I slipped up in a lot of things this last year, especially with food/fitness and weight loss ... but BOOKS? I had a good book year. My eyesight has gone downhill these last couple years, and it's really impacted my "reading" reading. While I got in a few books with my own eyes and imagination, almost everything was audio. I kept good track on GoodReads (and I LOVE their end of year stats!) I made monthly collages (you can see them on the monthly recaps, or I compiled them HERE) and intended to make a stat spreadsheet ... but I did get off-track on that at the end of the year.
... another look at my generalized GoodReads ratings/reviews ...
... as mentioned, I was extremely Audible this year ;) I'd only had a 3-month trial membership previously (in 2020), but when a $99 12/month, 12/credit deal was offered at the start of 2021, I figured I'd give it a try. Unfortunately these stats don't show the whole picture, as I listened to a lot from my library (Libby/Overdrive) as well. Almost any book I received as an advance review copy WAS through Audible though, as well as any KindleUnlimited books (there were a couple KU deals I grabbed during the year). So even though this may not reflect ALL my audio, it's still super interesting to me. I'm trying to remember Dec 7 ... I do know that was a bad night of sleep for me, and I turned on an audiobook while I was laying awake for a while. So I started early (midnight?) that day.
Here's a look at my books (a GoodReads reflection) ...
No comments:
Post a Comment