Thursday, March 13, 2014

40,000

I got this email from Fitbit last night. I was expecting it. I earned it! After a very long day, I went down to my elliptical, with my Fitbit app open and watched as I added the final few hundred steps I needed to earn this little ol' badge. Step, step, step ... 40,000 and stop. *Ü* Ahhhhh.

I have actually exceeded 40,000 before. June 3, 2010 (Pedometer Personal Best). 43,564 steps according to my Omron. I HAD my Fitbit then, in fact, as my Omron and Fitbit aren't always the same for steps ...


I SHOULD have the 45,000 badge from Fitbit. 
See this graph? 45,9110 steps!
I'm not sure when the "badge" system started up ... I think perhaps it was just in this past couple years, and awards were not post-dated, even though the data is in the system. Perhaps I should inquire. Regardless ... I've been at the 35,000 badge for quite a while and was happy to finally change that up yesterday! *Ü*



I got in 90 minutes/9.6 miles on the elliptical yesterday. Four 20minute sessions and one 10 minute one. That added up to about 11,250 steps. I went to Zumba ... 5700 steps there. I jogged a mile on the treadmill for another 1800 steps. I rode the stationary bike for 30minutes/8.1 ... only 2100 "steps" for that activity.  I'd really done enough for the day, but when I took #2 to his basketball game in the evening, there was a track above the basketball court.I could easily walk and watch ... so I did. I got in almost 11,000 steps.

I'm counting my new badge as my non-scale victory for the NSV LinkUp this week (although a little victory DID show on the scale this morning. Hopefully it sticks around for tomorrow's official weigh-in).  I really do love my Fitbit, and it does motivate me to move more. I'm constantly checking it throughout the day. My SIL received the 45,000 badge the other day ... she'd taken her Fitbit off before doing the wash (try NOT to wash your Fitbit) and left it on the dryer for the rest of laundry day. She was NOT expecting the email and did not really earn the badge (the shaking of the dryer added the steps) but it made us all laugh that day. I'm not sure when/if I'll add another 5000 steps to earn the next badge up ... I guess we'll see.

Linking up with Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  What are you thinking about?

6 comments:

  1. Woo hooo! Congrats on the 40,000 steps! That's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40,000 steps?! Holy moly, lady... that's amazing! And to think that most people struggle with even getting the minimal 10,000 in. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even reach 10,000 steps let alone 40,000 steps! Well done.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAMN! I need to start wearing my FitBit again and try to get at least 15,000 :)

    That is amazing - you are a force lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40,000?! Oh my gosh that's amazing! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats! That is awesome! Huge NSV for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...