Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekly Weigh-In #276 (169.1)

I had a good week for food and fitness Monday-Thursday. The weekend is always tough. I'm off schedule and my motivation is lacking. The scale stayed pretty steady.


 NUMBERS: Super slight shift in official weight (-.1) and average (+.1). Kept intake under goal three days, average intake 2264. Average daily burn 2787, with a deficit for the week (-1792). Four days with burn 3000+ and four 30k days. Step average 23995, with 64.85 logged miles. Cardio minutes 936/998/1119 with 40min spent on strength training.

EXERCISE: I got my hour of elliptical in five days, with a partial workout one additional day. I had treadmill time every day this week, with double duty three days. Four Zumba classes, with some extra on my own. One workout w/Weights.

OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving duties and grocery shopping. One basketball game and a little time spent at practice/parent meetings.  The "more" was an Ab workout and food run. I wish LifeCyle just showed all the events, but I guess for people with a more packed week, they might not have room for everything ... like I do!

Here's the Day by Day ...


  • Monday (1112) Started my week off with a 30k day. Hour of elliptical in early, great Zumba workout w/Southziders. A quick stop for groceries on the way home. Two treadmill times. Laundry, dishes, blog post. #5 had basketball practice in the evening over at the high school. 30770 steps. 3169 burn. 2000 intake.
  • Tuesday (1113) Very active day, over 30k. In addition to my hour of elliptical, I taught Zumba over at the church, did two treadmill times, and did a workout with weights. Hubs and #4 did a derby... brought home Popeyes afterward. #5 had practice again over at the high school. 33887 steps. 3316 burn. 2500 intake.
  • Wednesday (1114) My arm is sore. #4 really wanted someone to throw a football with, and I guess he was desperate enough to accept my offer Those are muscles I don't normally use like that. For official exercise, I got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba w/MZL and a little extra on my own, and one treadmill time. Kept calories in check, quantity at least, quality still needs work. 30236 steps. 3094 burn. 1950 intake.
  • Thursday (1114) Woke to weird dreams. Starts my day unsettled. I got in my hour of elliptical, Zumba with MZL and two treadmill times. A little ab workout as well. #3 and a couple friends were in the home gym for a couple hours after school. Hubs and #5 did a derby. #4 went to the local gym to play basketball with his buddies. 32587 steps. 3116 burn. 1600 intake.
  • Friday (1116) Slept in a little. Skipped Zumba, as I would only get in half after late-start drop-off. I got in my hour of elliptical, one time on the treadmill, and a bit of Zumba practice. I maybe would have hit the gym again for a weight workout, but #3 and a couple buddies were in there for hours after school. They sure do stink it up! #5 had basketball practice. Hubs and #4 did a derby. 18749 steps. 2542 burn. 2400 intake.
  • Saturday (1117) One 20min elliptical, one treadmill time. Had to cut my walk short to take #4 to a friend's house. #5 had a basketball game. They won the championship game Eating was over. Had one (or two) of my "turkey" cookies I made yesterday and then #2 and his GF made peanut butter kiss cookies in the evening. SO tired today, asleep by 8:30! 10439 steps. 2078 burn. 2700 intake.
  • Sunday (1118) Breakfast was bacon, hashbrowns and french toast. Hubs went to brunch with work friends to celebrate his birthday (tomorrow). Then he smoked a prime rib, testing it out. Taco salad was the official dinner, with lemon jello cake. #1 and wife were over and played games with the littles. #3 was working. Caught the most recent "Grey's Anatomy" while walking on the treadmill. 11298 steps. 2197 burn. 2700 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out *** 
Hubs got suckered into accepting a Starz subscription with our DirectTV plan. I'll probably end up canceling it (but you have to call and talk to someone, why can't do it online like I can do to add anything?) but figured I'd watch of few movies on it before we do. I hadn't seen the latest Spiderman (2017) which I liked more than I thought I would. I'm pretty sure I've skipped a few of The Avengers films which were mentioned in this movie, but it was okay, I still got it all. I'd heard good things about the new Jumanji too, and again, I really liked it, a lot more than I expected I would. It was good! An older basketball show, The Winning Season (2009) was cute, and I ended the week with a little drama, Eye in the Sky (2015) which was quite good. Really, not a ton of action, a lot of tense talking! It was an interesting peek into the behind the scenes stuff war can bring. So ... four thumbs up this week. I also started a Starz series, Counterpoint, which is interesting. Hubs and I haven't hit House of Cards again, but I did catch the most recent Grey's Anatomy. 

 Five Featured Photos ...

 My pretty sunflower birthday bouqet 


Ewww ... egg experiment. For #4's biology class. Soaked eggs in vinegar which dissolved the shell but left the egg intact still. Then covered in corn syrup, which resulted in the shrunken, shriveled, transparent eggs. Then one more shift to distilled water (24 hours for each soak) in which the eggs had a complete recovery from their shrunken state.


Two kitties looking at something interesting outside ...

 #5's Wolves team for the win! 8th grade champs.

Happy Birthday Hubs
Sunday celebration even though the birthday is Monday.
Maybe we'll do another cake ;)
 
Thanksgiving week coming up ... that will throw off the schedule and of course have some indulgent eating! We'll see how getting stuffed affects the scale next post ...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it was a good week of maintenance...and the normal busy!!! Happy birthday to your husbands!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...