Another bad week. Weight up again. I admit to feeling off. Eating has been almost out of control. I was listening to the radio talking about the cross-country skiing athletes, and how during their intensive training they have to eat 8000 calories a day, and how difficult that is. That is a lot! But most people would say 3000 calories is a lot ... but it's pretty easy for me. I'm active, and often get a burn of 3000 too, but more often than not I'm overeating, and trying to out cardio such calories just doesn't work. I'm not sure why my willpower is so weak. I'm a wimp!
So ... stats were up with an increase in exercise.
Weight was up with an increase in eating.
NUMBERS: Official weight up 1.2. Average up 1.1. Average intake was 2886. Average burn 2781. No deficit, over by 3651 for the week. I didn't keep intake under 2000 any day. Burn was 3000+ three days, but no 30k days. Step average was 21355 with 55.99 logged miles. Cardio minutes 760/788 ... nothing with weights.
Life ala Life Cycle ...
EXERCISE: I hit the elliptical six days this week, and achieved my hour five of those days. Treadmill time four days. 30min each session. Zumba classes Monday-Friday, five total. I actually got back to the bike too!
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Nothing outside the norm this week. Just driving kids around, grabbing groceries and one basketball game as we finish up the winter seasons (just one league left).
... here's a look at the Day by Day.
- Monday (0226) Better beginning than last week, but still not my standard. Started with my hour of elliptical. Zumba w/Debbie was forced to squish into the small, carpeted primary room. Just one treadmill time. #5 had a game in the evening. Easy win. 27445 steps. 3053 burn. 2300 intake.
- Tuesday (0227) Didn't quite get my hour of elliptical in early, had to
finish up the final 10 minutes later in the day. Zumba w/Marian. One
treadmill time. Some duckie digging ... broke my pitchfork
:( Chicken pillows for dinner. 26950 steps. 3046 burn. 2500 intake. - Wednesday (0228) Oy, not feeling it today. Alarm went off, and I skipped my first workout and stayed in bed. So just two 20min elliptical early ... and then I didn't get the last one in! There were boys in my gym all afternoon, but I could have/should have in the evening. Still did Zumba w/MZL and one treadmill time. Some shopping steps too. Totally dragging and ready for bed early. 22133 steps. 2805 burn. 3000 intake.
- (Thursday 0301) Got in my hour of elliptical, although I had to finish the last of it at the end of the day. Zumba w/MZL. Draggy day. Needed a nap ... and I took one. Eating has been out of control ... tons of treats, then chicken/rice dinner, then Hubs made popcorn. I can't resist his popcorn! 21958 steps. 2845 burn. 3200 intake.
- Friday (0302) Pretty fab day for a Friday! Almost 30k. Still slept in a little, just one elliptical session early. Zumba w/MZL. A treadmill time and two more elliptical sessions. I even got on the bike while catching the state boy's basketball game. Not quite as stressful for me as last year, when my boy was playing in the semi-finals. Still not great on calories, but better, at least under burn. 29144 steps. 3162 burn. 2600 intake.
- Saturday (0303) Just 30min elliptical. I considered doing weights, but it didn't happen. Stayed "active" though, got my 250 steps in all 14 hours of the day. Did some cleaning and grocery shopping. No basketball games today. Prom for #3. Hubs cut his finger ... much blood. Makes me woozy. 15218 steps. 2542 burn. 3000 intake.
- Sunday (0304) No exercise. Rest day. Uber over on the eating w/family breakfast, family dinner and Girl Scout cookies delivered yesterday. Tagalongs! 6635 steps. 2016 burn. An embarrassing 3500 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Those weeks I was able to get in four or five movies, I did a little more treadmill time. Usually a second 30min session. Combine that with my hour of elliptical, and that was enough for most movies start to finish. Usually I'm motivated to finish a movie before the end of the day. I like that closure. This week ... I wasn't motivated enough, and I just finished up the next day. Filled in any extra time with my current series (Colony and Grey's Anatomy). White Out (2009) was a thriller, murder mystery. I probably wouldn't have paid to see it in theaters, but it was a decent workout film. Kept my interest and adrenaline up. In fact I was interrupted while watching as #3 couldn't get his car started in the morning and needed a jump. It was cold outside, but coming up from the gym, having worked up a burn and picturing the freezing temps from this movie ... it didn't feel that bad outside. The Nice Guys (2016) was next ... an action/comedy. Kept my entertained and interested. Hubs said he might like to watch it too. Finally Brooklyn (2015) which didn't have much action, but did tell a story and I wasn't quite sure how it was going to go. So ... I did like all three of my movies this week.
Five Featured Photos ...
Bye Bye Betta ...
Hawkins was old and hadn't been looking good.
It wasn't a surprise.
Jumping the truck Monday morning. Glad #1 was home to help!
Icicles off the church at Tuesday Zumba ...
Prom for #3
Hubs encounter with the table saw.
Relieved it wasn't worse. I got woozy as it was.
There was a lot of blood (this is the next day).









No comments:
Post a Comment