It's been a busy week! You can check out all the details in my Day to Day Doings if you'd like. There's been a lot of late night basketball. Doctor and physical therapy visits (for #2, the basketball boy). School activities too. Busy! But it's been a good exercise week as well. I hit a new high ... and my weigh-in is a new low (if you don't count December Sickness ... that is still throwing off my perspective!) Linking up with Fitness Friday and Follow Through Friday.
Numbers: Down .6 from last week. That is enough to earn a new number on my MFP ticker though! 32 pounds lost. Yea! The high was 152.5, low is today's (and yesterday's) weigh-in of 148.3. Still trying to get an entire week under 150! According to my numbers, I had a weekly deficit of 4990 calories (where's my 1+pound loss?). Average calories in 2100. Average burn 3143 (yea, I topped my 3000 goal).
Friday Five
I thought I'd participate in the Friday link-ups ... Five Things Friday (Fitting It All In), Friday Five (Eat Pray Run) and Five on Friday (Hello Happiness) with a little spotlight on the things (TV, Books) that have captured my interest and motivated me to workout this past week ... 5 tv series I'm watching and the book I'm reading (you can check out my GoodReads profile for the last 5+ books if you want a peek at what else I've read and reviewed).
I've been happy to have my favorite shows return to prime time. With my PlayLater/Roku combo, I can record the shows from their online postings, then watch them down in my gym while I workout. I've enjoyed having Grey's Anatomy, Scandal & The Good Wife back on. Which reminds me, the first two were just on last night, I best get them recorded so I can watch them! I am currently caught up on The Voice and I'm looking forward to the battle rounds. I like those performances best, the harmonies of the duets are almost always great. I wish Itunes sold the duet versions, I don't want the solo version. As for my "streaming" show, I started watching "Vikings" (History Channel, on Amazon Prime). Wow, it is bloody violent, and you just aren't sure who to cheer for or empathize with. There's not really a "good" guy ... I'm almost through the first season. I don't think I'll watch season 2 immediately (I'd have to revert to PlayLater for that) so I'm looking at my lists to see what I'll be streaming next ...
I've read a few books that were fine, but weren't really capturing my attention. I jumped online to glance through the library offerings and was happy to see "Into The Still Blue" not only at the library, but available for immediate download. I really enjoyed the first two books of this series and have been happily hitting the bike to get in at least 30minutes of reading a day (plus a little "just" reading here and there as I have the time).
How was YOUR week.
What are you reading/watching?



Keep it up on the weight loss - that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteScandal!!!!! I never think I'll be able to stay up to watch it & I'm always bright eyed at 11:00pm!!!
I wouldn't watch it if I had to stay up! That is past my bedtime... although I don't think it's actually on that late here in Utah. I just wait until the Network posts it online and then watch it at my leisure ... well, while working out. Hopefully that's not too leisurely for me!
DeleteSadly I don't watch any of those shows. I use to love Grey's Anatomy and watched it faithfully for years but alas I couldn't keep up with it cus it came on too late! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI never watch anything "live" when it's actually on. Sometimes I don't even get to it that quickly. I don't mind letting a couple episodes pile up and then having a mini marathon while I watch and workout. Live TV is on SO late ... definitely last my bedtime.
DeleteI don't watch TV unless you count Biggest Loser and Game of Thrones on my ipad when I run on the treadmill. No time so something had to go. TV. I'm currently reading the a new series but I can't remember the name. ugh! It's kind of a cross between Harry Potter and Catching Fire.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with Fitness Friday :)
I only watched Biggest Loser for the first time this past season. I watch some shows on my ipad, but we've been able to wire my home gym with a full size TV/Roku/Playlater ... so anything that is available anywhere online, I can stream to my TV, rather than the small screen. Just a bit easier to look up at the TV, then down at the screen. I actually prefer the Ipad for the stationary bike though. I'm spoiled I know.
DeleteIf you think of the title of the series stop back and let me know. I LOVE reading and enjoyed both those series ... your description sounds a little bit like "Hex Hall" (which I read and enjoyed).
Thanks for hosting Fitness Friday :)
I am actually trying to catch up on House of Cards Season I. Can't wait to get to Season 2!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe hubs and I did watch House of Cards. I liked season 1 a bit better, but that's just me I think. I really like having an entire season to watch at once, rather than having the weeks and months in-between like current programming. I have my few favorites that I keep up on, but everything else I'm just going to wait until I can watch it all at once (Netflix or DVD).
ReplyDelete