It's nice when the month ends as the week ends ... and actually as the YEAR ends (but the annual review will be a separate post). Someone (and yes, I mean ME) was naughty this Christmas season, at least according to the scale stats. Oy!
NUMBERS: Started the month at 166.5. Ended at 169.9. Up over three pounds. The end number was also the high for the month. The low was 165.6. Average weight for December was 167.66, which was 2.53 pounds over last month's average. Steps were down ... 20,245 for the average, 627,589 total. 217.66 logged miles. Average intake 2435. Average burn 2673. Overage for the month (6683). Cardio minutes came in at 2875/3063 with a measly 30min w/weights.
Life ala Life Cycle ...
Exercise was down this month, as I didn't hit my home gym Christmas week. I got in my hour of elliptical in 15 days. Treadmill time 16 days this month. 16 Zumba classes, with a little extra on my own. I did hit the bike once and weights once, but their little 30min sessions weren't enough to make it onto the monthly graph I guess.
Driving time was down with school out at the end of the month. Family time was UP with holiday parties and a birthday party for #5. A little more eating out ... but I did most of my shopping online rather than braving the crowds. Quite a bit of basketball this month.
*** JenB's Journal ***
1201 (Friday) Weight 166.5. Steps 19768. Total Burn 2702. Exercise Burn 780/954 (60minElliptical, Treadmill). Calories in 2900.
MZL didn't have Zumba at the WJ location. I didn't feel like I'd get
off in time to Debbie's and thought I'd just do an hour on my own. But I
didn't. I got in my hour of elliptical, although not as early as
Mon-Thurs. Being the end of the month, I wanted to get my monthly recap
up on the blog. Requires some number crunching and I make the monthly
photo collage. Also the 1sed video, although that went quickly as I'd
already done a portion of it earlier. Once that is done I like to backup
all the photos on my phone to the computer, then delete most from my
phone. I even got a family blog post up about #4's job shadow day. I
also called and chatted with my mom who was having an emotional day, not
feeling well physically or mentally. Talked/cried for over an hour.
Early out at the elementary, then middle school pickup. #5 had practice
with both teams today. 4:30-5:30 with Grizzlies and 6:00-8:00 with
Wolves. I dropped him at the church for the first practice, then ran to
Smith to pickup prescriptions and a few groceries. Didn't have time to
return home, but back to the church to grab him and straight to the next
practice. Happily he gets a ride home from that, so then I was able to
pull back home for the night.
1202 (Saturday) Weight 167.4. Steps 15210. Total Burn 2495. Exercise Burn 320/731 (30minElliptical). Calories in 2700.
No sleep in for me or #4, as he had an 8:00 game. We got to the school
about 7:45 ... and the doors weren't opened yet. At least it wasn't as
bad as the 9:00 came for #5 a while back. Then, the doors had been
opened, but we didn't have a site coordinator, scorekeeper/timekeeper
and just one ref. Then, we just started with a couple of the dads
keeping time/score until the officials showed up ... around half time.
Here, we still did get started on time. It was a pretty evenly matched
game. Our boys got the win. Fun to see #4 play again, and see him with
his great group of friends. It was a few hours until the next game with
#5. I got in some kitchen cleanup, laundry and a session on the
elliptical. Hubs went to pick up a dog run ... well, duck run. It's for
the ducks, as the pen is on its last legs. He and the big boys got it
set up and it's great. It will make things so much easier, and the ducks
have a bit more room. Hubs also bought lights for the house and was
installing them. He also brought home donuts. They weren't quite as good
as the donuts last week ... of course that didn't stop me from eating
them! #5 and I headed out to his game. Unfortunately, the Grizzlies were
outmatched today! Bingham, who is the nemesis for CHHS blew our boys
out. It was 29-7 at the half. Ouch. Can't help but wonder if the school
puts more effort into their youth program at this age. The youth league
hasn't had enough interest, therefore the league hasn't had ANY interest
at this age. Our sixth grade team has to have fifth graders to fill it.
We don't get practice time, coaching or uniforms. On one hand, I'm okay
with it, because it's a lot less expensive than to official Bantam
program. But still, it would be nice to have a little support. I think
the coaches there now don't plan on being there when these kids are high
school age so ... why invest? I was happy that the kids kept it
together emotionally (it was a little hard coming off an undefeated
season) and battled back better in the second half. Home again, and I
was thrilled to see #3 pop in. He had been scheduled 1:00 to close
today, having to miss his 5:00 game :( One of the other kids had an
issue, so he ended up going in at 11:00, which would give him an 11 hour
day! The boss was there, and let him take a 3-hour lunch from
3:30-6:30, which enabled him to go to his game after all! Yea! And with
the four games scheduled today, they were no scheduling conflicts and
they were all spaced out perfectly (time for travel and recharging the
camera). It was fun to see #3 play again too. Less intense than high
school, but still a good game and fun to watch. They won. Just a little
down time, then #5 and I were off to his Wolves game. It was across town
at Albion Middle School. Past where I used to go to my Friday Zumba.
Another loss here, although this game was close. Like the earlier loss,
the other team had a really good big guy who was just always in the
perfect spot for rebounds and easy baskets, and some great three-point
shooting. Our shots weren't really falling, so in a re-match, it would
be anyone's game (which I'm not sure could be said about the earlier one
... and there will be a rematch there). Got home around 9:30. I was
tired, and Hubs was already asleep.
Sunday (1203) Weight 167.5. Steps 13986. Total Burn 2294. Exercise Burn 600/529 (60minElliptical). Calories in 3250.
Hubs was up and off early. No rest for the wicked I guess ... he had a
meeting with one of his employees, then tried to work a little at the
office, but the sleepies hit him and he came home and went back to bed.
Without him around in the early hours, we didn't do our big breakfast.
I'd hoped that might help with the calorie count ... but I ate a
leftover donut ... or two. And they weren't even that good! Hubs and I
hadn't been on a date in a while, so we went out to lunch at Johnny
Carinos. At first we weren't even sure it was open (it was around 1:00)
but it just wasn't busy. I got chicken alfredo as I always do. They have
great mozzarella sticks ... although they are more like logs! I did get
in three 20min sessions on the elliptical throughout the day, evenly
spaced at the start, middle and end. Hubs ended up grabbing some Popeyes
for dinner, and then he and I watched some "Homeland" and he made
popcorn. We've eaten popcorn in bed many a time, but today we both
dropped some and there were kernels uncomfortably all over! ♥
Monday
(1204) Weight 169.2. Steps 31634. Total Burn 3236. Exercise Burn
1300/1481 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.75milesTreadmill). Calories
in 2000. Back to the routine. Weight was up. Not surprising, but
still discouraging. Didn't quite get in my hour, 10 minutes shy, which I
finally finished up by end of day. There was some flight from my
duckies as I let them out of the pen this morning. After getting the
kids off, I went to Zumba with Debbie.There was the dreaded "Closed for
Cleaning" sign up, but luckily the cleaning crew was willing to work
around us, letting us have the gym for our hour while they started on
the other areas. That's only the second time the cleaning crew has been
reasonable ... both times at the Daybreak building. Class was cut just a
little short though. Stats: 5258 steps. 2.33miles. 314/333burn. AvHR
111. High 113. In zone 2 of the 52 minutes. I did do a little extra
Zumba at home too. I stopped at Smiths on the way home to grab some
groceries. I was able to get some trim for the ducks. Forgot bananas
though. Probably should have restocked milk as well. I'd forgotten my
list at home, but honestly, I'm not sure I had those items on it anyway.
I got started making some chicken soup ... baking chicken, then making
the rice, then putting it all together. Chicken and wild rice. I don't
eat this one, but the older boys like it. Afternoon pickups as usual for
me. #5 had a friend come home with him again. It was a cold and snowy
day. We just had flurries here, but Hubs said they had a few inches up
North. Laundry, dishes, got my weekly weigh-in post up as well as a
basketball update and finished a muvee. Big new of the day was President
Trump's visit. That was discouraging Hubs from picking up additional
lights (the store he needed to go to was downtown) but Trump was gone by
afternoon, as was any associated traffic. So Hubs did stop and get
lights and finished putting them up.
Tuesday (1205)
Weight 166.5. Steps 33777. Total Burn 3273. Exercise Burn 1450/1542
(60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.6milesTreadmill, Bike, Weights).
Calories in 2600. Glad the scale slid back down ... although the
trick is getting it DOWN. Got a good start, full hour of elliptical in
early. When I let the duckies out, they all four flew! Not over the
fence, but I can tell they would be able to. I'd be fine with them
flying off if I knew they'd be okay, but it's iffy even in prime
weather, and this is anything but! Winter is coming. Wing clip? Zumba
w/Marian. Stats: 5963 steps. 2.56 miles. 368/347 burn. AvHR109. High153.
In zone 7 of the 60 minutes. I finished up the class as Marian had
work. I got two treadmill times in during the school day. I also did a
weight workout, and got in a session on the bike in the evening. After
seeing on of the ducks hop into the pool ... and onto the ice as it's
frozen over, I felt bad and took out buckets of hot water and then they
were able to play. It was mid 30s, but the sun was out. The usual school
pickups, loads of laundry and dishes. I'd planned on making taco salad
for dinner, but Hubs texted that he was staying late ... so I pushed it
until tomorrow. The kids just had leftover soup and such. I made coconut
goodies. Didn't do great on calorie intake today. The boys have been
watching Psyc. I'd ordered the DVD set, and also had to get a new set up
for the DVD player (the TV only has two HDMI ports and they were being
used by DirectTV and Roku). I ordered a splitter and a couple smaller
cords and that setup works. The DVD player is back in business). Another
good thing about that is that DVDs don't use data ... we went over our
1tb cap from Xfinity last month. I ordered "House" and am thinking of
getting "Monk" even though our boys haven't ever seen it (me either).
I've heard good things about the series and the set is quite
inexpensive. Placed a big order on Amazon for the House DVDs and other
stuff. I was really tired come evening. Hubs wasn't home until almost
10:00!
Wednesday (1206) Weight 166.5. Steps 32566.
Total Burn 3328. Exercise Burn 1390/1566 (60minElliptical, Zumba,
60min/3.65milesTreadmill). Calories in 2150. Got in my hour of
elliptical early, as I got the boys off to school. Zumba w/MZL. It's
been a small showing of late, with both instructors and people
attending. With just Emily and Andrea there leading, I did a few more
numbers than usual. I brought a Santa hat and put it on (over my cap)
for my Christmas number. Stats: 7004 steps. 3.09 miles. 441/424 burn.
AvHR 112. High 137. In zone 9 of the 65 minutes. After class I stopped
at Maceys. I had wanted to do some baking, and realized I was completely
out of margarine! Still had quite a bit of butter, it's that's so much
more expensive. So that was at the top of the list, with several other
things added as well. Home and unloaded. I emptied out all the old
leftovers, and then went ahead and washed several of the shelves while
it was somewhat empty. I'd cleaned out the bottom not long ago, but
hadn't done the top. Now everything is much better and somewhat
organized. Unloaded, then loaded the dishwasher. Actually didn't do any
laundry today. I'd moved the grain out for the ducks to nibble on
during the day ... but the other backyard birds were the ones that
consumed most of it I think. One of the drakes takes after his daddy and
was going after the little birds around. Had a bit of unproductive time
where I just needed to lay down for a bit. #4 texted saying he was
going to stay after school for basketball intramurals. So I didn't do
the usual middle school pickup, but went about an hour later. We stopped
and grabbed a Little Caesar's pizza and crazy bread on the way home. I
made mint brownies, and then taco salad for dinner. Hubs made it home
tonight. Dragging. #3 had practice at 8:30, but happily he can drive
himself! Did a little cleanup ... vacuuming. While baking, I'd refilled
the big flour and sugar canisters and some sugar had fallen on the
floor. While the vacuum was out, I just did the whole upstairs.
Thursday
(1207) Weight 165.6. Steps 33540. Total Burn 3329. Exercise Burn
1380/1597 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min.3.65milesTreadmill). Calories
in 2300. Started the day with my hour of elliptical. Got the boys
off, let the ducks out, put a pot roast in the crock pot, then went to
Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 6975 steps. 3.13 miles. 410/437 burn. AvHR 116. High
142. In zone 15 of the 62 minutes. Stopped at Sam'sClub on the way
home. During the school day, I got in my two treadmill times. After
school pickups. Made gingersnaps. #5 had practice 6:30-8:00 ... I got
him home just in time to take #4 to his 8:30-9:30 practice. #2 was
around and was willing to pick up, so I could head to bed. Feeling very
tired!
Friday (1208) Weight 165.6. Seps 16312. Total Burn 2369. Exercise Burn 450/629 (30minElliptical, 30min/1.6milesTreadmill). Calories in 2300.
Feeling very run down this morning. I went down to the elliptical and
stopped after five minutes. Just wasn't feeling it, which is quite
unusual. Got the boys off and attempted the elliptical again with the
same result. Five minues and stop. No Zumba today as the MZL building is
apparently being used every Friday this month, and set up is that
early. I did eventually take a walk on the treadmill, and then did a
20min and 10min elliptical session. Early out at the elementary and the
usual middle school pickup. Hubs was home rather early, he was dragging
too. #5 had his double practices. I dropped him off at 4:00, then picked
him up just after 5:30, we went straight to our ride to his next
practice. The college has been double booking, so this week they were
hitting a gym in pleasant grove. My usual ride was willing to take the
boys and drop him home afterward. Early to bed, although I couldn't fall
asleep until my baby was home (after 9:30).
Saturday (1209) Weight 165.7. Steps 11258. Total Burn 2261. Exercise Burn 220/504 (20minElliptical). Calories in 2700.
Game day ... four games today. Happily, not uber early like last week.
10:00 with #4, they got the win. #1 had stopped for donuts, and Hubs was
getting cars in for some work (auto start on his, tires on #2) so there
was a bit of car swapping going on. #1 took the littles in for much
needed haircuts. Game with #5 at 1:00. Close, but little Grizz got the
win. Then a bit of a break, with the next game not until 6:00. Mount
Jordan isn't too far, but the parking lot was completely packed. Other
things going on besides basketball. I like the court fine, but there
isn't much room, especially when the next teams arrive, and the drinking
fountains and rest rooms are on the opposite side, which creates some
traffic. No good spot for me to film from. Wolves were facing the
Sonics, who are a tough team. Sonics came out hot and I feared it was
going to be a beating, but our boys kept it close and played great. It
was down to the wire. Wolves coudln't quite get the win, but it was a
good game. #5 and I quickly took off to hit #3's 7:00 game. We arrived
with just a few minutes left in the half. This game wasn't even close
(27-7 when we got there, they stopped taking score). Definite mis-match
as can happen in this type of league. Our boys were good friends with
some on the other team though. Hopefully the other guys didn't feel too
bad. One was the son of #5's teacher, who was there watching. At home,
#1 and his girlfriend were attempting to make macaroons. #1 had also
bought a bunch of different chocolate milks and we had a big taste test.
Darigold won.
Sunday (1210) Weight 166.7. Steps 8487. Total Burn 2106. Exercise Burn 110/346 (10minElliptical). Calories in 2700.
Hubs slept in a little, not getting the brisket on the smoker as early
as he usually does. But with that there, we couldn't smoke bacon. I
fried some up and made pancakes and sausage and Hubs made eggs. #5
looked through clips and then I made a muvee of his first game from
yesterday. I also cleaned out the closet in the hall. I've been trying
to hit one spot every day or as often as I can to straighten things up
more. Unfortunately #2 and #3 had to work, so they missed the yummy
brisket dinner ... happily though, it's almost better left over. It
seemed so late early ... like 6:00. Hubs and I were in bed by 8:30.
Monday
(1211) Weight 168.2. Steps 28187. Total Burn 2983. Exercise Burn
1267/1242 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.5mileTreadmill). Calories in
2200. Unfortunately not a good night. Hubs was out quickly, but
while I'd felt exhausted, it took a little while to fall asleep. Little
things would wake me up as I started to drift (a text from #2, #3
arriving home from work). I did fall asleep, then was awakened when
Hubs, who had awakened and was browsing his ipad accidentally hit a
video with sound. I've done that once or twice myself. Totally woke me
up though, and I had a hard time getting back to sleep. Hubs too. I was
up with my alarm, he slept in just a little then was off to work. I got
my three elliptical sessions in and got the boys off to school. It was
so cold out, I wanted to keep the ducks in the pen where there is the
shelter of the dog house and the light for warmth ... not that they use
either. I gave them water but left them in until after Zumba. I spaced
out on the way, drove past the intersection I'm supposed to turn at. I
was a little late but they hadn't started yet. Quite a crowd today. I
did my Christmas number. Stats: 5091 steps. 2.21 miles. 317/293 burn.
AvHR106. High 132. In Zone 5 of the 56 minutes. I stopped at Walgreens
on the way home and grabbed some eyeliner and lipstick. I usually stop
at Smiths, and would have if my prescription had been refilled ... but
it hadn't. I called the doctor's office when I got back and explained
the situation (I was out but was on the books for an appointment in a
couple weeks) so they said they would call it in. The doctor's office
likes to hold the prescriptions to force you in for your annual. Heaven
knows I'd likely skip otherwise, even though I'm not positive the
medication really does much for me. I got in my two treadmill times. #1
was home after work ... finals week. #3 was home early too. I did the
usual after school pickups. #5 asked if he could bring friends home. I'm
okay with it if they are picked up at a reasonable time ... like 6:30.
It wasn't until 7:30 tonight. Lots of comings and goings ... #1 had his
girlfriend over, #2 had a few friends and of course #5's friend. Foggy
out tonight, and it had been this morning too, although it wasn't when I
had been out driving.
Tuesday (1212) Weight
166.8. Steps 30024. Total Burn 3039. Exercise Burn 1320/1295
(60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.56mileTreadmill). Calories in 2600.
Still foggy this morning, even a bit later when I was driving #5 to
school. I got in my elliptical early, then hit Zumba. Just Marian, me,
Cathyleen and Barbara ... and Cathyleen won't be here the next couple
weeks, and Marian will be here next week, but then not a couple weeks
after that. I told Barbara I was still happy to come dance with just
her. Stats today: 5954 steps. 2.6 miles. 365/338 burn. AvHR105. High135.
In zone 7 of the 61 minutes. I had a bit of a lazy day. Feeling tired.
Did get in my two treadmill times. Watched "Flyboys" which I enjoyed
more than anticipated. I had let the ducks out before Zumba, even though
it was still so cold. They haven't been going back to the heat lamp
anyway, always staying near the front of the pen. This morning they even
got in the water. I was surprised it wasn't frozen. Their feathers
looked a little worse for the wear from it though, with water frozen on
them. I tried to Google frozen duck wings to see if it was an issue and
if I should not let them in water when it's this cold ... but "frozen
duck wings" didn't come up with answers to that. I moved the light up to
the front and moved the bathing water out. I think I'll only give some
to them in the afternoons if it's warm enough. #2 went to the podiatrist
for his ingrown toenail. He said he watched a little too much and
almost passed out. They did the permanent fix this time. #4 really
needs it done too (#1 had it done when he was in high school, as did I).
Middle school pickup was normal, but elementary had an activity that
took them beyond normal school hours. Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs and
Returning the Favor had come to West Jordan to honor a local toy maker
and there was a parade and it was being filmed for the show. #5 and
those in the 6th grade class that wanted to (and had the necessary
paperwork signed) were taken there by bus and brought back to the school
at 4:30, so I picked him up then. Placed another Amazon order for
gifts, but still don't have much for the kids. Hubs was quite late,
almost 8:00, yet I still seemed more tired that he was. He says
sometimes when he pushes through the sleepies, then it's a little hard
to get them back. #2 and #3 went to the high school basketball game.
More fog.
Wednesday (1213) Weight 166.8. Steps
31327. Total Burn 3205. Exercise Burn 1384/1444 (60minElliptical, Zumba,
60min/3.6milesTreadmill). Calories in 1800. This morning #2 and I
were switching cars, as we are FINALLY getting his Charger in for repair
after it was hit in the school parking lot. As he's too young to
legally drive a rental, he gets my car and I get the rental. #2 had an
early final, so he was off, and I drove his Charger to drop #5 off to
school and then went straight to the body shop, which was right on the
way home. Everything went smoothly, and the rental car was there for me.
I had come ready for Zumba, and went their straight getting there a bit
earlier than I usually do. It's been a small class lately. Carma came,
and I'd put one of her numbers on the song request list, so she lead it.
Stats: 6622 steps. 2.91 miles. 370/391 burn. AvHR 108. High 128. In
Zone 3 of the 61 minutes. Afterward I hit the nail salon for a fill,
then Maceys for some groceries. So cold out, I hadn't let the ducks out
early, but waited until I returned home ... hoping they might stay by
the heat lamp, which they did seem to do. I let them out and then
unloaded the groceries. I sure missed my heated seats and steering wheel
in this rental car! I got a text from #4 at school saying he had a
horrid headache and couldn't make it through the rest of the day, so I
went to pick him up. I usually do the after school carpool, but as I had
thought he'd be staying after today for Intramural basketball, I'd
asked the other mom to do the pickup, so that was covered already at
least. Got him some ibuprofen and with some rest he was feeling better
by the evening. I only got in one treadmill time during the day, the
second quite a bit later in the evening. I pulled out a couple freezer
meals for dinner and leftovers and baked up some gingersnaps with the
leftover dough. Did a couple loads of laundry, dishes and emptied the
garbages and got them out for garbage day tomorrow. Peeking out back,
checking on the ducks and ... only three ducks! I was going to the
garage to grab the ladder so I could peek over neighbor's fences to see
if I could see him (one of the males) and there he was in our front/side
yard. I walked him back. Whew! I was really planning on these guys
taking after their heavier mom and not being fliers ... but they've been
flying. They were angels when I put them in the pen for the night,
walked right in. Last night too, but the night before they really fought
going in. I don't know what causes the difference in attitude.
Thursday
(1214) Weight 166.8. Steps 35002. Total Burn 33514. Exercise Burn
1352/1591 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.5milesTreadmill). Calories in
2300. I'd put the screen over the rental car to keep the frost off.
I think it worked pretty well. Before taking #5 to school, I did get my
hour of elliptical in. Zumba with MZL. Stats: 6434 steps. 2.88miles.
391/379 burn. AvHR 113. High 151. In zone 13 of the 60 minutes. Higgins
Body Shop called while I was in class and said the car would be done by
1:00 ... nice, as the original estimate had been Friday. I did a stop at
Sam's on the way home. Put the groceries away and let the ducks out. It
was warm enough (upper 30°s) in the afternoon that I filled a tub with
water for them to bathe. I got in my two treadmill times, then the
usual after school pickups. Still in the rental car, but #5 and I
stopped on the way home and returned it, picking up the Charger. Pulled
out the wrapping paper. The ping pong table is a good wrapping station.
Hubs had ordered a slicer and it arrived today. He sliced up the extra
brisket and made french dip. We didn't have rolls though, so I had to
run to Smiths. I needed to pick up my prescription anyway. #5's practice
got cancelled, but #4 still had his practice. I dropped off and #3
picked up.
Friday (1215) Weight 166.1. Steps 18804.
Total Burn 2499. Exercise Burn 785/738 (60minElliptical,
30min/1.75mileTreadmill). Calories in 3200. Hubs tries to keep Oreo
out of the room in the morning when he leaves, as it's hard to sleep
with the kitty. Prime example this morning, as he snuck by and proceeded
to come sit on my head and knead at me with his claws. I went ahead and
got up ... and thus got two 20min sessions in on the elliptical. I
don't always on Friday mornings. Today was Hub's work party, which
started mid-day at a 12:20 showing of the new Star Wars film. We did go
ahead and pull the kids from school. With late start, #4 ended up not
even going (as he wouldn't have even been there an hour) but #3 and #5
went for a bit. #2 drove them out because I wasn't going. The drive, the
crowd ... and I must admit, I don't really care for Star Wars. Instead,
once the boys were off, I packed up some of the leftover brisket and
took it out to my folks. Then mom and I went to lunch. We went to
Chuck-a-rama. I overate. I did have to drive the Charger as #2 took the
Durango, as he was picking up #1 on the way and they needed a little
extra room. The boys didn't stay for the dinner after the movie ... #1
had to get back ... to go to Star Wars with his work. I was in on my
computer when Hubs got home and I didn't see him, he went straight to
bed even though it was early. He'd been fighting some spinny all day. I
was tired too, but I ended up staying up. Got some invitations for #5's
b-day party designed and ordered. I'll pick them up tomorrow.
Saturday (1216) Weight 167.2. Total Burn 2396. Exercise Burn 321/632 (30minElliptical). Calories in 2300.
♥ I was able to hit the gym in the morning for one session on the
elliptical, then it was time for basketball. #4's game was first, at
10:00. They won pretty easily. He and I did a quick stop off at
Walgreens, picking up the party invitations. It was cold and snowy. #5's
Grizzly game was at 1:00. It was an easy win for them too. I prefer the
aux gym at the high school. Had some time before the next game. I
stopped at Smiths, grabbing a few groceries. They had pork loin on for
$.99 special, and 1/2 off Christmas (candy and decor) and I grabbed
quite a bit. We've done wrapping paper for neighbor gifts previous
years, and this was a good price and I wondered if I should grab a
bunch, but I was already fairly overloaded. Did a 1/2 session on the
elliptical, 30min total today. Hubs was off running a lot of errands
today. 6:00 game for #3. He barely got off work and rushed over for
pictures. I got there for the game. He had thought this game might be
more of a challenge ... it wasn't. Then #5's Wolves game. #2 came along
to watch. Previously at Midvale Middle, they only had one court. Today
they had two. While I almost always prefer one game going, I actually
preferred it this way, as last time kids were running around going crazy
in the open area. There wasn't as much seating for spectators this way
though. One of the players on the opposing team used to be on our team.
He was really good ... we miss him! It was a crazy game with tons of
three-point shots. Our boys couldn't quite keep up. Home again ...
Sunday (1217) Weight 167.3. Total Burn 2092. Exercise Burn 0/338 (no exercise). Calories in 2800. Hubs was home ... and we had our big breakfast. Waffles, bacon, sausage and eggs. Hubs had also prepped the pork I picked up yesterday and put that on the smoker after the bacon was done. Really just making leftovers, as we had the Blackham family party in the evening. I did a quick stop at Sam'sClub as I realized I'd forgotten a few things. I made some brownies ... for the party and for #1 to take to a work party tomorrow. I also made my sweet chex mix. We headed out to Maga's house, with the older two boys meeting us there with their girlfriends. The little cousins are crazy! Soups and rolls and a little "Head's Up". Uncle Clay started it with his, but I had extra decks on mine (Star Wars, Friends, Basketball, Holiday) so we switched to my phone but it soon ran the battery down. Santa and Mrs. Claus came as they do every year. I was so tired by the end of the night though!
Monday
(1218) Weight 169.8. Steps 31942. Total Burn 3251. Exercise Burn
1398/1487 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.65milesTreadmill). Calories
in 1800. I forgot to put my One on last night to track my sleep. I
woke just after 5:00 and found it and put it on. Didn't really fall back
to sleep. Hubs hit snooze a few times and I beat him out of bed. I'm on
a pretty strict schedule for my mornings to get my three 20min
elliptical sessions in. If something happens and I don't start "on time"
then I have to cut it from 20min to 10min. As I went down for my first
... I could see one of the kitties had thrown up in the hallway. I did
stop to clean it up and thought I might have to cut my first workout
short, but I went the whole way, which did put me a little late getting
the boys up and off, but it was fine. I got in my other two sessions,
completing my full hour early. Zumba with Debbie. Stats: 6515 steps. 2.9
miles. 389/382 burn. AvHR 106. High 137. In zone 6 of the 69 minutes.
This was Debbie's last class before Christmas. She usually does Fridays,
but there is a funeral in the building this Friday. It's one I would
have hit otherwise ... I think. As I'd hit Smiths on Saturday, I figured
I wouldn't stop there. We were low on apples though (#2 and #4 eat one
or more daily) and I wanted to see if Reams had the kids favorite
cookies and cream ice cream cake as #5's birthday is this week. They
did! It's been hit and miss for quite a while. Got some apples and other
things. Kitchen cleanup ... it was a bit of a mess from yesterday, but
I'd been too tired last night to get to it. #1 came home from work and I
had him help me rearrange the family room furniture and then bring in
the Christmas tree. It's not the best spot, usually we do the front
room, but this required the least amount of re-arranging and as #3 said,
"Change keeps things interesting". I don't think Hubs likes it, but I
tried to get the house clean to make the overall appearance better. It's
only ONE week at this point. Who knows if we'll get ornaments on. It's
pre-lit, so we have lights, although a few aren't working. The cats
immediately climbed and got into the tree. I pulled out a few other
Christmas decor items too. The kinetic pyramid ... Maga had one at her
house last night and it got me in the mood. I hit the treadmill once
while the boys were in school. #3 had to work, so I figured I'd have gym
time later. #5 surprised me by spending some time in the gym after
school. He's only (almost) 12. He doesn't really need dedicated "working
out" time. I did get a second treadmill time in later. Hubs brought
home "Logan Lucky" on DVD. He and the boys had seen it months ago in
theaters and #4 wanted to see it again. I watched the first bit while I
walked, and then tried to avoid the TV so as not to see the parts I
haven't seen. I'll finish it up tomorrow. Hubs sliced up some of the
meat ... the pork he'd smoked Sunday and a turkey breast I'd bought. We
have a fridge full of food ... I won't be making dinner this week. #2
was off for his men's basketball championships. They won their first
game but lost in the next round. Nice weather today ... almost "warm"
and sunny (43°) so I put some water out for the duckies to splash around
in. COLD weather coming later in the week though ...
Tuesday
(1219) Weight 168.8. Steps 31602. Total Burn 3150. Exercise Burn
1310/1405 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.5milesTreadmill). Calories in
2300. Started the day with my hour of elliptical as I got the boys
off to school. Then Zumba with Marian. 6276 steps. 2.71 miles. 390/372
burn. AvHR108. High129. In Zone 7 of the 65 miles. Marian had trouble
with the power cord on her audio box, so we had to switch to an aux
cord. It's all good, we just face a different direction (as she needs to
be near the output and the other one is on the side of the gym). We had
a lady from our neighborhood come for the first time ... usually
working, but had taken the day off and saw Marian's post on the
neighborhood FB page. Marian left early and had me finish up class.
After Zumba I went over to Lowes to grab a tarp and some wood sheets for
the duck pen. The current top is more for shade than to keep water out.
I want water kept out! I want the boards to create some wind shields if
needed, and to board things up to keep it warmer in the pen if
possible. I also grabbed a door mat and boot rack thing. I put the tarp
on when I got home. I grabbed a HUGE one, so it's doubled over. I just
used Hub's parachord to tie it on. I'm sure he'd hate my solution, but
he's so busy I didn't think he'd get to it himself before the next snow
(forecast for tomorrow). Double carpools after school as usual. #4 was
running a little late, it's nice that he has a phone to text me and let
me know. We FINALLY put the tree up! I had #1 pull it out of the shed
and set it up in the family room. We've never had it there before, but I
didn't want to move a chair and everything behind it from the front
room. We did have to move the loveseat over, but that wasn't much work.
We did a lot of wrapping in the late afternoon to put gifts under the
tree. #1 decided to gather all the boxes (we've had SO many deliveries!)
and make a fort. They made a wall and threw knives at it. It then
turned into "dodge box" until poor #5 took a box hard in the face. Then a
little "basket box" and then they barricaded #3 in the gym. Silly boys!
Who needs gifts when they have fun with the empty boxes? Hubs wasn't
home until late ... although maybe that was a good thing because the box
craziness would have driven him crazy! I'd borrowed (stolen) #4's
Fitbit Alta ... putting it in a 3rd party clip and wearing it like the
One. Because the One has been discontiued! Lots of unhappy customers
because of that. So many don't want a wrist pedometer. I felt like the
Alta is an acceptable alternative, it's what I'll get when my One
eventually dies. I did a blog post on my experiement.
Wednesday
(1220) Weight 169.7. Steps 27248. Total Burn 3021. Exercise Burn
1205/1244 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30min/1.75milesTreadmill). Calories
in 2500. Happy Birthday to my baby boy. 12 years old. Poor kid, a
birthday this close to Christmas. I had a couple presents for him, and a
box of Airheads to take to school and pass out for his birthday treat.
It was quite warm (relatively) in the morning ... 50°! Then the wind
started up, blowing in a storm. I didn't quite get in my hour early ...
finishing up the final 10min on the elliptical later in the day. Zumba
with MZL. They had announced that the Kearns class was cancelled, so I
was thinking we'd get quite a crowd as those that usually attended there
came to WJ, but it was still pretty small. Maybe a good thing, as the
gym was set up for a wedding. Luckily the tables were around the edges
leaving the center floor open, so we went ahead and had class. There
were lights up decorating the stage ... I plugged them in for us ;)
Stats: 6393 Steps. 2.88 miles. 376/403 burn. AvHR116. High137. In Zone
16 of the 59 minutes. After class I stopped at CalRanch. Bought a heated
waterer, to keep the water from freezing on cold nights. So far, having
the pail by the light a little has kept it okay, but the forecast shows
0° coming up! We haven't had to deal with that yet. I also bought a
nice bucket, to replace the ice cream buckets, and restocked mealworms
... although I had to ask, they weren't easy to find. I then stopped at
the Dollar Store and grabbed a few things. At home, I only got in one
treadmill time while the kids were in school. I had to run to the high
school for an appointment with #3 and his school counsellor. Just a
routine check for Juniors to make sure they are on track for
graduation. I did my two pickups after school. #5 passed out all 90 of
the Airhead candy bars he took. It was snowing today, although it didn't
start until later than predicted. We were trying to hit Tepanyaki for a
b-day dinner and wanted to get there early, as last year were had to
wait quite a while. Busy, even on weekdays this season. We were able to
get right in. Our chef was quite funny, made the boys laugh. Vegetables!
Yummy as always. Hubs steaks have made us less appreciative of steak
houses (we'll just eat Dad's, they are better!) but Tepanyaki is
different enought that we always love it. Over $300 for dinner! Snow was
really coming down as we left. I'd put the ducks away before we went to
eat, and used all my boards and even pulled the old tattered tarp off
the old pen to keep the snow from blowing in the front. It worked ...
but I can't see my babies! I'd picked up a cookies and cream ice cream
cake, and we pulled that out after we digested a bit ... although Dad
and #1 were already asleep by then. Maga came over with a little cookies
and cream cake, it looked like our cake had a baby. Maga also brought
balloons with money inside. I hope #5 had a good birthday.
Thursday (1221) Weight 168.9. Steps 32678. Total Burn 3260. Exercise Burn 1400/1485 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 60min/3.7milesTreadmill). Calories in 2200. Got my three 20min sessions on the elliptical in as I got the boys off to school. Early out at the elementary today, so I set a timer so I'd remember. Hit Zumba w/MZL. Wore my elf hat. Stats: 7299 steps. 3.3 miles. 427/390 burn. AvHR 108. High 141. In zone 10 of the 68 miles. They were having a Christmas party after with treats and such, but I snuck off. I usually hit Sam's Club ... but we were okay on milk. I did need some lettuce for the ducks, but I figured I'd pick it up tonight after dropping #5 at practice. So, straight home. Got both my treadmill times in and remembered early pickup. Bad eating today though ... junk food galore. Dropped #5 at his practice and hit Maceys, then waited anxiously for the 8:00 pickup so I could turn in. Not sure why I was dragging so! Hubs was home very late ... I was already in bed and almost asleep. I'd been in bed when he left too. Long day for him! Not just work though, he was putting together gift baskets for his employees.
Friday (1222) Weight 166.7. Steps 10532. Total Burn 2076. Exercise Burn 400/336 (40minElliptical). Calories in 2000.
Yea ... I'm really not sure that calorie intake is correct, but I've
not been very good at recording food promptly and it's so easy to forget
things! The kids were out of school today, so I slept in a bit. No MZL
Zumba ... Debbie's church was booked with a funeral. She said she'd do a
small class in her home studio, but I have anxiety issues with that,
parking in a residential neighborhood, small space ... and I was already
in a non-Zumba mood. I hit the elliptical a couple times, but never
made it back down to complete my hour. No treadmill time either. Hubs
just had a half day at work. I spent most of the day working on the
annual family slideshow, but had it pretty much done by the end of the
day.
Saturday (1223) Weight 167.6. Steps 4486. Total Burn 1842. Exercise Burn 0/90 (no exercise). Calories in ?? 2000.
I only recorded 1600 calories but ... I'm sure I ate more. I'm not
officially taking a break from tracking, but I'm sure not being very
good about it this holiday season. No games today ... no exercise
either. Not much activity period! I made chex mix for tomorrow's family
party and pre-cooked some chicken that I'll turn into chicken noodle
soup tomorrow. Hubs hit some stores for last minute shopping and said he
wasn't the only one, it was crazy out there. I never left the house
today or yesterday. He and #3 went to Lowes and bought a new fan (#3 had
several requests to improve his room ... a new light/fan was needed).
Hubs got it installed ... with much swearing! I finished up the
slideshow and loaded it to a flashdrive (and youtube and dropbox).
Sunday (1224) Weight 167.6. Steps 8804. Total Burn 2161. Exercise Burn 0/398 (no exercise). Calories in 2500.
Christmas Eve. I started on the breadstick dough pretty quick upon
getting up. Didn't want to be pushing it and not having enough time to
rise like on Thanksgiving. I got the dough done and on it's first rise,
then I ran to Sam'sClub. Hubs admitted that the fridge wasn't the only
new appliance ... that he'd also ordered a new dishwasher and stove, and
the range was an "induction" type which only works with speficic
(magnetic) cookware. I had tested what we had and almost everything
wouldn't work. I'd done some online window shopping and found a set I
liked and had it ready for pickup. The store was pretty empty and it was
easy-peasy. Grabbed a few other items while I was there. I had packed
up all the old cookware to take out to my folks to let my siblings look
through at the family party. The breadsticks were rising and I got the
soup done (in one of my big stock pots ... then I'd just leave the pot
as it wouldn't work for me anymore. I'll have to order a new one of
those separately as it wasn't in the set I picked up). Got everything
loaded up. We were doing a big group family photo first thing. #2 had to
work :( but agreed to come out for the photo at least. We got a cute
family (just us) too, then he had to take off. We ate, then watched the
slideshow, then played the candybar game. No nativity this year (for
shame *Ü*). The party ran from about 3:30-6:30 and while it wasn't that
late when we got home, it seemed so late! Hubs and I were wiped out! I
know we're supposed to do the whole "santa" thing, but we just went to
bed and figured we'd try to beat the kids up. Hubs got up around 3:30
for a potty break and as we were awake, we got up and put the rest of
Christmas out. One of the kids had taken all the gifts under the tree
and positioned them in the usual family "spots" so we just had to put a
few things out and fill stockings.
Monday (1225) Weight 167.7. Steps 6574. Total Burn 2041. Exercise Burn 0/284 (no exercise). Calories in 2800. Hubs
was asleep again pretty quickly, but I don't think I fell back to sleep
after our early morning santa run. With older kids though, no one was
up early ... it wasn't until a little after 8:00 that we had our family
Christmas. Had to drag #2 out of bed still. I think the boys were pretty
happy with everything. They'd been cute getting each other presents, it
had been fun to see. We headed over to Uncle Clay's house for famiy
breakfast. Maga was out of town but we still wanted to get together.
Home again for a nap ... new appliances are coming tomorrow so I had
Hubs make popcorn with our Whirly Pop pan, which won't work on the new
stove (but we're keeping it and may try out a special diffuser pan to
see if that works, or he can pull out his portable gas stove). Christmas
2017 is a wrap.
Tuesday (1226) Weight 169.3. Steps 19632. Total Burn 2651. Exercise Burn 450/876 (Zumba). Calories in 2000.
Christmas is over ... but today was a craZy day! Started with Zumba.
Marian was gone, so I was leading. Just four of us. Stats: 5997 steps.
2.59 miles. 423/397 burn. AvHR 120. High 154. In Zone 25 of the 61
minutes. Back at home, the installation of appliances should have been
taking place, but wasn't. Our fridge was misplaced. They don't know
where it is. They did come later for the stove and dishwasher. I ran to
Sam's to grab more strawberries for the chocolate fountain at the party
later today. But ... not a single strawberry at Sams :( I had to hit
Smiths, and they didn't have much to choose from either, but I did take
the three boxes they had. Also picked up a helium tank and orange
balloons from the party store. We headed over to the church around 1:00
to start setting up. We had 18 kids total. It was a little crazy. A bit
of an age difference as some of the kids on #5's Grizzlies team are
younger (5th grade), his 6th grade teammates and friends, then his 7th
grade teammates. They played ball, we had pizza, opened presents (mostly
ca$h, he got over $100) and then brought out the chocolate fountain.
Then more playing until pickup. Two of the boys didn't get picked up and
we brought them back to the house. One was just a delay that the
grandma had checked if it would be okay (or she would have taken him
right as it was ending) and the other ... was the kid who ends up
staying for hours and hours and hours ... and he didn't get picked up
for hours. Very glad to have the party done! #1 pulled down all the
ornaments and put the tree away, putting the family room back together. I
put away most of the other Christmas. I was really tired, in bed early
and closed my eyes for a bit, but Hubs beat me to sleep ... and has been
snoring some of late, which kept me up for a while longer still.
Wednesday (1227) Weight 169.5. Steps 17077. Total Burn 2608. Exercise Burn 500/857 (Zumba, Cleaning). Calories in 2300.
Had to set the alarm, as I had an 8:00 appointment at the doctor. Just
my routine annual exam. No issues. Just the checkup, prescription
refills and blood draw. I had prepped to go straight to Zumba and made
it there a little early even. Stats: 6867 steps. 3 miles. 414/456 burn.
AvHR 113. High 141. In zone 20 of the 65 minutes. As I'd hit the store
yesterday, I didn't stop today. Stayed busy cleaning up the last of
Christmas ... mainly breaking down boxes and getting everything in one
spot outside. We don't have enough room in the bins, we'll have to piece
them in for the next few weeks. Got the house vacuumed, dishes loaded,
laundry done. Didn't even try to get down to the gym and was okay with
that for this week. Worked on the computer getting bills paid and a blog
post up and the remainder of the birthday stuff away (Hubs had some
stuff in his car still). Christmas wrap away. Feeling a bit down in the
evening. Small things can set me off and drag me down. Four of the boys
(all but #2 who was working then visiting his girlfriend who just got
wisdom teeth out) went to the mall to spend their Foot Locker giftcards.
Even at $150 it wasn't enough for a couple of the shoes the kids
wanted, they ended up paying the overage. They also stopped at the
Container Store as #3 is working on reorganizing his room.
Thursday (1228) Weight 167.9. Steps 15810. Total Burn 2380. Exercise Burn 500/613 (Zumba. 30minBBwalk). Calories in 2300.
Slept in a little, getting up in time to hit Zumba w/MZL. Stats: 6796
steps. 3.07 miles. 419/435 burn. AvHR114. High 151. In Zone 18 of the 65
minutes. Still no store stop on the way home. I was not feeling 100%
today. Really cold. Lay down for a bit. #1 set up the Amazon Echo we got
for Christmas. I'm not sure how much I'll use it. #5 had a basketball
game at 4:00. Not a great game, we lost ... although #5 got quite a few
points. Also had some emotion. If we'd won, we would have played
tomorrow at 10:00 ... as we didn't, we played again at 6:00. That
actually worked a bit better. Then I could hit Zumba tomorrow and didn't
have to face rush-hour traffic driving home. With an hour to kill, I
went to Big5, which is next to the rec center in Sandy. Got a couple
things with a $10 of $30 coupon. Unfortunately we didn't play any better
the second game and got another loss. Tomorrow at 2:00 ... most likely
facing the team we played first today. That should be good though. I
know we could get the win ... then we'd likely play the second team we
played today. Not as sure if we could get the win against them. We'd
sure have to play better ... #5 and I stopped at Wendy's on the way home
and grabbed a little dinner. The ducks were still out, so I put them to
bed. Loaded the dishwasher, finished up a muvee ... and to bed.
Friday (1229) Weight 168.3. Steps 14615. Total Burn 2400. Exercise Burn 415/625 (Zumba). Calories in 2400.
Hubs slept in this morning. Went into work, but the office closed early
in the afternoon. I had been planning on hitting MZL for Zumba as we
didn't have the 10:00 game, but then Debbie texted that she was under
the weather, asking if Carma and I could sub her class. I knew Carma had
been planning on going, so we were on. I quickly put together a
playlist, but couldn't find the aux cord. Luckily I had the red/white
connector cord Marian had pulled out the last Tuesday she was here when
her power cord to her box malfuctioned. It worked. Stats: 6872 steps.
2.98 miles. 395/430 burn. AvHR 110. High 133. In zone 7 of the 65
minutes. After Zumba I stopped at Smiths ... plenty of strawberries
today, and cheaper too. Grabbed a few things and headed home to unload. I
had let the ducks out earlier. It was a nice day. I ended up putting
some water out for them to splash in. #5 had his game at 2:00. It didn't
go as hoped ... lost again, perhaps worse than the first time
(yesterday). Oh well. So just the one game today. I was okay with that
too.
Saturday (1230) Weight 169.3. Steps 10808. Total Burn 2372. Exercise Burn 0/597 (no exercise). Calories in 2400.
I really planned on hitting the treadmill today ... I haven't been in
my home gym this whole week! Just off schedule with school out and the
holidays. Hubs replaced the TV in the gym with a Roku TV (so also
replacing the Roku) and he asked me if the new technology was
intimidating me. Now, admittedly, sometimes I do struggle with change,
but I think this is one I'll be able to handle. No, not afraid, just
lazy this week. The morning turned into a bit of a cleaning frenzy as
Hubs was loading up a bunch of stuff to take to the thrift store.
Pulling the old TV from the little boy's room, putting the old gaming TV
there, as our old bedroom TV is now the gaming TV, as Hubs got a Roku
TV for the bedroom. Musical TVs. He says the price on Roku TVs are so
good, not much more than a Roku alone, and yet it eliminates the needs
for extra wires and an extra remote. All good! So after they pulled the
big TV from the little boy's room, we cleaned out behind the dresser and
got the new stuff installed. With a Roku, as this one is not a Roku TV.
The boy have had the small pool table up since #4's birthday and we
moved it into the family room on the ping pong table. Went through some
clothes and shoes, changed out hangers. Reorganized and vacuumed. #3 has
been rearranging his room and gotten ride of several things, some we
incorporated into the little boy's room, others packed away, others
given away. #1 bought a new desk (well, we bought him one I guess) so
the old desk went to DI and he spent the morning putting together the
new one. Hubs and #3 made the run to DI. They wouldn't take the tube TV,
so Hubs ended up going to the dump, where they had electronics
recycling. We also took all the boxes and such, although our bins are
already full again without it all. Nice to have it gone though. The
house is getting cleaner or more organized ... almost as though I don't
live here ;) Warm enough that I put out water for the ducks, and even
opened a window for a bit. Rub smoked ribs for dinner. #3 was working
and #2 was off to the Jazz game with friends, so they missed out.
Sunday (1231) 169.9. Steps 13362. Total Burn 2328. Exercise Burn 330/550 (Treadmill). Calories in 2700.
BAD night. Oy. I was really tired, and went to bed before Hubs, who was
still up prepping brisket and beef jerkey. Woke around 1:00 and he was
snoring up a storm. I couldn't get back to sleep. For over two hours. I
got some reading in anyway. Not good with New Year's Eve tonight! Maybe I
can get a nap during the day? Did a small breakfast of bacon, sausage
and hashbrowns. Then I hit the treadmill! Figured I'd finish up my movie
I started over a week ago. Unfortunately, Roku/Showtime didn't want to
cooperate and restarted several times which was so frustrating. I ended
up just pulling out an ipad and watching on that to finish up. I didn't
really get a good recording of what the actual stats were. Probably
about 45 minutes, 2.5+ miles. Did a little clean and prep for family
coming over. We generally host a small grandparents and game night for
New Years. This year it was my folks and Hub's mom. #1 and his
girlfriend were around. #2 was here for dinner but then left. #3 had
work until about 10:30 then joined us for games. We had brisket, taters,
corn and brazillian cheese rolls. The littles did their own thing for a
bit while us old people played progressive rummy (before #1 left) then
the little came in for RummiKub. It was fun, but we're just not up to
staying up late. We shut it down a little after 11:00. Happy New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment