High weight week ... just a couple weeks ago I dropped (just barely, but still) out of the 170s. Now, solidly back in them again. Definitely off schedule. Some super stressors going on. Sleep has not been good. I excused the eating on New Year's day, with the annual pastry wreath tradition starting off the year, but then had no excuses for the overeating the next day. I just eat. A lot. Quantity and quality (lack thereof). It's the eating, although exercise wasn't much most days either.
NUMBERS: Weight up .9 for the official weigh-in, average was up more (2.7 to 175). Not undeserved or unexplained. Overage for the week (3945) with average intake 2657, average burn 2506. Step average 17553 with 43.59 logged miles. Steps across the devices were quite a bit closer this week. One 122870. Versa 118016. HipClip 122370. LifeCycle 11870. Cardio minutes came in at 610/633/710/728 (my calculations and the three Fitbits).
EXERCISE was down this week. With New Years Eve and New Years Day on Monday and Tuesday, the schedule was off. Then the return to the routine. I got my hour of elliptical in three days this week, with a half workout a fourth day. Five days with treadmill time, three days with double duty. Three Zumba classes.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Some driving around, grocery shopping, for usual weekly sections. Two basketball games. Family time for the holiday gathering. A couple pizza stops (often more just to have leftovers on hand than anything else) and starting the year with a visit to the doctor. Not for me (although that needs to happen) but for #4. Likely not his last, as we are still really struggling with anxiety and depression with him :(
Here's the Day by Day ...
- Monday (1231) New Year's Eve. Not a good night last night. I didn't have the energy for Zumba, but Kirsten texted she was sick and it was canceled anyway. I did finally go do a treadmill walk, just 3miles instead of the usual 3.5 for the hour. No New Year's celebration this year. Just to bed ... 11560 steps. 2075 burn. 2100 intake.
- Tuesday (0101) New year ... 2019. Headed over to Uncle Clay's for the traditional Pastry Wreath. He's taken over making it from Maga (she was off to see the Seattle Blackhams). Lots of other food too. We had the whole family, #1 and wife, #2 and GF, #3 didn't have work until later. Back at home, I got in a couple 15min sessions on the elliptical. Then ... geography assignment work with #4. Arrrrggghhh! 8836 steps. 2095 burn. 2700 intake.
- Wednesday (0102) And the holiday break is over. Back to the schedule. I was afraid it would be hard to wake, myself and the boys, but the morning went fine. I got my hour of elliptical early, Zumba w/MZL. A store stop, groceries at Walmart, then an hour treadmill time. Double pickup, as #5 stayed after for intramurals. #4 took a nap, and finally finished his geography assignment, pushing it until the very last minute. Haystacks for dinner. 31903 steps. 3251 burn. 3200 intake... so much for better eating this new year!
- Thursday (0103) Didn't quite get my full hour of elliptical in early, had to finish the final 10min at the end of the day. Zumba w/MZL. I'd been thinking we might get more people out with New Year's resolutions and all that, but classes have stayed small. No store stop today, straight home. Got an hour treadmill time. Grabbed #4 after school and went for a follow-up with the pediatrician, but I think we'll need to try a new doctor, more focused on just the mental. I'd arranged for #3 to pick up #5 after intramurals. Made macaroni rosa for dinner. #1 and wife stopped by for some. Bad news about his job supposed to start Monday, it fell through. 27505 steps. 3064 burn. 3100 intake.
- Friday (0104) I often sleep in on "late start" Fridays, but not this morning. Awake at 2:00, went ahead and got up at 4:00. Stressing about stuff. I did get in my elliptical early anyway. I went straight to Zumba w/MZL after dropping the boys off, and got half of the class. Didn't wear my cap today ... who dat? Stopped at Maceys and DT on the way home. Cleaners came, and yea, the garbage trucks (a day behind because of the holiday). Back to basketball practices in the evening for #5. 21134 steps. 2767 burn. 2400 intake.
- Weekend Walking ... Saturday (0105) We did a family breakfast with smoked bacon, hashbrowns and french toast. Hubs ran some errands and had #2 install some lights. I hit Smiths for some groceries. Had to cut my treadmill time a bit short (1.5miles) as it was time for the first of #5's two basketball games. His Jags team lost, but his Wolves got the win against a team they'd lost to a few times before. Unfortunately it was a 9:00 game, I was SO tired. 12170 steps. 2228 burn. 2400 intake.
- Sunday (0106) Didn't get to sleep until after midnight (SO late for me) and woke around 6:00 ... but then fell back to sleep, until 9:00. Felt good. Hubs made breakfast sandwiches for the boys, I made hashbrowns, and french toast for #2 and I. Hubs had some Sous Vide stuff for supper. He disappeared ... asleep at 7:00. I wasn't quite ready for bed. I hadn't planned on exercising, but, I went ahead and did a little treadmill time. Back to the routine tomorrow. 9762 steps. 2065 burn. 2700 intake.
*** Five Featured Photos ...
Christmas is over, but I felt a little like Rudolph with a red zit on my nose.
See the layers, the butter ...
... the finished pastry wreath. Yum!
Jackbox games with the cousins
Daddy's homemade mcMuffins ...








No comments:
Post a Comment