First week on the "summer schedule" ... started off good, still getting up early and getting some exercise in. Down a little (literally such a small amount) ... had my little drop Tuesday morning after a motivated Monday. Thursday's weight was up, not surprising after indulging in popcorn right before bed. I'd hoped it was water weight, but it took a few days to drop down. Up again Monday morning after very little activity Sunday (even though I did keep calories in check that day).
NUMBERS: Weight down (-.3) with average about the same (-.14). Actually kept calories under 2000 four days this week. Average intake was 2100. Average burn 2962. Deficit for the week (-2943) with four 3000+ burn days, four 30k days as well. Step average was 24597 with 63.28 logged miles. Cardio minutes logged as 900/935 (my count), 991 (One), 1162 (Versa), 1013 (ChargeClip), 643 (Garmin), 785 (Motiv).
Step comparison from my three Fitbit devices ...
This looks similar to two weeks ago, but last week all three were quite close. Not sure where all the differences come from. The Charge picks up more steps during dancing, and I did more Zumba than usual this week. The Versa (on the wrist) doesn't pick up shopping steps, and is often a bit lower tracking other exercise ... but if it's a NO exercise day/no shopping day, then the Versa comes out ahead of the other two. I've been wearing and comparing and plan on doing a post about all the numbers ...
EXERCISE: I didn't really do nine hours of Zumba. Closer to seven. Five classes, and two hours on my own. The extra time at the church before/after adds up, and LifeCyle rounds up. Only got in my hour of elliptical two days this week, although I still got in some elliptical four other days. Treadmill four days, with three of those double duty. I walked to/from Zumba on Tuesday.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Mowed the lawn twice. Just one basketball game this week. The usual grocery shopping, although driving time went way down without school and fewer basketball games. We had an early Father's Day family gathering as well.
Here's a look at the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0604) Started off the summer on the right foot. Up around 6:30, and did an hour walk on the treadmill. Then Zumba w/Debbie ... unfortunately it was the dreaded "closed for cleaning" which those who schedule rarely let Zumba classes know about. They let us dance in the RS room, but it was so crowded and on carpet. I got three 20min sessions on the elliptical in during the day. #5 had a basketball game in the evening. The gym was SO hot! Kept calories in check, so a good day. 30249 steps. 3237 burn. 1700 intake.
- Tuesday (0605) Up early enough to get an hour walk on the treadmill first thing. Zumba w/Marian at 9:00. #3 and a friend were in the gym when I got back. I told him to TRY and schedule his workouts for the morning (while I'm at Zumba and running errands) so that worked out. Gym was free later for me to get three elliptical sessions in during the day. #4 wanted to play basketball, so we went back to the church and it was empty. The two youngest played for about an hour. I did some Zumba on my own while I waited and supervised. 34832 steps. 3482 burn. 1800 intake.
- Wednesday (0606) 37k day. Whew! Up early, and got an hour walk (3.5miles) on the treadmill. Zumba w/MZL, then some grocery shopping. More Zumba on my own, as I supervised the boys playing basketball at the church gym. I didn't quite get my hour of elliptical, just two 20min session ... but more than enough steps today! Also mowed the front lawn. 37729 steps. 3566 miles. 2500 intake (Hubs made popcorn, can't resist it!)
- Thursday (0607) Got up a little after 6:00. Instead of treadmill, I went back to elliptical, like when on my "school schedule" ... didn't quite get in three full sessions, 10min shy. I thought for sure I'd finish that up by the end of the day, but then boys were in the gym all evening. I had to pace around to get my final steps to hit 30k. Zumba w/MZL and a treadmill jog done during the day too. 30080 steps. 3311 burn. 2000 intake.
- Friday (0608) Started the day with Zumba. Debbie's class, but she asked Carma and I to sub. Only two elliptical sessions during the day. #5 had practice in the evening. 20416 steps. 2821 burn. 2900 intake.
- Saturday (0609) No basketball today, in fact, I never left the house. Just two elliptical sessions, but I mowed the lawn. 13917 steps. 2388 burn. 2200 intake.
- Sunday (0610) Family party today, early Father's Day on Hub's side. I made homemade rolls and grabbed a chocolate cake from Sam'sClub (birthday celebrations also). No exercise. 4955 steps. 1926 burn. 1600 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Some spoilers here this week ... Maps to the Stars (2014). That was awful. Reading reviews on IMDB some people praised it for showing "real Hollywood" and ... I don't know, it was awful. I guess the acting was fine, it was the story. From our aging actress freaking out during a threesome to sitting on the toilet and farting while having a conversation, to the child actor who at age 14 already has a drug problem, swears up a storm & crappy talk (literally, an entire discussion about how a fan wants to buy their poop, to descriptions of said excrement) ... but when he kills a dog, and then a child and then "gets married" to his sister. The latter isn't that bad, because their parents are brother/sister as well. Just ugggg. I actually stopped watching but then figured for closure, and maybe there would be some redemption at the end? No. Next movie I needed some laughs, so I watched an old one (from 1987), Good Morning Vietnam. While it has a lot of comedy, it does have it's dramatic moments too. Then a couple recent flicks (both from 2017) My Cousin Rachel ... I liked it. You are trying to figure out what is the truth, if Rachel is good or bad. More of that pondering in The Beguiled ... but this one left me ehhhh. I just could not figure out the motivation for the moves some of the characters made.
Five Featured Photos ...
Summer means sleeping. Sleeping in and napping.
Of course kitty sleeps all year round!
#1 son wanted to stock up on Gatorade!
Family party. Early Father's Day and some birthdays.
Momma and babies at the canal ...
... and our own duckies in the backyard.









No comments:
Post a Comment