Friday, January 4, 2019

JenBsBooks in 2018

With the new year, I see some resolutions regarding reading. Set a goal ... how many books do you want to read this year? Me? I don't set a goal, I don't have a number in mind. I just read because I love it. I almost feel guilty, that perhaps I should set a goal to keep my reading in check ...

The number of books I read in 2018 was down slightly from the last couple years (130, compared to 138/137). The number of audio books went up a little. 69 of those 130 were audio, just over half. I have a feeling both numbers (total books/audio books) will go up this coming year (as I added earbuds to my audiobook arsenal and have been listening whenever I can, and it adds up!)

I read several 5 star books this year. LOVE a good read. No 1 star books, quite a few 2 star, but the majority fall into the 3/4 star range.  I didn't blog about books as much as I would have liked. I have posts in my head, to talk about a series, or a group of books with a similar theme or something, but then just didn't get around to sitting down at the computer and making it happen. Hopefully there will be some. Even if it's not something a lot of people see, I like to do it for me. It helps me remember my reads ... which can be challenging with the number of books I consume.

Here's a visual stroll down 2018s books ...

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. I read almost nothing in 2018...not sure whey so little..just got out of the habit....and even fell out of the habit of listening to books in the car during my commute. Like I said, I don’t know what happened!! (from my high year of 154 logged books to last year of 23....since I’ve been logging my books read in 2013). I love to read so it really is a mystery! I picked up a book at the beginning of the month...I’ve been reading pretty consistently since then (I think I’m reading book 13 right now for this year)

    Ahhh it does feel good to be back reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My high was 138, but I honestly think I'll be beating it this year. I've added earbuds to my audio arsenal and am listening in any spare minute (added to when I was already listening, and reading). ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...