Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What to Wear ... Under There

I do NOT have a thigh gap.

I have no strong feelings in the "are leggins pants" debate, but I am personally not comfortable wearing leggings anywhere other than to exercise. As I often stop at a store on the way home from Zumba, I'm usually wearing something a little less form fitting. Back to my original statement. The lack of a thigh gap. I like leggings because they cover everything up, so no skin rubs together annoyingly. With baggier workout wear ... it's an issue. 

I had one pair of "bike shorts" that I would wear under my baggy bottoms. They worked pretty well, but as I did the family laundry, and saw the compression shorts in the boy's wash loads I thought "THAT is what I want" ... something super thin, compression would be nice, beyond the short "boy shorts" underwear available (tried those, need them longer down the legs). I did a search on Amazon and found these women's compression shorts (pictured above). A pack of three for $22, so just over $7 each. A better price than most bike shorts I'd seen. 

Now many women would wear these alone, as shorts. They are not technically underwear. For me though, they are under only. There's not a ton of compression to keep the tummy in, but I've liked that little extra support. But the reason I bought them, to help prevent any chaffing there on the thighs, they work perfectly. That little "phone pocket" has come in handy when my workout pants don't have pockets. I like the slightly higher waist as well.

I live in my workout wear enough that it feels a little strange when I go back to normal, not "long" underwear under there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...