn't get out of bed at 7:00 of course ...  but can't stay in too long, as the kitty wants breakfast and the duckies want theirs. Didn't really have anything on deck today. No games! I hit the elliptical early and did some cleaning. Got the bathrooms done and some rearranging in the closet. Some shopping at Smiths. I was thinking it was too bad #5 didn't have anything fun to do today while he had the day off games, when he burst into my room crying. He'd been invited to a birthday party and had forgotten to tell me about it. I'm still not exactly sure why he was so upset. If he thought I couldn't get him there in time, or that I'd be mad at him for not bringing it up earlier. It really wasn't a problem. We threw together a gift quick and I was ready to take him, but #1 was heading out and offered to drop him off. The party invite said it ended at 5:30, so I set my phone alarm for that to remind myself. #5 texted around 5:00 though, and said the party was going longer and not to pick him up until he texted me. I expected it to go 30 minutes over, it had already been four hours. He ended up not requesting pickup until almost 8:00 (started at 1:30). I guess there were really only a couple friends invited, and then it was family (siblings and cousins). They had gone swimming ... oops, I hadn't really seen the invite if it said to wear a swimsuit, etc. It worked out. In fact, #4 was meeting up with friends at 8:00 in the same neighborhood, so I was able to pick up and then drop off in the same trip. #4's night also went long. Originally he said 9:30, then 10:30. #2 and his girlfriend were watching a movie, and I'd asked #2 if he'd be willing to do a pickup if it was too late for me, and he said yes (as he'd done that a LOT as a teen and I'd had to stay awake to pick him up). I didn't want to interrupt their movie, so I stayed up until 10:30 ... and then #4 pushed it again. He never really hangs with friends or asks for much, so I didn't feel like I could say no, but I also couldn't stay awake, so I did turn him over to #2 (just told #4 to text his brother). Pickup was around 11:30 ... I hadn't really been able to fall asleep anyway. It was also PROM for #3. The day started with a group breakfast, then go-carting for the day date. Unfortunately his date had a dance competition she couldn't get out of, so #3 went stag to those early events. Another boy was going stag the entire time. He dressed and left for the dinner/dance around 4:00. #1 even let him take his Charger, as #3's truck is raised and not great for a girl in a dress! They had arranged for a limo to take them to dinner and then to the capital. Got some really cute pictures sent to me! Hubs had been working in the garage all day. At one point in the evening he came hurrying inside to the bathroom cradling his hand. I knew immediately that he'd hurt himself. There was quite a bit of blood but luckily it wasn't that bad. Nicked the side of his pinky finger. I grabbed some gauze pads and wrap and got it covered up. Yikes. I don't have a huge problem with blood ... but when it's coming from someone I love, then I get woozy easily. This made me feel a little faint. Again, when we re-wrapped it that evening (as he'd continued to work and the bandage was quite dirty, and we wanted to make sure the wound was washed and treat it with antiseptic, which he hadn't the first round). Still bleeding a bunch ... and then trimming the excess gauze I almost cut off the tip of his finger. Wouldn't that have been quite the additional accident! Girl Scout cookies were delivered ... I adore Tagalongs. #2 and his girlfriend baked up some chocolate chip cookies. Snow hit again in the evening ...

0304 (Sunday) Weight 174.3. Steps 6635. Total Burn 2016. Exercise Burn 0/259 (no exercise). Calories in 3600. That intake is embarrassing. I can eat. It's really easy. We started with a family breakfast. #1's girlfriend came over and they made waffles. I fried some bacon and made hashbrowns. I ddin't really have any lunch ... well, Tagalongs. And I'd made a Reeses dessert the other day. Hubs smoked a brisket, also some moose meat a friend had given him, and two turkey breasts. He'd meant to smoke the turkey yesterday, but the day got away from him. He made mashed taters to go with the brisket. His yummy buttered corn too. I made the cheddar bay biscuits. I think I prefer the Brazillian Cheese Rolls, as do several of the family members, but #2 and #4 don't care for them but do like the biscuits. They are just a change anyway. Both breads are easy and can be done at the last minute without much prep. I had to lay down and rest my eyes a bit after dinner. Eating and digesting always exhausts me! I didn't fall asleep ... but Hubs did, and was snoring away! I got back up and cleaned the kitchen (the least I can do after Hubs did almost all the dinner).  #1 and his girlfriend made Skookie (I had some too) and watched the Oscars.

0305 (Monday) Weight 174.7. Steps 27789. Total Burn 3073. Exercise Burn 1155/1268 (60minElliptical, Zumba,  30min/1.85milesTreadmill). Calories in 1800. Back to the routine. Feeling a bit off as I got up, but I didn't allow myself to go back to bed like I did one day last week. Got in my elliptical sessions as I got the boys off to school, although I did have to cut the final one short as I got started late. Zumba w/Debbie. We were forced into the Primary room again. Half the ladies from last time didn't come, probably because it had been too crowded. I wore my "carpet shoes" and that made it a little easier anyway. Stats: 5199 Steps. 2.22 miles. 342/354 burn. AvHR112. High138. In zone 14 of the 54 minutes. I usually stop at Smiths on the way home from Debbie's Zumba, as it's on the way. As I'd just been there on Saturday, I switched things up. #1 had been so sad when the Darigold chocolate milk was gone ... so I made a Costco stop. Restocked the chocolate milk and a few other items. Still needed some produce, and Reams has the best produce prices, so I stopped there too. Got everything in and put away. One time on the treadmill. Afternoon pickups. Made french dip for the two littles, toasted cheese for #2 (still not eating meat). #5 had a basketball game in the evening ... not until 9:00. Uggg. While he was warming up, he got bopped in the nose and was bleeding from both nostrils. We managed to get it stopped and cleaned up before tip-off and he didn't have any problems during the game. This was the first "playoff" game in the tournament. Wolves were 2nd seed, playing against the 7th seed (out of nine teams). It was an easy win ... same team we'd played just last week. Next week should be a tough one though, and if we win that, then it will be the championship game, most likely against the top seed ... the only team that beat us during the season. I'd prepped my bed (blanket and pillows down) and laid out my jammies and brushed my teeth ... so I was able to sneak in without waking Hubs, who was out cold.

0306 (Tuesday) Weight 172.0. Steps 26808. Total Burn 3050. Exercise Burn 1200/1251 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30min/2.10milesTreadmill, Weights). Calories in 2800. Hubs was up and off early. Like 2:00 in the morning early. I fell back to sleep and the alarm seemed to go off just moments later. I was a little late getting down to the gym for my first session, but instead of cutting it short, I did the full 20 minutes and was a little late getting the boys up (but they were still fine to get ready in time). Got my other elliptical sessions early too. After dropping #5 off to school, I hit Zumba w/HeatherB. Marian's class was canceled due to a funeral in the building. I'm glad I have backups, and I really enjoy Heather's class. Stats: 5731 steps. 2.49 miles. 350/317 burn. AvHR100. High128. In Zone 2 of the 58 minutes. I'm surprised stats aren't higher, but then lots of the numbers were new to me. Straight home after. Had some kitchen clean up and laundry. Blog post and other computer work. The episode of "Returning the Favor" ... a Facebook show by Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs" that #5 had been in (just part of the "parade" and crowd) had just aired. I was able to catch a couple glimpses of #5. Got in one time on the treadmill, then did weights. After school pickups per usual. Discovered it was "National Oreo Cookie Day" ... seriously? There's a "day" for that? Not that we need any reason to "celebrate" but I did use that excuse to bake up some homemade Oreos. Hubs and #4 went to do a derby. #4 usually doesn't like to, but he wants money, as he has his eye on some new Nikes. #3 was off to a school soccer game with friends.

0307 (Wednesday) Weight 172.9. Steps 26592. Total Burn 3076. Exercise Burn 1173/1278 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 30min/1.75mileTreadmill). Calories in 3200. I was able to get my hour of elliptical in early. After dropping #5 at school I headed to Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 6445 steps. 2.81 miles. 389/389 burn. AvHR104. High 119. In Zone 0 of the 65 minutes. Not sure why the stats were low.  Just didn't really have high energy numbers today I guess. I often run to a store after class, but didn't feel like I needed to today. Was a little lazy at home during the day. Feeling just a bit sore from weights yesterday. I often drag the next day. I went down to the gym for one treadmill time. Double pickups after school. Eating was out of control today. No specific binge or anything, just constant cravings and snacking. #2 wanted spaghetti in the evening, and then I had a little of that too, in addition to the cookies and candy.

0308 (Thursday) Weight 173.4. Steps 30520. Total Burn 3356. Exercise Burn 1250/1558 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30min/2milesTreadmill). Calories in 2800. I beat Hubs out of bed. Got my three elliptical sessions in early. As I let the duckies out ... I found an egg! First one of the season. First one with this batch of birds. One of the males was absolutely underfoot (literally, I almost stepped on him several times). Dropped #5 off at school and then went to Zumba w/MZL. Thursdays always have quite the crowd and lots of instructors too. Stats: 6305 steps. 2.79 miles. 424/397 burn. AvHR109/130. In Zone 4 of the 64 minutes. After class I stopped at Sam'sClub. The Premier Protein was on "sale" so I grabbed three boxes. That adds up quick. Couldn't find the Nutella packs or French Toast Sticks. Hit Walmart after (as was the plan today). I'd bought a bunch of bananas on Monday, I really thought it was too many ... but the kids had gone through them. Shopping steps, and unloading steps. I had to remember it was early out at the elementary, as they don't have school tomorrow. I didn't make it down for my treadmill time during the school day. It was a really nice day out, so I hooked up the hose and filled the pool for the duckies and let the water run in the garden area. They sure love digging around in the mud. Did both pickups and left the car out as #5 had practice in the evening. I'd bought some boxes (Monday at Costco, more today at Sams) and have been sorting some clothes. With my shifting weight over the years, I have things in several sizes. I don't want to give away my size 8s ... I really hope to get back in them at some point. Anyway, things are better organized now and I refreshed my memory as to what I have where. Several piles of things to donate, both to DI and MZL is collection for a trip to Tonga (after a cylone hit there, they often do humanitarian trips). Hubs was home a little early, and had a friend come over and they redid the stairs in the garage. Got #5 to and from his practice.

0309 (Friday) Weight 173.5. Steps 14877. Total Burn 2508. Exercise Burn 490/712 (Zumba). Calories in 2800. The late start for the secondary schools are normal for a Friday, but today #5 was out of school too. I was a bit lazy, being able to sleep in a little longer and not having to make the morning school run. Didn't get in any elliptical. Went to Zumba w/MZL. I had good energy and stayed up on stage the whole time. Stats: 7229 steps. 3.28 miles. 472/502 burn. AvHR121. High145. in zone 38 of the 65 minutes. I had thought about getting my nails done after class, but with #5 home, I decided to head back. He wanted to be dropped off at a friend's house, so I did that. Just didn't have much motivation for exercise though ... didn't go down to the gym at all. Didn't have elementary school pickup, but did have to pick #5 up from friends, as well as middle school carpool as usual. After grabbing #5, we stopped by Little Caesars and grabbed a couple pizzas and crazy breads. Dropped #5 off for his practice just before 6:00. They were carpooling up to Lehi for practice. I had to force myself to stay awake for pickup after at 9:30 ... past my bedtime. I was tired! Hubs was still working the garage most of the night. He's hosting his annual "Pinewood Derby Workshop" where he shares his tools and knowledge with of the parents/kids who need/want help building cars for the upcoming race.

0310 (Saturday) Weight 173.9. Steps 9894. Total Burn 2133. Exercise Burn 0/332 (no exercise). Calories in 3000. Hubs had his workshop starting at 9:00, and we did have quite the crowd. #1 helped some. It was a really nice morning, warm for March. Couldn't have been better for the workshop in the garage (some years it's been SO cold). I took off for a bit and ran to Shopko. I'd placed an online order for a new comforter and was picking it up in store. I had another $10 off $30 coupon and wandered around a bit but didn't find anything else I wanted. Back at home I tried out the comforter and didn't care for it, so I guess I'll be going back again to return it. It's so hard to really tell what things look like online. That was my only outing for the day. I thought about going in for my needed nail appointment, but before I called to see if they had openings, #3 asked if he could take the Durango to work, as Hubs wanted to use the truck a little later. So ... I didn't really have wheels anyway. Not sure why I didn't make it down to the gym today, just a lazy day! I expected Hubs to come in a crash after the workshop wrapped up but he just kept working. We had some popcorn while we watched an episode of Veep. He was out in seconds once we were done!

0311 (Sunday) Weight 175.8. Steps 13442. Total Burn 2387. Exercise Burn 630/576 (60minElliptical). Calories in 2900.  Daylight Savings ... up an hour. Oy! The three older boys were out late last night. I was asleep but do track when they get home. We did our family breakfast. Hubs smoked bacon and made waffles and eggs. I cooked up some sausage and was going to make hashbrowns, but they smelled bad! They were brand new too, just purchased on Thursday and supposed to be good through mid-April. #2 was a little disappointed, he'd requested them. Hubs then ran some errands, ending up in Orem. I mentioned #3 had been craving Krispie Creme donuts, so he stopped by and grabbed some. It's been quite a while since we had them. Yummy! No big dinner today, even though he does have a defrosted turkey breast waiting to be smoked. He took the boys and ran to his mom's house for a quick visit. Another beautiful day out!

0312 (Monday) Weight 175.0. Steps 30769. Total Burn 3308. Exercise Burn 1400/1500 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/4.15milesTreadmill). Calories in 1900. I wondered if it would be hard to get up, with the time change and all, feeling an hour earlier than usual. But, I was fine. Hubs however had a hard time, I beat him up. #4 was up fine, but #3 and #5 seemed super sleepy. I got in my hour of elliptical early, dropped #5 to school and headed to Zumba w/Debbie. Happily, we were back in the gym today. Stats: 5290 steps. 2.28 miles. 353/327 burn. AvHR105. High131. In zone 4 of the 58 minutes. Even though Hubs had been to Smiths yesterday, and #2 had been Saturday ... I still stopped today. I'd had Hubs grab bananas, but hadn't realized we were low on wheat bread for the boys. I grabbed that and a few other things. Always good to double check things, as I grabbed one mini-watermelon, but got charged for 11 of them! #1 was home when I got back. He had a little time between class and work. I got the groceries away, some laundry going, fed the ducks (I'd let them out earlier but hadn't made them their "salad") and did a little computer work. Two treadmill times during the school day ... finished up my movie "Kong. Skull Island" which had kept my interest. I even jogged a little during both sessions. Picked up middle school then elementary. Did dishes and kitchen cleanup. Finished up my weekly blog post and family letter. #5 had a game in the evening. Two if they won the first ... which they didn't. It was not one of the best games for the Wolves, and the other team did really well, stripping the ball from our boys many times, getting the rebounds and shots. It was a bit of a blowout.

0313 (Tuesday) Weight 173.7. Steps 30925. Total Burn 3333. Exercise Burn 1400/1533 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 30min/2.5milesTreadmill, Bike, WEIGHTS). Calories in 2300. I was awake before Hubs, but lingered long enough that he hit the shower before I did my weigh-in. I got up and feed the kitties and made the bed, and then the bathroom was free for me. I got all three elliptical sessions in early to complete my hour. Dropped #5 at school and headed to Zumba. Weather is nice enough that I could walk ... but I didn't. I'll have to get back into that habit. Marian had to leave early so I finished up class. Stats: 6251 steps. 2.8 miles. 404/367 burn. AvHR108. High139. In zone 3 of the 64 minutes. #2 was still home when I got back ... he had decided to skip class. He headed off to work, but #3 was home from school early. He headed to the mall then to his final management training meeting. I had a productive day. I got in some treadmill time, jogging for most of it. Then I did weights and a little extra Zumba. After school pickups, then I hit the bike to finish up my movie, then my book :) While I've always thought of the bike as reading time, watching a show on the ipad works really well too. Did some digging with the ducks, they found some fat worms. I did find another egg this morning when I let them out of the pen. #5 had his friend come over after school. I made them Mac&Cheese and then some cheese bread for the other boys too. Hubs came home and made guacamole. I baked some Otis cookies up for an end of the day treat. I resisted having a cookie, and had kept calories in check ... but then Hubs made popcorn.

0314 (Wednesday) Weight 174.7. Steps 30350. Total Burn 3241. Exercise Burn 1370/1436 (60mimEllipitcal, Zumba+, 60min/3.5milesTreadmill). Calories in 2200.  Hubs was up and off normally. I struggled a bit getting up today. I was a little late getting to my first elliptical session, but still managed to get in my hour early. Dropped #5 off at school and went to Zumba w/MZL. I hadn't been able to find my black jacket on Monday, and the last time I remember having it for sure was Zumba on Friday. Alas, no one had seen it.  I'm not sure that's where I left it, but I looked all around the house with no luck. I'm super sad about that. Stats: 6616 steps. 3 miles. 431/409 burn. AvHR114. High140. In Zone 15 of the 64 minutes. I noticed a text come in when class was almost over. #4 said he wasn't feeling well and asked if I could come and get him. I did have to duck out a bit early, they weren't done yet, but I had hit my hour. It had been the big "walkout" today. Student protesting guns and school violence, on the one month anniversary of the Parkland school shooting. I'm not sure if that was just too much for my anxiety child, or if it was just coincidence. I brought him home and just let him rest for the day. My boys don't complain and don't like to miss school (not that they like school, they just don't like having to make up assignments and such) so I tend to take them at their word if they do skip school. I got in a couple treadmill times, just walking today. I'd arranged for one of the other mom's to do the middle school pickup. It was pouring rain when I picked up #5. We were only home for a bit, about 20min, before we had to head back for his parent/teacher conference. Rave reviews. No issues. It was quick. Just a quiet evening at home after that.

0315 (Thursday) Weight 173.9. Steps 27528. Total Burn 3093. Exercise Burn 1137/1299 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30min/1.75milesTreadmill). Calories in 3100. SNOW this morning. Caught me off guard, I hadn't seen it in the forecast. Started the day with my hour of elliptical, then Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 6075 steps. 2.65 miles. 356/339 burn. AvHR110. High152. In zone 11 of the 61 minutes. Lots of people, lots of instructors! Over twelve different people lead. After class I went to Sam's. Didn't need much. Wasn't home for long before I had to head out to grab some pizza from Dominoes and then meet my folks, Maga and #5 at the school for the "Grandparent's Lunch" at 12:25. Parking was an issue as always at events like this, but I found a spot. Took the picture and chatted after #5 took off for recess. I'd offered to check him out after and just take him home with me, as it was early out ... but he wanted to stay and finish the day, so I went home, hung out for 15min or so then headed back for his pickup. One the way to pickup middle school kids, the sun had come out and must have heated the ground enough that the moisture was evaporating. Steam/mist rising. I've seen this happen before on roads and rooftops, but as I passed by a park, it was enveloped in the rising mist and looked so cool, something out of a faerie story. I should have stopped and tried to capture a picture. #5 had his practice in the evening. I dropped him off at 6:30 and picked him up at 8:00. I had made some Swig cookies ... coloring the dough and frosting green for St. Patrick's day. I sent some as a thank you to coach and our other carpool. I ate many cookies too. #3 was hungry and asked if I'd pay for Chick-fil-a if he went, so I said sure. He brought home some nuggets and fries. Hubs was in the garage helping the neighbor and his sons make pinewood derby cars. I figured he'd like some dinner, but didn't know how to handle it with others over. He wasn't very happy that he missed dinner. With all the cookies and chicken nuggets, I hadn't done great on calories ... then Hubs made popcorn! Oooph, uber over!

0318 (Sunday) Weight 174.8. Steps 12308. Total Burn 2397. Exercise Burn 350/588 (30minElliptical). Calories in 2600. Hubs ran to Home Depot early ... his home away from home, it and Lowes. We did do our big breakfast. He smoked bacon. I cubed the leftover baked potatoes from last night. Wish we'd had more! I did a little sausage, and made pancakes. Cleaned up the kitchen, rested my eyes ... then did more cleaning. Got the bathrooms done, even switching out the shower curtain, and some vacuuming. I was running low on ducky salad makings, and so Hubs and I had a mini-date to Reams to grab some produce, then run through the car wash. We are paying $30+ a month for a pass for the Durango, so I want to take advantage of that. I'm always scared to try new things (even something as simple as driving through a car wash), but I'd had #1 son take me last week. Here I was driving with Hubs in the passenger seat for any additional instruction. Still nervous about it, but I did it. I made some cheesy bread for a small dinner. #2 left for a Spring Break getaway, the college kids are out this next week. Hubs and I retired to bed watching an episode of Veep. The wifi was being funky though. I went to reset it, but Hubs was asleep before I got it up again.

0317 (Saturday) Weight 174.8. Steps 9418. Total Burn 2197. Exercise Burn 120/391 (10minElliptical). Calories in 2800.  Hubs said he'd been awake since 3:30. There wasn't snoring last night, even in the early evening when he had actually been asleep. He was busy in the garage from 8:00-10:00 weighing in cars for the upcoming Pinewood Derby. I'd called yesterday to make a nail appointment and went at 9:00, right when they first opened.  Instead of another fill, we took off the old nails for a new set. OUCH though! My fingers are still tender. After the nails were done, I stopped at Maceys for a few things on their ad. Unfortunately, they were out of several items. I got rainchecks for the Oreos (my boy only want the Golden Double Stuff. They had a few but not as much as I was going to stock up on at $2 each), AuJus packets and Fresca 2-liter bottles. Grabbed some Hostess, and then had some individually wrapped Mentos on clearance. I think I'll like that, just grabbing one at time. Hubs had hit Costco after his thing wrapped up, picking up some ribs for #1 son who was prepping them for a buddy's bachelor party in the evening. Then Hubs and #4 had a derby. Hubs was happy that this stake is always so prepared and even had tables set up. We started getting some snow. Yuck. I made some mint brownies. I think I finally mastered the ganache (using melted butter instead of cream) but the brownies themselves are a little dry. Disappointing. #1 prepped the ribs and got them smoking. He also made guacamole. I thought we would get at least one rack of ribs, and #1 said that would be fine, but Hubs wanted to make sure the guys had enough and sent them all. I had baked some potatoes (to go with the ribs for us) and so we just had baked potatoes for dinner. I didn't really exercise today, just got in 10min on the elliptical to finish up my show from yesterday. Hubs made popcorn and we watched "Thor Ragnarock" which #1 had rented. The little boys watched it this morning. They loved it, as did #1 (he'd seen it in theaters, twice). I guess I'm just not really a fan of super hero shows, especially when they are so silly. I mean it was fine, but I didn't love it.

0318 (Sunday) Weight 174.8. Steps 12308. Total Burn 2397. Exercise Burn 350/588 (30minElliptical). Calories in 2600. Hubs ran to Home Depot early ... his home away from home, it and Lowes. We did do our big breakfast. He smoked bacon. I cubed the leftover baked potatoes from last night. Wish we'd had more! I did a little sausage, and made pancakes. Cleaned up the kitchen, rested my eyes ... then did more cleaning. Got the bathrooms done, even switching out the shower curtain, and some vacuuming. I was running low on ducky salad makings, and so Hubs and I had a mini-date to Reams to grab some produce, then run through the car wash. We are paying $30+ a month for a pass for the Durango, so I want to take advantage of that. I'm always scared to try new things (even something as simple as driving through a car wash), but I'd had #1 son take me last week. Here I was driving with Hubs in the passenger seat for any additional instruction. Still nervous about it, but I did it. I made some cheesy bread for a small dinner. #2 left for a Spring Break getaway, the college kids are out this next week. Hubs and I retired to bed watching an episode of Veep. The wifi was being funky though. I went to reset it, but Hubs was asleep before I got it up again.

0319 (Monday) Weight 174.4. Steps 26915. Total Burn 3026. Exercise Burn 1187/1222 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 33min/2milesTreadmill). Calories in 2600. #4 was already up early ... and stressing out about school. It's end of quarter, and he's not sure he has perfect grades. Still has to make up his math test he missed last Wednesday when he came home sick. We are planning on him staying after tomorrow, but he wanted to go early today to work on something for his tech class. Back when I was driving mornings regularly, I could still fit in my hour of elliptical if I really planned ahead. Here with this last minute request, I had to skip my second workout to get him to school. After getting the boys off, I hit Debbie's Zumba. Stats: 5720 steps. 2.54 miles. 366/344 burn. AvHR106. High141. In zone 5 of the 61 minutes. As I'd just hit the store over the weekend, I didn't do a Smiths stop like I often do on Monday mornings. For additional activity at home I got in one time on the treadmill and that missed elliptical session. Double school pickups in the afternoon per usual. #5 had his friend come home. I made them Mac&Cheese (and ate a little myself). Got my weekly blog post up, book review done ("Me Before You" which I finished over the weekend, and it was my movie for today. Liked both the book and the movie).

0320 (Tuesday) Weight 174.3. Steps 30869. Total Burn 3237. Exercise Burn 1359/1438 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 64min/4milesTreadmill). Calories in 2100.  Got in my morning elliptical, 10min shy as I started the last session a little late. Two eggs again today. I'd found two yesterday, but I wasn't sure if it was one from both girls, or if I had just missed finding one Sunday (hadn't found one). But with two again, it looks like both girls are laying. After getting the boys off to school I hit Zumba w/Marian. Stats: 5451 steps. 2.31 miles. 364/288 burn. AvHR102. High123. Didn't get into the cardio zone any of the 60 minutes. There were only four of us, a little harder to get the energy up. It's Spring Break for the college boys. #2 had taken off for a couple of days in Park City, but got back. #1 had the day off work and hung out with his girlfriend. The Interwebs went out, it was a Comcast outage, and it was several hours before it was back. I still COULD have worked out (sans streaming shows) or the bike is reading (book already downloaded) or listened to music. I had gotten in one treadmill time before, and got another one in later. Should have done weights today ... but didn't. Called the Dr. office first thing after Zumba to see if they'd refill Hub's blood pressure medication. The prescription ran out a couple months ago, and #1's girlfriend was taking BP on Sunday for a class, and Hubs was sky high. So the Dr. did call in 30 days, but said he needs to come in for a followup. I was just picking up #4 from school as he had stayed after, so I did stop at Smiths on the way home (he stayed in the car though). I didn't have to pick up #5, as he was going home with his friend. Hubs didn't get home until late, going straight to a derby from work.

0321 (Wednesday) Weight 173.7. Steps 31906. Total Burn 3262. Exercise Burn 1483/1462 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 60min/4milesTreadmill). Calories in 1500. I was able to get my full hour of elliptical in early. It doesn't really matter, I can always do some later, but I like to start my day with my routine. Zumba w/MZL ... someone isn't checking the calendar! It was all set up for something tonight. When people call to schedule the church, they need to include all the set-up time too, and check to see what is already reserved. There was still enough space that we just danced around the tables and chairs. Only Andrea and Anna were there to instruct, so I stayed on the stage the entire time (that, and to have one more spot on the limited space on the floor too). Stats: 6954 Steps. 3.03 miles. 454/451 burn. AvHR117. High141. In zone 27 of the 67 minutes. After class I did a quick stop at the post office to drop of an Amazon return. I'd ordered a bathroom rug set in navy ... except it was PURPLE! I got notified later in the day of the refund! That was fast. Hit the gym for a treadmill time, finished up my movie (Happy Tears ... blah), got the kitchen cleaned up (even scrubbed out the sink) and did some duckie digging. I'm always a little amazed I'm still turning over worms. It doesn't seem like there should be any left (as we've had ducks for a couple years now). Picked up middle school, then elementary. #5 was in tears as he got in the car and it took a bit to calm him down enough to get the story. Apparently there was an accident with a friend's iphone and it shattered, and #5 feels responsible. The friend was pretty devastated, and #5 was feeling awful, and I felt awful seeing my munchkin feeling so bad. We have a couple old phones not in use (actually a step up from the 5s that shattered) that Hubs and I discussed we could give, or help with the cost of a screen replacement (around $100). #5 does have a bunch on money he got for his birthday, so he decided to give $80 toward the repair cost. That's a lot to a 12 year old (or even older) but I don't think he'd get over it emotionally otherwise. Hubs and #4 went to do a derby ... #4 was paid $50 and got a $20 tip ... #5 said "I should have gone on this derby! I need that money!"  Dad had wanted the slightly older boy tonight though as he wasn't sure what to expect. It was a last minute derby, it wasn't at a church. I played around a bit with Itunes playlists and our Sonos speaker. Wrote a blog post and book review. I got in another time on the treadmill, did some extra Zumba ... hit 30k and kept calories in check. Also got the trial ring set from Motiv ... it's another tracker, a ring, I'm trying it out. It's $200, so a little pricey, but I do love my data. Seeing how the sizing works and how it feels, if I could wear it all the time.

0322 (Thursday) Weight 172.4. Steps 32734. Total Burn 3260. Exercise Burn 1446/1468 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 60min/4milesTreadmill). Calories in 2400. Hour of elliptical accomplished in the morning. Got the boys off to school, then hit Zumba w/MZL. They are usually happy to see me, as I'm generally the second instrutor there (they like to have two to start) but then there are usually oodles by the end ... over a dozen different teachers. Lots of people attending too. I had a little trouble getting my energy up though. Stats: 6573 steps. 2.92 miles. 386/403 burn. AvHR104. High127. In zone just 1 of the 64 minutes. After class I went to Sam'sClub. Didn't need a lot, just a few things. Home to unload. Got in two times on the treadmill and a little extra elliptical. I was doing pretty good on the eating, even ate an apple (and it tasted good!) but then I made my fried chicken and yellow rice, and then #1 picked up some Papa Murphy's pizza (and had them leave off the toppings on a small portion of the chicken garlic for me, so I had that). Not uber over on eating, but unless I stay under 2000, the weight goes up, regardless of burn. Hubs and #3 went and did a derby, right in our neighborhood. HUGE derby, with several wards combined. Not a big gym either (not the stake center, but the Maverick building). I dropped #5 off at practice and went back for pickup at 8:00.

0323 (Friday) Weight 173.5. Steps 20735. Total Burn 2778. Exercise Burn 681/977 (Zumba, 30min/2milesTreadmill). Calories in 3000. Oy bad night. It was pouring rain and it was so noisy hitting the bedroom window. I couldn't sleep for several hours, just laying there (did a little reading). As middle/high school was out, and I only had to get elementary off, I'd set my alarm for later. Hubs was still in bed too (also up in the night, even before the rain). As I let the ducks out in the morning they seemed to be grabbing a lot off the grass ... I guessed it was worms. I went out front and left the gate open so they could come out front and dine there too, but they stuck to the back. But there were worms EVERYWHERE. Huge ones too. I ended up gathering worms ... by the time I was done I had probably a hundred (oh, my muscles were sore, doing squats!) The ducks had already had plenty, so I just dropped the worms all over the flowerbed and garden, for future ducky treats and to help the garden grow. Needed to restock after all the worms the ducks have eaten! I didn't make it down to the gym before dropping #5 off to school and heading to Zumba. Pretty much just me, Anna and Andrea as instructors again today, although Mindy showed up later and did a couple numbers. I got good stats, staying on the stage and leading more. 7277 steps. 3.28 miles. 490/481 burn. AvHR124. In zone 48 of the 68 minutes. Didn't stop at a store on the way home, as I'd be going out later and figured I'd hit things then. One treadmill time, but no elliptical at all today. Both #2 and #3 were in the gym during the day, but I can't say that was really why I didn't make it back down. Early out at the elementary, then #5 had a birthday party at Boondocks. I'd never been there, and it's doable driving-wise, although pushing my comfort zone. I asked if the other local boys wanted to carpool and said I could do the drive there if one of the other parents could pick-up (9:00 finish, past MY bedtime). So a little after 5:00 I picked up Gage, Collin and Kain and drove the four boys out. It did take a while with traffic and me taking the back streets and such. There was a canal by the center and I saw two sets of Canadian Geese. After dropping the boys off and making sure they found the party, I headed home, stopping at Shopko to return the comforter set I'd picked up the other week (it didn't work) and then Smiths Marketplace to grab some produce and other items. #2 had been out of salad! Once home, I was done for the night so I got the ducks away and showered. Earlier in the day when I was giving the ducks their mid-day meal, I noticed the light in the pen had shattered. Little glass shards everywhere. I spent another 15min or so in squat position picking up all the pieces from the hay and wood chips. Ducks eat everything, and we certainly don't want them swallowing any pieces of glass! I really hope I got it all! Although the birthday party ended at 9:00, the boy's activity wristbands lasted until close at 10:00 ... the other mom was cool with staying if we other parents were. The boys were lucky she was picking up because I wouldn't have wanted to stay myself, in fact I couldn't even stay awake until #5 got dropped off back home. It was a little noisy, as #3 had several friends over. He got asked to the "Azurette's Formal" this Friday ... he had been hoping for that, as he likes going to dances, and likes drill team girls (this is his third dance with a different drill team girl for each).

0324 (Saturday) Weight 174.8. Steps 10465. Exercise Burn 215/375 (20minElliptical). Calories in 3000. I figured my duckies were anxious to get out, so I just slipped on a jacket over my jammies and went out first thing to open the pen and gather the eggs. Both girls laid them together in the back of the doghouse. IF I were to leave them to let them sit ... which girl would sit if both sets of eggs were together? But ... I want a year without babies. Still no basketball games. Both the 7th and 6th grade leagues actually started today, and some teams had games, but not our teams. I hit the elliptical once in the morning, getting in some "Grey's Anatomy" ... I never made it back down to finish it up though. Hubs was laying down for a nap mid-day and it looked so tempting that I joined him. We had plans to meet up with my folks for dinner at Texas Roadhouse at 5:00. Hubs had called ahead, but we weren't sure what was wrong as we pulled up to the restaurant and it was completely barren. Then we noticed the sign that it had moved across the street. It was anything but empty over there. Packed to the gills! I'd thought we'd be okay at 5:00. We finally got seated and had our meals. I noticed one of #3's friends who had just been at our house last night working there and he saw me too and came over and said hi. It was a good meal. We hadn't been in forever, with Hubs smoking meat, it just hasn't had as much of an appeal because we can have meals just as yummy at home with him. But it was good, and I ate plenty of rolls. Hubs emptied the hot tub and cleaned and refilled it. The folks transferred a box of cana lily bulbs for us to give to Hub's mom who had requested some. #2 and his girlfriend were over making cookies.

0325 (Sunday) Weight 176.9. Steps 8404. Exercise Burn 220/315 (20minElliptical). Calories in 3000. Oy, scale slide up after a day of little exercise and uber eating ... unfortunately, same situation today so tomorrow's weigh-in will likely be scary. Hubs and I slept in a little this morning, then he took a dip in the hot tub. I made french toast for breakfast, with some bacon and eggs and sausage. I got one 10min elliptical session in early, and more more later in the day to finish up my "Grey's Anatomy" episode. Another little nap today. I got a book blog post up and got the bills paid. A quick Macey's run to grab some grapes and rolls. Also grabbed some of the items I had rain-checks for (Fresca, Golden Oreos, AuJus). Over eating ... a little self-sabotage. Yum, ding-dongs, cookies, Tagalongs, salted caramel ... then Hubs and I watched "Forgetting Sara Marshall" whilst eating popcorn.

0326 (Monday) Weight 178.5. Steps 30367. Total Burn 3261. Exercise Burn 1400/1437 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 60min/4.3milesTreadmill). Calories in 2800. Back at it ... Hubs was up around 5:15 and I was up around 5:45. Got in most of my hour of elliptical (last session got cut a little short, I finished up the final 10min at the end of the day). Dropped #5 off at school and went out to Debbie's Zumba. I have a hard time making it on time. They had started, but I think I just missed one song. My "spot" was taken though. Stats: 5709 steps. 2.53 miles.  353/317 burn. AvHR104. High142. In zone 6 of the 60 minutes. Didn't stop at a store as I'd just been recently. The kitchen was a mess, so I put on some music and got the dishes done (unloaded, loaded, lots of handwash too) and some laundry. While we have Alexa playing some songs, and Itunes Music on my phone ... I'd spent some time the other day working up playlists on my computer, syncing to an old ipad that #1 helped me get connected to our Sonos speaker. It's been fun listening to some of the older music (Glee, AllyMcBeal, etc). Got in a couple times on the treadmill, doing some jogging. Picked up middle school carpool, then practiced some Zumba before heading out to the elementary for #5. Did some ducky digging and got the pen prepped for the night. I like to do as much as I can while it's light, and a little warmer, then I can get them away quickly as it gets dark. They are angels though, they never give me any trouble going in. Just one egg this morning though. We are low on eggs.  I'm surprised eggs haven't been on better sales with Easter upcoming .... it's next Sunday! Hubs and I had fallen asleep when we were awaken by some noisiness coming from the home gym, which is directly below our bedroom. #2 had a couple friends over, and #3 had gotten home from work ... and it had just gotten a little loud. Hubs was NOT happy. I do think he fell back asleep pretty quick. Not so much for me ...

0327 (Tuesday) Weight 176.9. Steps 28667. Total Burn 3103. Exercise Burn 1478/1304 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/4.05milesTreadmill). Calories in 2700. I got in my first two elliptical sessions on schedule, and was on track for the third when I got a text for Marian asking if I could cover the Zumba class today. She was under the weather. No problem, but I did need to quickly prep a playlist, and that took over my time and I didn't get in my final elliptical early ... I did fit it in later in the day to complete my hour. Dropped #5 at school ... he was pumping his basketball up in the car when the needle broke off in it. No ball for him today. I needed needle nosed pliers to pull it out, but got it pumped and ready for him after school. Zumba went well ... Carma had said she was coming to I'd asked if she'd sub with me and had put plenty of her songs on as well. It was the usual, Kathyleen and Barbara, with Brienne a little late. Then we had one newcomer, who did have some moves. I talked to her after and she said she had been a dancer and even a Zumba instructor. We'll see if she comes back. Stats: 6764 steps. 2.97 miles. 438/414 burn. AvHR 115. High 138. In zone 13 of the 64 minutes. I usually think it would be higher when I'm doing the leading! Home again, to feed the ducks, do the dishes, loads of laundry, etc. Two times on the treadmill, keeping up with some jogging. Watched "Gold" ... sometimes it's hard to remember Matthew McConaughy can be good looking. Not so much here! Double duty after school pickups. #3 had a friend over to help him make a sign to answer his date for the upcoming dance. #2's girlfriend helped come up with the little poem. Then Hubs and #3 were off to do a derby, back at his old ward building.
 
0328 (Wednesday) Weight 176.6. Steps 30855. Total Burn 3462. Exercise Burn 1400/1658 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 30min/2.25milesTreadmill, WEIGHTS). Calories in 2000. Yeah, I managed to fit in my full hour of elliptical early today. Watching "The Bucket List" which was good. Ended perfectly with my treadmill time later in the day. Just the one time today, but I jogged a bit of it and hit 30k for the day. Zumba w/MZL. Bigger group today, as the other Wednesday location in Kearns wasn't happening. We got some of those folks. Good class. Stats: 7470 Steps. 3.35 miles. 478/502 burn. AvHR118. High141. In Zone 29 of the 68 minutes. Stopped at Maceys after to grab some groceries ... needed more eggs. Not so much for Easter dyeing, but for NESTS. I've gone a little crazy with the nests this year. It's an annual tradition ever since I was in elementary school. Tiffany Olsen introduced them to me. A simple meringue cookie. Really only #2, #4 and I like them, but we LOVE them. Flaky and chewy and melt in your mouth! I still had some duck eggs (even after taking a dozen to Kathyleen yesterday, she wanted some) but those shells are so tough, that I wouldn't be able to separate the whites (as I usually demolish the egg opening it up). I made a couple double batches today! While I did indulge in the nests (pretty much straight sugar) I tried to keep calories in check. I did a little extra Zumba, I did a weight workout, and got a blog post up. Laundry and kitchen cleanup per usual. The ducks actually gave me a little trouble going into the pen tonight, very unusual for them! I did get two eggs this morning.

0329 (Thursday) Weight 174.8. Steps. 31778. Total Burn 3168. Exercise Burn 1210/1381 (60minElliptical, Zumba+, 35min/2milesTreadmill, Bike). Calories in 2600. Started the day with my hour of elliptical, then hit Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 6893 steps. 3.03 miles. 417/403 burn. AvHR107. High137. In Zone 14 of the 65 minutes. Quite a few kids. Our Spring Break doesn't start until next week, but it must have been going on for some schools. Stopped at Sam'sClub on the way home. Grabbed grapefruit thinking it looked good ... yet that wasn't what I reached for when I got home. Have yet to eat one! Overate today, but did decent with the activity. One time on the treadmill, and then I hit the bike before bed. #5 had practice. Just one egg this morning, and I'm really worried about Gabby girl. She just looks really off. Lethargic, not really eating, not staying with the others. So many possible things it could be and I'm not really sure treatment for anything.  

0330 (Friday) Weight 175.7. Total Steps 30762. Total Burn 3229. Exercise Burn 1388/1418 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.5milesTreadmill). Calories in 2400.  I hadn't planned on getting up early. Taking advantage of the late start at the schools I had my alarm set for 7:30. Hubs was up and off a little after 5:00 and I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I got up. Without my usual routine (needing to get the older boys off early) I went ahead and hit the treadmill for a full hour. Just walking. Woke up the kids and got them off to school, then headed to Zumba. Debbie had asked me to sub, but I would have hit this class regardless as MZL had to move to the West Kearns building, which is a little too far for me. So it was me, Jill and Cindy doing class today.  Stats: 6340 Steps. 2.79 miles. 457/428 burn. AvHR119. High149. In zone 25 of the 65 minutes. Maybe should have stopped at the store on the way home ... but didn't. #2 was home, but left to hit the gym (not my gym, the college gym). No eggs today. Poor Gabby girl continues to be off. It's been a little hard to concentrate. I'm checking on her all the time. I was almost afraid I'd find her dead this morning. Not sure if it's an impacted egg, a swallowed piece of glass (bulb broke last Friday and I tried SO hard to get every shard but it's likely I missed some), some other sickness or infection. She's not as bad as Alley was couple years ago ... and Ally did make a complete recovery with some added Niacin to the diet (I'll try that here, but the symptoms aren't quite the same. Ally lost all ability to walk. Gabby can walk, but doesn't want to. Very listless, off her food. I can tell she is exhausted and wants to sleep, but can't seem to tuck her beak under her wing like they usually do when they sleep). I went out and did  a little digging and she seemed a bit interested, but still really lacking in energy. She seems to find comfort in the water, so I refilled all the pools with clean water. She just sits in one all day. She is still drinking. I'm just sick about it. I made another batch of nests. Hit the elliptical, getting in my hour by the end of the day.  Did double duty school pickups ... I'll have a week off with Spring Break next week, although the boys might then want me to run them other places. Dropped #5 off for his practice. Hubs had Jazz tickets, four of them. He was taking #4 and two of #4's friends. I watched some at home. I really do think I prefer it. I know there is an excitement there with the crowd ... but there IS a crowd, and noise, and uncomfortable seats (even when you have great seats, I prefer my bed). I benefit from the commentary, and I hate the drive downtown and the parking and travel time. Jazz got the win. #1 was off to a wedding for one of his best friends. #2 was off with his girlfriend (they ended up back at our house watching "Grey's Anatomy" ... starting from the beginning. I forgot I had an episode to watch today. I'll get to it tomorrow). #3 had a dance, the Azurette's formal. #5 got home from practice to find only me home and asked "where IS everybody?"

0331 (Saturday) Weight 175.9. Steps 14680. Total Burn 2481. Exercise Burn 425/670 (40minElliptical). Calories in 2100. Duckie drama :( Gabby girl died this morning. Last night I debated putting her in the pen alone and having the others just free range for the night. In my reading and research it says to isolate the sick duck, both to protect the other ducks from infection if it's something catchy, and so the sick duck can rest without being bothered. I also wanted all her favorite foods right there for her if she felt like eating (without the others gobbling everything up). Yet, ducks are so social, they don't like to be alone. What to do?  I prepped the pen and put her in and closed the door. She didn't seem upset by it, but the other ducks did. Blackfoot (our other girl) seemed especially angry with me! I ended up opening the pen and letting the other three wander in and out at will, but they didn't stay all the time, so Gabby could get some time undisturbed. Poor girl can't seem to sleep, can't put her head under her wing. I can see her eyes closing with her neck still out. Still drinking but not eating. I woke in the night and peeked out the window and couldn't see her. I went out with a flashlight and checked all over and couldn't see her. She must have just been in the doghouse, opposite corner and I didn't really glance in there enough. So in the morning I saw her in the corner of pen, then in the tub of water, then back in the doghouse. Then a little later I saw her with the others under the tramp, and then the next time I looked ... her head was down on the ground, and she was gone. I cried. But she was suffering. I wish we knew what it was to better protect the others.  I dug a grave in a corner of the garden and we buried her. Abbott (one of the males) had seemed to be coming over and nudging her body. So sad. Watching a Grey's Anatomy as I got in a couple sessions on the elliptical I was bawling. It was a sad episode there too, but I think I was extra on edge. Just on the verge (and over) of tears all day. #5 had a basketball game at 2:00 against Legends. They are a tough team with a couple huge guys. But their smaller guys are also good and they work together well. Our boys kept it pretty close but Legends got the win. It was the first time in the new red uniforms. I think I preferred the black (well, you know me!) #5 played the entire game, was never on the bench. His face was as red as his jersey at the end. He had the team high with 10 points. Hubs did a run to Costco to grab brisket for Easter dinner tomorrow. He prepped it in the evening. #1 and his girlfriend made a cheesy potato dish ... between the brisket and cheese dish, there were tons of dishes waiting for me in the morning. I did a load of laundry and cleaned the main bathroom. Cleaned up the backyard some. Hubs dropped off taxes and brought home some Popeyes. #3 got home from work and headed out to Classic for "disco skating" ... he had on my pink hat, bright green socks and asked if I had any matching wristbands around. Lime green fuzzy wristbands? Um, no, I don't. I looked in the little boy's room to see if I had a tie with pink/green when I noticed another pair of lime green socks. Some cheap ones that hadn't really been worn much. I told #3 we could cut the tops off, and they'd be almost like wristbands. He liked the idea and so we did. End of the month. I remembered to grab my Fitbit graph before bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...