Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Amazon & Exercise

I've been an Amazon Prime member for a couple of years now. Admittedly, I do like the convenience of shopping online, and I've been impressed with Amazon's prices and customer service. So our Prime membership was mainly to get the free two-day shipping. 

The streaming services Amazon offered were just an extra. Our family had converted to Netflix a few years ago and we were finding plenty to keep us busy. I did eventually start looking through Amazon's offerings and watching some of the programming that they stocked that Netflix did not.  It wasn't until recently that I stumbled upon all the exercise and fitness videos available (and what is pictured above is just a small sampling, there were a lot more!) 

I'm not sure if this is a recent change  (I know I purchased Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones on DVD just a month or so ago ... something I wouldn't have done if I had realized it was available to stream for free) or if I just hadn't noticed it was one of the "prime" titles.  I do know that Netflix (and I assume Amazon) is constantly changing their streaming library as contracts come and go, with with my PlayLater service, I can actually copy any available title to my home computer to keep on hand, even if it is removed from the Prime library. 

Linking up with Kristen and Kristen 
for Tips and Tricks Tuesday.

If you already have Amazon Prime, be sure to check out the fitness titles they have available for free streaming. If you don't have Amazon Prime, they offer a 2-week free trial to try it out (you do have to cancel if you don't want to be charged, and they do auto-renew ... but I love my Amazon Prime so I don't think we'll be cancelling anytime soon).  I hope to be trying out some of these many exercise offerings and letting you know which ones I like.  Have you tried any of the titles listed above? What did you think? 


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with us! I love Amazon Prime too! I cannot imagine going without my membership at this point. Think I need to check out the streaming more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'm on my 3rd Kindle, I still haven't popped for Amazon Prime. LOL Thanks for giving me another push...maybe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Kindle, but I generally read on my iphone or ipad (with the Kindle App). With Amazon prime, you can also borrow a book from the Kindle library once a month (those can only be read on the Kindle, not the apps). I haven't been getting in quite as much reading lately though ...

      Delete
  3. I SO wish I would have known this! I love my Prime account and now I love it even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great advice. I think oldest daughter had Amazon Prime. I should tell her about this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Jillian M Yoga Meldown on dvd. It is really good. I haven't done it lately but I do enjoy it. Not sure if you can get Exhale Core Fusion on there but I would recommend them. I have almost all of those dvd's and they are great! I don't have Amazon Prime but do use Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting! I need to check this out. Do you have dish or cable or do you just use Netflix and Prime? I was considering canceling our cable a while back and didn't know about Prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so still have cable, pretty much just for the boys to watch NBA games. I personally could drop it in a second, as I have everything I need from Netflix, Amazon and PlayOn/Playlater (which lets me watch current programming like Grey's Anatomy and The Good Wife, I just have to wait until the next day). I'd love to cut the cable cord completely though, although bundling the cheapest cable with our internet is actually less expensive than internet alone ... go figure!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...