Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Jillion Jackets

Time for another edition of  "What I'm Wearing Wednesday" ...

When it's Winter ... we need to stay warm, right? It's been a mild winter here (in Utah) and jackets have been the main outerwear this year. How many hoodies does a girl need? Apparently, quite a few! Here's what's hanging in my office, easily accessible as I'm in and out of the house. I've posted before that I lack color confidence and I embrace the black ... and that is obvious again looking at my jackets! But isn't my hoodie hanger adorable? I remember looking for an over the door rack and when I saw this one, I knew it was the one for me. It makes me smile every time I look at it.

A new addition this Winter was this cute Boymom sweatshirt hoodie. As a mom to five boys, this apparel appeals to me. It's big and fluffy and comfy and cute. One of the other hoodies hanging there is made of a thinner, more athletic fabric with a quarter-zip, more appropriate for heading to Zumba. Often I don't feel like pulling something over my head at all, so I need one or two full-zip jackets too.  One huge hoodie is actually one of Hub's old ones, which I only wear in the backyard when I'm on duckie duty (as that is often a bit dirty and dusty work, I don't want to wear my nice jackets for that).


I have a couple non-hoodie jackets too. I don't use the hoods often really (only if it's raining or something). I picked up a cute jacket a year or two at Sam's Club, which is a grayish design. I wear it when I'm wearing plain black bottoms.

As I head to Zumba however, I am usually wearing some grayish capris with a similar (yet contrasting) pattern. When I found this cute jacket (pictured on the left here) on sale at Sears I picked it up. I love the runching along the front zipper. It just adds a bit of a feminine feel, and makes it a little unique compared to all the other jackets out there ... and of course I love the basic black.  And the thumb holes, I like those too. Do you?


Of course, the jackets must also work well tied around the waist during dancing at Zumba.  

I'm not alone. Here's the "hoodie hook" for my #3 son.

My munchkin though (#5) will NOT wear a hoodie. He refuses to pull anything over his head after he's done his hair (he's just 12 years old, but do NOT mess with the do!) He's also a brand snob, and won't wear anything but Nike, and they are $$. So he only has two jackets, both zip-up. One red, one black ... glancing through any family photos you'll be sure to see them again, and again, and again!

Hundreds of Hoodies.
A Jillion Jackets.
A Couple of Coats ... Just In Case.

What about you? 
Do you like having a hood? Are you okay with over-the-head or do you require a zipper closure? Thick or thin? Thumb-holes? Color? Name brands? Do you hang on hooks or in a closet? Does a jacket work for your winter or do you need something stronger to stay warm? What are you wearing?


1 comment:

  1. I’m a total hoodie girl! I actually usually opt for a hoodie under a leather coat in the cold weather and a hoodie alone for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...