May ... there was Mother's Day, friends from out of town, basketball, some sunshine/LOTS of rain, the end of the school schedule, including graduation for #3. As for as the scale goes, another nice loss this month. At the end of April I incorporated Intermittent Fasting into my daily routine. Going the 16:8 route, eating between the house of 11:00 am and 7:00 pm was the plan. I found myself starting early (well, 7:00 would roll around and I'd realize I hadn't eaten since 5:30 or so), and often extending longer than the 16 hours. Staying flexible. Some days when I didn't meet the 16 hours (a couple weekends) but overall, it's been pretty easy. Keeps me from mindlessly eating in the evening or morning. Still counting calories and tracking during my eating window, but it helps with calorie control too. For the first time in I don't know how long, my intake average was actually under my 2000 goal.
NUMBERS: Weight started at 170.70. Ended at 164.90. High was 171.9. Low 164.20. Average 168.53. With intake average at 1997 and burn at 2825, I had a nice deficit for the month (-13219). Kept calories under goal 18 days. Had a 3000+ burn/30k day 14 times. Step average 24,111. Total steps 747,451 with 255 logged miles.
EXERCISE: I achieved my hour of elliptical twenty-two days this month. Got in a little extra two other days. Twenty-two days with treadmill time too. 10 days with double duty. Nineteen Zumba classes, with some extra on my own. Just one time on the bike. Four weight workouts.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: The usual driving around and hitting the store for groceries ... shopping steps, except the wrist trackers don't do well when you hold onto something like a shopping cart or stroller. There's enough vibration that my lawn mowing gets picked up. I love mowing the lawn. Quite a bit of yard work too, as well as duck duty. Quite a bit of basketball, watching #2 as well as #5 this month. Friend time. Family time (bridal shower). School stuff ... graduation. Yes, four hours, that was including attempting to get out of the parking lot! A couple of times eating out. A walk. Other shopping. A visit to the doctor with #4.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***



I have been going the intermittent fasting route also. Like you, I have had to extend it once or twice (usually weekends) simply because life has gotten in the way (we were heading out on our bikes at 11:30 Am...I knew I needed an early lunch or I was going to mountain bike for 2 or more hours on an empty stomach...not good. So I ate at 11 an hour outside my 12-8 window. But it does make it sooo much easier to avoid the pitfalls of snacking!!
ReplyDelete