Time for a TV Tuesday
In previous TV Tuesdays, I posted about some "Originals" that I really enjoyed. Amazon's "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and "The OA" and "Travelers" from Netflix. I'm pretty patient, but had my eye on when these second (third for Travelers) seasons hit streaming. Then there were some new additions I tried out too. All watched while working out ... some motivated me more than others.
- Travelers: I'd watched the first season back in 2017 when it aired (on Netflix, originally a Canadian production) and really liked it. Definitely ended up in the air, so I was anxious for season two. It didn't start streaming until a year later (Spring 2018). I remember I had to rewatch the final episode of season 1 to remind myself what had been happening. I didn't have to wait as long for the third, and final, season, which posted Dec2018. I didn't get to it immediately (as I had to finish up what I was currently watching) but it was at the top of my list. It was nice that it had complete closure to finish up the series. I was happy with it.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: I'd adored the first season of this Amazon original. It was another one that jumped right to the top of my "to watch" list as soon as it was streaming. I really enjoyed it again, and will watch more as it comes out.
- The OA: Like Travelers, this was another Supernatural Show that I watched way back in 2017. It took quite a while for this "Part II" to come about. Honestly, as much as I'd loved the original season, I wasn't at all sure where/how it would continue on. And well ... this second installment was WEIRD. I still liked it. I think. I didn't understand a lot (most) of it, but it kept my interest and got me back to the gym for another workout/episode.
- Homecoming: This one was pushed quite a bit by Amazon ... it took me a little while to get to it, as the previews didn't really capture my interest. I like Julia Roberts though, and when I didn't have anything in particular on my list, I gave this a try. Pretty slow. It was interesting. Some unique presentations (between the past and the present and the size of the screen). Overall I think I liked it, but it wasn't one I felt inclined to get in extra exercise because I couldn't wait for the next episode. I wasn't sorry when it was done.
- The Order: I'm into paranormal, so this seemed like it would be up my alley. It was a little (maybe a lot) over the top for me though. I finished the season, and might even watch more... maybe... we'll see. Definitely ended up in the air.
- BodyGuard: Not really an "original" ... and only six episodes. I always have subtitles on anyway, but they were needed here, with the strong accents. I was caught off guard at some points in this short series. I liked it. Didn't love it.
As the streaming services compete with the cable companies, they push the rating limits. I think these were all TV-MA, some with more language/sex than others. Enough that I'm never sure I can recommend them to my more straight laced family and friends ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment