Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2017 in the Books

2017 is in the books ... #1 finished his Mexico mission and returned home. #2 had his senior season on the basketball team and graduated from high school. #3 got his braces off and got job. The boys had a fun summer vacation in Seattle/Canada and took the waverunners to the lake several times here at home. Hubs continued smoking and developed an ice obsession. Our two kitties are a constant, but we went to the birds this year with two sets of ducks and a couple geese. A family 5k and I Zumba-ed all year long ...

A started tracking with Life Cycle at the beginning of the year. Monitoring my sleep and my activities. 

I'm a total home-body, I know most people would have huge wedges for work and/or school. While my time in the car takes the top spot away from home, I know it's tiny compared to most (I despise driving and have anxiety issues even as a passenger ... I'd love to have it less! But I did start listening to audiobooks often, and that has helped). 

I track my exercise monthly, but it's fun to see how it adds up annually! The boy's basketball sure fills up a chunk of time too ... happily, I really love watching them play. 



 ... and it wouldn't be an annual review without a look at the scale shifts, right? I started the year pretty much at my high (I've been there a few times over the years). I had some small success in the late Spring, but got off schedule in the summer. I re-committed to food/fitness as school started up and saw the scale slide, but then slipped up again a bit with the end of year holidays ...

Weight: Start (180.7) End (169.9) High (184.4)  Low (163.5)

Here's a little look at some of the stats month to month ...

I know I really should shift up the routine, shake things up to see if I could get some better results. I am a creature of habit. I'm quite comfortable with my "hour of elliptical" in the morning as I get the boys off to school. Then Zumba ... which may be more for my social/emotional health than physical/weight loss. A walk on the treadmill while I watch a movie or series, a session on the bike while I read. I know I need to make weights more of a priority.  But overall ... I do realize it's the eating more than the exercise where I could find success on the scale.

... we'll see what 2018 brings!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...