Um ... uber up. I'd done decent during the week, getting the scale to drop down a couple pounds by Thursday. But Sat/Sun had over eating and under exercising and, yikes, the scale jumped Monday morning for the official weigh-in and weekly report.
NUMBERS: Official weight up 4.1 pounds from last week. Ouch! Average though, was down a smidgen (-.34). With average intake at 2514, and average burn at 2839, there was no deficit, but over by 509. I honestly expected it to be more, with three 3000+ intake days and of course the number on the scale. Step average was 23147 with 60.76 logged miles. Cardio minutes came in at 820/941/963/842 ... no weights this week. Just one day with intake under goal/2000, four days with burn 3000+ and three 30k days. *** disregard the FLOORs from Fitbit. It's about 100 high. Not sure what happened Wednesday, but my One went a little elevation crazy (but the ChargeHR did not).
EXERCISE: I hit the elliptical six days this week, but only achieved my hour four of those days. Five days with treadmill time ... three days with a double dose, and I did some jogging in addition to my usual easy walk. Five Zumba classes and about an hour extra on my own. No bike or weights this week.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: There was a small salon stop, and while the boys were there over an hour for haircuts, I just dropped them off and picked them back up. Out to Texas Roadhouse on Saturday. The usual grocery shopping, and a little extra driving time, as I was on chauffeur duty for #5 and friends to get to a birthday party Friday night.
Here's a look at the Day by Day ...
- Monday (319) Not quite my usual motivated Monday. Just shy of 27k. Had to push one of my elliptical sessions until later, as #4 was having a hard morning and needed a ride to school. Hour of elliptical by end of day though. Zumba w/Debbie and one time on the treadmill. Unable to keep my intake under ... Monday has been my most controlled eating day lately, but not today. 26915 steps. 3026 burn. 2600 intake.
- Tuesday (320) 30k day. Got in my hour of elliptical early, then Zumba w/Marian. Two times on the treadmill. Comcast Internet was down for a few hours during the day (so couldn't stream a show while working out, pushed my second treadmill time to later when it was back up. The bike doesn't require wifi, reading while riding, but I didn't do it. Did a little extra Zumba though). Picked up a prescription for Hubby. #4 stayed after school to make-up a test and #5 had a birthday party. 30869 steps. 3237 burn.
- Wednesday (321) Great day for eating and exercise. Hour of elliptical
early, Zumba w/MZL and two treadmill times. A little extra Zumba. An
accident with an iphone
an accident, but #5 felt responsible and paid $80 out of pocket to help with the repair. Hubs and #4 did a derby in the evening. 31906 steps. 3262 burn. 1500 intake. - Thursday (0322) Another good, 30k day. Hour of elliptical in the morning, Zumba w/MZL and some shopping steps at Sam'sClub. Two treadmill times and a little extra Zumba. #5 had basketball practice in the evening. Hubs and #3 did a derby. I made chicken and yellow rice for an early dinner, then #1 picked up some Papa Murphy's because he was craving pizza. 32734 steps. 3260 burn. 2400 intake.
- Friday (0323) RAIN ... and worms. All the boys but the youngest were off school today. Slower start, only having to get to elementary by 8:30. No gym time before hitting Zumba w/MZL. Good workout there though. Only one treadmill time for additional activity. Over on the eating. #5 had a birthday party in the evening, I drove him and three friends there and then another mom did the pickup. 20735 steps. 2778 burn. 3000 intake.
- Saturday (0324) only one 20min session on the elliptical. No basketball games today. Haircuts for the little boys, housecleaning, and out to dinner in the evening with Hubs and my folks. 10465 steps. 2179 burn. 3000 intake.
- Sunday (0325) finished up my episode of "Grey's Anatomy" (20minElliptical). Family breakfast of french toast, eggs & bacon. Hubs and I both got little naps yesterday and today. Hubs smoked some meat for dinner. Popcorn and a movie. 8404 steps. 2132 burn. 3000 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
Four movies this week ... I liked two of them, really didn't like the other two! First up was Me Before You (2016). I'd just read the book, and I thought the movie adaptation did a great job. Ironic that Emilia Clarke played Louisa Clark, and she was called "Clark" for most of the movie. While best known for her role as Daenerys Targaryenon GOT, this was a very different character! Adorably awkward with a unique fashion sense. I'll admit I got a little emotional (even though I knew exactly how it ended as I'd just read the book). Miss Sloane (2016) was good too. Featuring the lobbying process, and then the issue of gun control ... which has been a super hot topic of late. It was really interesting, although these types of programs undermine what little faith I have in politics. Then Happy Tears (2009) ... oy, I can't say anything good about it. Can't even quite comprehend why it was made or who would want to watch it. Finally, I must admit upfront I am not a Tarintino fan, and I think this just reinforced that for me. Lots of recognizable names, but just blah. Super slow to start, then just a stupid blood fest. And not to spoil it but ... everybody dies. I had to look up to see if the title had some meaning. I can see now that there are eight characters featured, yet I'd swap out one not pictured for one there. Some said it was a play on it being Taritino's eighth film, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was a teaser following up the recent "The Magnificent Seven" (which while sad, was a decent western). Anyway, it's a movie I could have gone without seeing ... and it was loooong too, I wasn't able to complete it Thursday and had to carry over to Friday as well.
Five Featured Photos ...
Kitten has been in heat this week ...
It's the only time many of us the family can even touch her.
#1 son bought a big TV and Xbox system for his room.
I wasn't sure he'd share with little brothers, but he has.
Someone set up early ... we had to Zumba around tables and chairs.
Friday rain brought out SO many worms. When I let the ducks out, they ecstatically ate all the ones they could find on the grass in the backyard. I opened the gate so they could come out front and gather worms there too, but they stuck to the back. But with worms ALL over ... well, what I won't do for my duckies! I gathered worms, probably a hundred or so. By then, the ducks were pretty full, so I sprinkled the worms over the back flowerbed and garden. Ducky protein for another day, and they are good for my garden.
#5 (in the turquoise blue) and his basketball buddies at a birthday party. I drove four of the boys out to Boondocks, then one of the other moms did the pickup (as it was late, past my bedtime!).









I like you you do averages and keep a good record with your weight. It makes the ‘up weeks’ easier to understand!!!
ReplyDelete