Last week's weigh-in had been a drop, and then I was able to nudge the scale down a bit more with improved eating and exercise ... for five days anyway. Then the weekend happened and the scale shifted right back up, up, up. Up over four pounds since Friday morning? Sheesh. I'll admit to being a bit discouraged.
Fitbit Stats and Stuff...
NUMBERS: Official weight up again ... 3 pounds. But the average was down (-1.69). I even had a deficit for the week (-1067) with intake average of 2341 and burn average of 2965. Step average was 25380 with 63.84 logged miles. Two days with intake under goal/2000. Five days 3000+ burn and four 30k days (on the day I was close but didn't quite make it on my One, the Charge was 30k).
EXERCISE: Got my hour of elliptical five days and that was it. No partial days. Treadmill five days with extra three times. Five Zumba classes and some additional on my own. One time on the bike. One time w/weights + a little abs/core. ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES: A little more basketball this week. One game Monday night and two games Saturday. The usual driving and restocking groceries. My LifeCycle picked up a new place this week ... the Instacare. I've been using Lifecycle for a little over a year. I guess it's good to note that we haven't needed to hit the Instacare until now. #3 was pretty stereotypical strep (fever/chills, sore throat, lethargy, inflamed tonsils with visible white spots of infection) so I took him in for a test which was positive. Recovering quickly with antibiotics.
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0416) Just shy of 30k, but still a good day, for both exercise and eating. Started with my hour of elliptical, then Zumba w/Debbie, Two treadmill times (one jogging, one walking) and I even did some weights. #5 had a late basketball game, they lost by four points (this was to the #1 team in the league). Horrible WIND today. 29047 steps, 3036 burn. 1600 intake.
- Tuesday (0417) Woke to SNOW, but it was gone by afternoon. 30k day. Same cardio as yesterday, hour of elliptical, an hour of Zumba (w/Marian today), and an hour of Treadmill. 10min of abs/core. I was glad I got my gym time in during the day, because there were BOYS in my gym after school. Kept calories in check again. 31526 steps. 3170 burn. 1990 intake.
- Wednesday (0418) Dragging a bit. Woke around 4:00, but must have finally fallen back asleep as I needed the alarm at 5:45 to drag out of bed. Hour of elliptical early, then Zumba w/MZL. Some errands (carwash, drycleaning, groceries, donuts ... should have skipped that last one!) Two mile walk on the treadmill. Cleaning, prepping for Hubs to come home (he'd been out of town on business for a few days). 28781 steps. 3227 burn. 2700 intake (dang donuts!)
- Thursday (0419) Started off with an hour of elliptical. Zumba w/MZL. Two miles on the treadmill and a session on the bike. Some shopping steps too. Hubs had a derby, #3 went to help. Didn't quite keep calories under goal, but they didn't get too out of control. 31987 steps. 3300 burn. 2100 intake.
- Friday (0420) Surprising 30k day on a Friday! I had my alarm set for later, but I woke early. Hit the treadmill for an hour first thing. Got the boys off to school then hit Zumba w/MZL. Got my hour of elliptical in later (two 20min, two 10min). #5 had basketball practice in the evening. Intake was under burn, but well over goal. 31906 steps. 3304 burn. 2800 intake.
- Saturday (0421) started rough with #3 sick in the night, and super sick all day. Ended up taking him to the instacare. Strep. He'd had the day off work so he could go to a school dance (Morp) and was so sad to miss it. #5 had two basketball games. Hubs had a derby, #4 helped. #1 and #4 got to go to the Jazz playoff game. Steps 11580. Burn 2346. Intake 2000.
- Sunday (0422) Another early morning waking from sick #3. Finally feeling a bit better by the end of the day. Got the lawn mowed and did some gardening/planting. Family breakfast in the morning, Hubs smoked roast and chicken for dinner. 12836 steps. 2370 burn. 2700 intake.
What I Watched While Working Out
It was a five movie week, as my early rising made a Friday movie possible. I started out the week with movies with an "afterlife" theme. I'd read the book, The Lovely Bones (movie made in 2009) so I figured I could now watch the movie. While I started off good enough, after the first 30 minutes it was pretty hard to watch. Some things can come across in a book (the abstract idea of the "in-between" heaven-ish location) that look a little ridiculous when presented in film. While most people say "the book was better than the movie" at times the movie version is still good. This was not one of those times. Charlie St. Cloud (2010) also had the premise of someone who had passed on sticking around. I haven't read the book this was based on. I liked this, although the big "twist" was pretty easy to foresee and I still have a couple unanswered questions. Reminded me of a book I have read a while back "Wraith" (Hawaiian Shadows series). The Discovery (2017) deals with the idea of what the afterlife is, and is it somewhere you want to go sooner than later (enough to commit suicide) ... it never really addressed all the religions that DO absolutely believe in an afterlife, a good afterlife (but many religions also say it could be impacted by life choices, and suicide could negate you getting to where you want to go). Ironically the next/current book "Passages" is dealing with NDE (near death experiences) with doctors attempting to discover where we go when we die ..
... enough of death.
... although there was a lot of death in Radius (2017) a sci-fi mystery. I liked the movie well enough, it kept me interested and entertained. Nothing supernatural in Lion (2016) which was based on true events. I'd heard a lot of people raving about this movie and it was very good. Ironically, the same gal in this movie was also in The Discovery" ... I don't know that I've ever seen her in anything else, but twice this week!
Five Featured Photos ...
April snow ...
Just breathe ... my motto
#1 son attempting to talk me into getting a puppy ...
Planting prep ... little greenhouse there in the back.
Grateful for medication ... on the road to recovery.
Stupid strep throat!










No comments:
Post a Comment