Although the official weigh-in is down (super slight, but down), the average is up, and unfortunately, I think the average is a more accurate representation of the way things went this week. Par for the course, I start strong. Kept calories under goal on Monday. Just Monday. Had a couple days of okay intake, and a few over ... as always. Activity/Exercise was good Mon-Thurs, okay Friday ... not much over the weekend.
NUMBERS: Official weight down (-.9) but average was up (+.9). Average intake was 2443. Average burn 3015. No deficit, end of the week intake/burn was over (97), not a lot, but still over. Step average was 23139 with 60.67 logged miles. Cardio minutes came in at 850/858/958/850 with 40minutes w/Weights. Only one day under 2000 intake, four days with 3000+ burn, three 30k days.
EXERCISE: I hit the elliptical every day, achieving my hour five days. Treadmill time five days, with two days twice. I even did some jogging in addition to my regular easy walk. Five Zumba classes with a little extra on my own. One time on the bike, one time w/Weights.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Two basketball games with the boys ... final game Monday with #1, and then a church ball game with #2 on Friday night. Some school stuff ... PT Conferences and "Grandparent's Lunch" with #5. I got in for a much needed nail appointment. Then there was just the usual driving around and grocery shopping.
Here's a look at the Day by Day ...
- Monday (0312) I wondered if it would be a difficult day, with yesterday's time change, but I was able to get up and at it without issue. Hour of elliptical in early. Zumba w/Debbie. Two treadmill times, with some jogging, not just walking. Some Smiths shopping after class, and a basketball game with #5 in the evening. Kept calories in check. Good day. 30769 steps. 3308 burn. 1900 intake.
- Tuesday (0313) Productive 30k day ... I hit all my exercises and was only over a bit on eating. Hour of elliptical, Zumba+, one treadmill time (jogging much of it), bike and WEIGHTS. 30925 steps. 3333 burn. 2300 intake.
- Wednesday (314) 30k day. Started with my hour of elliptical, then went to Zumba w/MZL. Had to sneak out early to grab #4 from school, as he texted he wasn't feeling well. Got in two treadmill times ... just walking, no jogging. 30350 steps. 3241 burn. 2200 intake.
- Thursday (0315) 27k day ... only one treadmill time after my morning elliptical hour and Zumba. I did get some shopping steps. Busy day, grabbing Dominos and taking to the elementary school to meet the grandparents and #5 (official Grandparent's Lunch). Then back for early out, then middle school pickup per usual. #5 had basketball practice in the evening. I made copycat Swig cookies. Hubs made popcorn. Unsurprisingly over on intake. 27528 steps. 3093 burn. 3100 intake.
- Friday (0316) Intentional late start (slept in a little), so only one elliptical session in the morning ... I really meant to get 10 more minutes in, but spaced it off later in the day. Zumba w/Debbie (MZL had to cancel due to a building conflict) and one treadmill time. #5 had practice in the evening. The boys have been watching March Madness. I went and watched #2 play in a church ball game. 20676 steps. 2733 burn. 2200 intake.
- Saturday (0317) Exercise was only 10min on the elliptical, as I finished up my show from yesterday (latest "Grey's Anatomy"). Hubs had a derby weigh-in during the morning hours, then a derby in the afternoon. I finally got in for a nail appointment and some grocery shopping steps. Made mint brownies (Happy St.Patrick's Day!). #1 smoked ribs and prepped other stuff for a friend's bachelor party. Hubs and I watched "Thor Ragnarock" while eating popcorn. 9418 steps. 2197 burn. 2800 intake.
- Sunday (0318) I did 30min on the elliptical today, three 10min sessions throughout the day. We had our family breakfast. Got in some cleaning and vacuuming. A run to Reams and the car wash. 12308 steps. 2397 burn. 2600 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Four movies this week, three quite contemporary (2016/2017) and an older one. Started off with Kong: Skull Island. I liked it. Decent workout watch. Lots of action and emotion (feeling angry toward people is as good as adrenaline at times, right?). Then The Bone Collector (1999). I've always really liked Denzel Washington. I really didn't know anything about this movie going in, didn't realize that Denzel's character was a quadriplegic. Just a coincidence, as I've been reading "Me Before You" also featuring a quadriplegic. Both wanting to end their lives. I'll be watching the movie based on the book when I finish reading. Also coincidentally, Steven Hawking passed away this past week. I did like the movie ... It kept my interest and I wasn't sure where it would go. Then a more mellow movie, Genius. I hadn't ever heard of this film, even though I recognized the four main actors in it (big names). It was actually quite a big more interesting than I would have thought, given the subject matter (Thomas Wolfe and his editor). I had seen previews for Table 19, and figured it was a slapstick comedy. Not really worth watching in theaters, but okay for a workout. It wasn't exactly as I expected, I liked it a little more than I thought I would.
Five Featured Photos ...
The boys always say Oreo doesn't lay on them (he won't leave ME alone). On the odd occasion he does, I take pictures as proof. He likes legs when it comes to the boys (he climbs right up on MY torso and face to snuggle).
Haven't had a selfie in bit ... no makeup, no filters
Grandparents Day at #5's school.
Shades of Shamrock for St.Pats Zumba.
We did some Irish jigs!
... and I've been baking ... and eating.
More St. Pat's stuff. Gone green!








No comments:
Post a Comment