The theme for today's Motivation Monday Link Up is Top Tips for Weight Loss. Now I also participate regularly in two Tuesday Tips and Tricks link-ups, (with with Lisa and Kristin.). So for today's (and tomorrow's *Ü*) post, I thought I'd revisit a couple of my previous TIP posts ... just in case you missed them the first time around ~
- Top Tips: In my Top Tips for Workouts and Weight Loss post I featured a magazine article which offered up 100 or so tips. I spotlighted those I agreed with, a couple I didn't, and then offered up a few tips of my own.
- Make it Count: Track your activity with a pedometer ... it's an easy addition and can be very motivating (at least it was for me!). I love my Fitbit, but you can pick up a more inexpensive option to try too.
- Get a Fan if you Can: My Biggest Fan. I'm not talking about someone cheering you on (although that is good too) but an actual FAN that keeps the air circulating and cools you down during a workout.
- TV Time Tips: Take advantage of technology ... in my Streaming vs DVDs post, I mentioned some of the devices out there that can bring YouTube and almost all TV programming to your TV at your convenience. For me, TV Time = Exercise Time. And don't forget to check out exercise options on YouTube, DVDs and also, if you're an Amazon Prime member, there are a ton of streamable programs there too (Amazon Prime and Exercise).
- Reward Yourself and Give Back: Tying my activity to several "reward" websites has helped motivate me to move a little more (Reaping the Rewards). Currently, I'm also working with PACT, setting a goal for fitness and food tracking. I plan on doing a review of my experience with that coming up soon.
You can see that MY tips focus more on the fitness part ... Now I KNOW, it's the eating that will actually make the biggest difference in weight loss. I AM working on that. I'm counting calories using MFP and that has made a big difference (My Fitness Pal, A Good Pal to Have). Check out the other posts in the link up for more tips, and share some of your own!


Great tips!! I think you tips can be posted many times. There are always new people looking for tips!
ReplyDeleteI love my Fitbit, too, and I'm definitely walking a lot more since I got one last year in January. I like the tip of getting a fan to keep yourself cool! I'll have to remember that!
ReplyDeleteI have to get better at rewarding myself! And thanks for all your tips, I'm going to check out those links about the 100 tips to see if I can add any more to my list.
ReplyDeleteI got myself a pedometer last year but I use it only once. Now I realize how inconsistent I am. I will start to use the pedometer again to track my 10000-step-a-day goal. Love your top list!
ReplyDeleteherweightlossdiary.blogspot.com
Great tips Jen! I love the one about the fan - I thought you were going to talk about accountability artners, but an actual fan is a great tip! Thanks so much for linking up!
ReplyDeleteLove these tips! So good to look back and revisit them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!
xo
Ha! I bring my fan to the gym with me every day! People might think I am a FREAK but honestly, I AM A GENIUS and they're jealous when I am being cooled down by a breeze and their sweating BUCKETS! ha ha ah!
ReplyDelete