Monday, January 27, 2020

Movie Monday - Many Marvel


I haven't been much of a movie gal these last few years. At least, not in theaters. I prefer to wait until they are on DVD or streaming, and watch while working out in my home gym. I'd gotten a bit behind on my Marvel movies. I like them, but I'm not an avid fan like some of the family.  I'm not sure if I saw ANY of these in the theater. I saw some down in the gym, a couple were "date" night movies with Hubs with his homemade popcorn (I remember he fell asleep twice during Dr. Strange and I finally had to finish up that one on my own).  

Personal favorites ... the Iron Man trilogy (the first one was my favorite), and the two Ant-Man movies were fun. I enjoyed the recent Spiderman and Black Panther. I didn't care for the second Guardians or Thor Ragnarok. I thought they were super silly, but my boys loved that Thor.

I didn't jump on the Disney+ bandwagon as many were anxious to do - but after a few months, my son wanted to see The Mandelorian, so I said we'd do a month so he could watch that ... and I figured I'd catch-up on all the Marvel movies I'd missed. I looked up the chart, and I'd actually seen more than I thought. I had six to see, four were the BIG ones (with all the characters).

So I started my Marvel make-up session ...
I liked them all. I hadn't been able to avoid spoilers entirely. I knew Tony didn't make it out of Endgame. I was interested enough to get back down to the gym for a few more workouts than I might have gotten in each day otherwise.  Now I'm in the know. I had a chat with #3 son (as he's the one who knows the most Marvel) about a few things (so how did that time warp work, who was the kid at Stark's funeral, "love you 3000" ...)

While I had Disney+, I figured I'd give the Marvel series Runaways a try.
It caught my interest at the start, but then turned overly silly pretty quick. I went ahead and finished the first season, but I don't think I'll be watching any more. 

I feel pretty caught up at the moment! I know there are new movies ... Spiderman Far From Home, and others (Black Widow) not even released yet. But at least I know what happened in Endgame, so I'm not completely out of the loop.   Now ... to get caught up on Star Wars, because yes, I'm behind there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...