Monday, February 25, 2019

Weekly Weigh-In #290 (180.1)



Well, I managed to move back into the 170s (barely) but bumped back up a bit after the weekend. This week was fairly routine as far as school, I think the boys are finally caught up after the cruise. There was some basketball, a doctor's visit for #4, and a birthday for #2. Hubs was out of town Monday through Thursday. My stats were pretty good ...

NUMBERS: Official weight down .9, with average up a smidgen (.38 to 176.69). Average intake 2477. Just one day under 2000. Small deficit (-667). Average burn 2887. Three 3000+ days. Two 30k days. Step average was 24495 w/70.45 logged miles. Cardio minutes 840/1052/1024/1412 with 40min Weights.

... a look at the family Fitbits ...

EXERCISE: I managed to get  my hour of elliptical in every single day this week. I don't remember the last time that's happened (okay, I looked on my "streaks" app and it was May2018, but I did go almost an entire month once, 28 days straight!) Treadmill time five days, with double duty three of those days. Four Zumba classes. One time with weights.  OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving and grocery shopping. Running #4 to the doctor, spending an hour after w/Zumba friends, a basketball game ... the "more" was the stop at school to check #4 out, and a pizza run. Not sure why sometimes small (10min or less) activities show up on the LifeCycle graph, and other times they get moved into the "more" section.

Here's the Day by Day ...


  • Monday (0218) The kids were out of school for President's Day. #4 and I had a stressful day as I tried to get him to complete his catch-up work from the cruise. I made it to Zumba, got in my hour of elliptical and two times on the treadmill. Hubs went to work, then straight to the airport, away to Vegas for the Builder's Convention for a few days. Steps 28110. Burn 2980. Intake 1294. 
  • Tuesday (0219) Woke to snow. It stopped before I took the kids to school, but roads were slippery and slow. Zumba at the church. Got in my hour of elliptical, hour treadmill time and I did weights. Pulled a muscle in my thigh - ouch! Both boys stayed after school doing make-up work. Stopped at Little Caesars on the way home. #5 had practice in the evening. Steps 33864. Burn 3380. Intake 1990.
  • Wednesday (0220) Took the boys to school early as #4 was taking a test he'd missed. He got an A. I went to Zumba w/MZL, a store stop and car wash. I done my hour of elliptical early, and managed an hour on the treadmill in the early afternoon. Then back to the school to check #4 out for his doctor's appointment. We made it there in good time. I felt it went well. Trying a couple new prescriptions. Thinking about therapy. Stopped at Popeyes on the way home and still was home in time to go pick up #5 after intramurals (I'd had #3 on standby just in case ... he didn't have school today, Juniors taking the ACT). #5 had a 6:00 game in the evening. An easy win. Got a team picture while we had all 10 boys, they were wearing black, and happy after a good game. Steps 32056. Burn 3157. Intake 2150. 
  • Thursday (0221) I got my hour of elliptical in early, then went to Zumba w/MZL. Meeting after, and a stop at Walmart. Just two miles treadmill today. Double pickups after school. Birthday for #2, 20 years old. I made crepes for an early dinner. He had class, and then we had cake. Snow in Vegas, and Hubs flight home was cancelled. He and the guys managed to rent a car and headed home. He didn't make it until after 9:00.Steps 27325. Burn 3004. Intake 2800.
  • Friday (0222) Slept in a little. Got the kids to school, did a store stop. Got everything put away. Netflix is being weird today (exiting out of my profile) but it was okay, as I had a Grey's Anatomy on PlayOn waiting for me. #5 had practice in the evening. #3 was off watching girl's basketball (state playoffs) and then to watch, and perform in, the Drill review in the evening.  Steps 17356. Burn 2662. Intake 2200. 
  • Saturday (0223) Store run. Breakfast with the boys. Haircuts. Donuts. Got in three 20min sessions on the elliptical during the day.  Steps 14013. Burn 2429. Intake 2700. 
  • Sunday (0224) Not a good night. Started the day with elliptical, and got my full hour in by end of day. Treadmill time too.  Big breakfast with the family, waffles and homemade bacon. Emptied, cleaned, refilled the hot tub. Oscars in the evening. 18743 steps. 2600 burn. 2800 intake. 
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
We'd got talked into a Starz subscription with out Direct TV, and while I will be canceling, I figured I'd watch a few movies/shows. I'd gotten sucked into "Power"and  I stopped watching movies for a while. As I finished all five seasons, I've made my way back to movies, and to streaming services other than Starz. On Netflix, I finally watched Ant-man and the Wasp (2018, IMDB 7.1) I'd really enjoyed the first installment. I'm behind on my other Avengers movies, so I felt like I'd missed some stuff (why he was on house arrest) but I still enjoyed it. On Amazon, I watched Wonder (2017, IMDB 8.0) which I'd heard rave reviews about, and I'd read the book. I liked it. There were some tears as I elliptical-ed along. Finally, on HBO, I watched Oceans8 (2018, IMDB 6.2). I'd loved the first Oceans11 movie. I'd seen the previews for this and it had peaked my interest. It was a little over the top but it kept me entertained.  On my non-movie days, or for finishing up when my movie ended before a workout, I started watching "Travelers" (season 3) on Netflix. I'd really liked the first couple seasons and have heard this is the end and that there is closure, which will be appreciated. I also got in the most recent episode of Grey's on Friday.  Upstairs Hubs and I watched a couple episodes of Mad Men (season 2). The boys have recently started Brooklyn99 on #1's recommendation. 

*** Five Featured Photos ***

That's #3, in a white suit, for the White Out at the high school game ...

My #5 (who IS #5) and his Jags team. Not the final game yet, but as we had all 10 boys, they were wearing black (which I prefer to the white) and they won ... so there were smiles.  Perfect picture opportunity!
#2 is now the big 20! Got a cake and a kiss from Kate ...

That's homemade bacon! Hubs bought the slab of meat, brined it, smoked it, sliced it ... then we fried it up. #2 in the background there making waffles. 

#1 and wife have been into movies, and seen almost all the Oscar contenders. 
They were having a contest to see which one could predict the most winners. They ended up in a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...