Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Flu x2 Diet :(

It's Weigh-In Wednesday. This week we're introducing the Flu x 2 wonder weight loss plan. Lose 10 pounds in a week! No exercise required ... just you TRY to get out of bed! 

Ok ... I guess I did do some ab work. All this coughing must have worked them out somewhat. And then yesterday ... turned out to be the worst day yet. The influenza flu (fever, chills, coughing, congestion) had kept me down Thurs-Sun, but I was feeling a bit better on Monday. Not back yet, but getting there.

Tuesday I got hit with nausea. There had been a touch of it for the past several days here and there, but this was much more intense. I managed to get the middle schoolers off and was about to drive the elementary kids to school when it hit hard and I threw up (what little I had in my tummy). I managed to get the kids to school in that small recovery period after, but was hit again when I got back home and a few hours later.

The stomach flu is worse than the fever flu.

It was so miserable. I'd already been eating/drinking next to nothing for days, and now I couldn't keep anything down anyway. Hubby came home from work and brought me some pebbled ice which did hit the spot. We talked about going to the doctor but again, they can't really do anything for the flu. At this point I'm figuring that they would probably suggest an IV just to get some fluids in me, but I wasn't sure it was worth the effort it would take. We called a neighbor nurse just to check options/recommendations. She gave us some anti-nausea medication. Either it eventually kicked in, or the flu ran its course (while called the "24 flu" I've noticed the actual vomiting is usually limited to 12 hours).  After one more "session" in the evening, I made it through the night.

I had stepped on the scale Tuesday morning for a 146 weigh-in (down just a bit from Monday), and just for grins and giggles I weighed myself again in the evening for a 144.1 weigh-in. Down almost 2 pounds just in those 12+ hours. I didn't think that was possible after the weight I'd already shed with sickness.

So TODAY ... I THINK I'm on the road to recovery. I felt a twinge in my tummy this morning ... could it be hunger? I don't remember exactly what that feels like. I've been able (and even have the desire) to drink today. I even took a shower and put in a load of laundry. 

I feel frail and weak. I am going to take it easy on my return to activity, especially considering Christmas is around the corner and my streaks calendar is shot anyway  *Ü*.  Baby boy complained of tummy trouble so he stayed home from school today.

I know I'm going to have some scale shock coming up. No more one pound losses every single day. I'm ok with that. I realize that I'll probably put on much of what came off during this unintentional "crash diet" of mine. I hope I can keep a little bit of it though. Having finally broken through my plateau of the 155-150s that I'd been stuck at for so long, I don't ever want to go over 150 again. 

7 comments:

  1. Yikes! That's rough! I've been sick all week too, but not that bad! Glad you're feeling better!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you don't eat much, do keep pouring down the fluids if possible. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew when Fitbit told me I was beating you in steps that you were REALLY sick! Get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing! Take care and don't rush your recuperation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I hope you are feeling better soon!
    Take your time recouping, that is a long time to be down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if your stomach isn't back to normal, or for when the kids start to get it, one word: POPSICLES. During times like that, it might be the only liquid you can get down and to keep down. Worry about nutrition a little later. Dairy comes last. (okay, spicy comes last but dairy is next to last. :: giggles ::) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your feeling much better. The flu, both kinds suck! My family had it Thanksgiving week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...