Friday, January 19, 2018

Calendar Collector

As the end of the year rolls around, I start collecting calendars. I use the Google calendar on my computer/phone, but I like having physical ones around. ALL around *Ü* ... my gym, office, kitchen, bedroom. I can usually find cute ones (I like landscapes, flowers and quotes best) at the dollar store starting around October. The trick is then remembering where I've put them once January starts up.

We always do an extended family photo calendar. One SIL started that tradition ages ago. A physical one just for the parents. Then Hubs took over and digitized it, which made making multiples for all the families as easy as ordering extras. I took it over one year (as I have a little more time than he does) and then another SIL took over the task. It's always fun to unveil it each Christmas and know it's hanging in all our homes.

Another calendar I invest a little more in ($$ and time picking it out) is my "gym" desk calendar. This tradition started three years ago I think, when #1 son gifted me with a small daily calendar. I had been recording my daily workouts in a little notebook, tearing off the pages to transfer my numbers, trying to remember to date them so I could remember which went with what day. Replacing the notebook with the desk calendar was a great move ... the date was already imprinted, and I had cute pictures/quotes for each day too. Now I make sure I buy a desk calendar every year with this purpose in mind. This year, I selected the "You Had ONE Job" one, with funny photos and oopsies to make me laugh, while providing me a daily page to record my workout numbers. I keep a hanging wall calendar there on the side wall of the gym as well.

#1 son (his first Christmas back home after his Mexico mission) again bought me a little desk calendar, which I do keep on my desk (the little kitty one). I also have a hanging monthly one there by the side. We keep a little calendar next to the main desk, one in the laundry room (garage door exit), one in the master bedroom and a couple in the kids rooms.

This year I also overbought, forgetting I'd already picked up plenty. After hanging them in every area imaginable (within reason) I still had a few leftover that I gave away to family on New Year's day. Maybe THAT will be a new tradition too ;)

For family notations, where I actually write up everything ON the calendar - we use the family one in the kitchen. It's central. It's got the family photos, and I keep the calendar even after the year ends,  as a record.  They are always fun to look back on.  At the end of each month, I get to go around and flip all the monthly wall calendars. I like seeing the new quotes or pretty pictures to inspire me for the coming days. 

Are YOU a calendar collector?

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to buy a calendar for my desk wall and it drives me crazy! Hahaha

    I have done the digitized family picture calendar a few times...maybe I should make it a tradition!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...