Monday, January 29, 2018

Weekly Review #234


Oops up. Sometimes the weighing everyday can backfire a bit. Thursday morning, when the scale slid up unexpectedly, I developed a bit of a "why even try" attitude. Sunday was not a good "day before weigh-in" day with family meals and no real exercise. 1.4 pound jump from Sunday morning to Monday morning. 

NUMBERS: Official weight was up .5 from last week. Average was up also (.87). With daily intake at 2214, and burn at 2876, I actually logged a deficit for the week (-1733). I had four days with intake under 2000 (my goal). Three days with burn 3000+, two 30k days.  Step average was 23,634 with 61.63 logged miles. Cardio minutes came in at 835/872/883/854. No weights again.


EXERCISE: Five was the magic number this week (last week it was four). Hit my hour of elliptical five out of the seven days ... a little extra as well. Five days with treadmill time, and five Zumba classes, wit a little on my own additionally.  Still no bike or weights. Need to get back to that, especially the strength training.

OTHER ACTIVITIES: Three basketball games. One Monday night and two on Saturday. The two older boys finished up their seasons, so it's back to just one boy in basketball for the future. A salon stop for a much needed nail appointment. The usual shopping and chauffeuring. 7th grade orientation for #5. 

Here's a look at the day by day ...

  • Monday (0122) Back to the routine, back to a 30k day. Hour of elliptical in early, then Zumba. Debbie's class, but I was the instructor today and will be subbing for the next couple weeks. A store stop on the way home. Two treadmill times during the day. Baked some chicken for dinner prep, lasagna for dinner...for the guys. I don't eat it. Kept calories in check. Hubs went to Sundance for show. #5 had a late (9:00) basketball game. 30823 steps. 3196 burn. 1800 intake.
  • Tuesday (0123) Got my 30k day, even with just one time on the treadmill. Stayed active all day. For other exercise, I did my hour of elliptical and Zumba w/Marian. Some work in the duck pen ... and rescuing one when he flew over the fence. 7th grade orientation for #5. Picked up some pizza (&crazy bread) after, Chicken Parmesan Manicotti for the official dinner ... although #2 says he's going to try not to eat meat anymore. 30267 steps. #3 had friends over in the gym after school and #2 was there in the evening. Glad I got my steps in without making it back in myself. 3304 burn. 1900 intake.
  • Wednesday (0124) Didn't quite make my 30k today ... got distracted by ducks. THREE of them flew over the fence into the neighbor's yard today. Luckily their dog wasn't out and I was able to retrieve them safely, but stressed the rest of the day, that they'd fly again and get lost or hurt. Come evening, they had their wings clipped. I did get in my hour of elliptical early, Zumba w/MZL and one time on the treadmill. Made cookie press cookies with my cute new snowflake disks. Steps 27745. 3067 burn. 2500 intake.
  • Thursday (0125) Another "not quite 30k" day ... could have, should have. Started with my hour of elliptical, then Zumba w/MZL. A shopping stop at Sam'sClub. One treadmill time. No basketball practice for #5, but #4 still had his. 28001 steps. 2997 burn. 2000 intake.
  • Friday (0126) Almost 24k, not bad for a Friday. Late start and early out, but I managed two elliptical sessions.  Zumba w/MZL and one time on the treadmill for other exercise. Made cinnamon rolls and took a dozen over to #5's basketball (practice then "party"). 23790 steps. 2992 burn. 2600 intake.
  • Saturday (0127) Hubs had a derby. Just two basketball games, final ones for the older boys, although #3 went to the "Sweethearts" dance at the high school instead of his game.  I fit in an hour of elliptical throughout the day and managed to keep calories in check. Nice day out! 14839 steps. 2456 burn. 1900 intake.
  • Sunday (0128) Not a good eating day. We had our big family breakfast, and Hubs smoked brisket for dinner. I bought a big bag of PB M&Ms at Sam'sClub the other day ...NOT  good for the calorie count! Did a bit of Zumba practice. 9972 steps. 2120 burn. 2800 intake.
*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
 "Five" fits for my movies this week too. Now it wasn't entirely intentional, but it was a bit of a John Travolta week. He starred in three of the shows. The Taking Of Pelham 123 (2009) was good. Action packed and kept my interest and adrenaline up. The General's Daughter (1999) had Johnny boy talking with quite the Southern drawl and my initial thoughts were "I sure hope he doesn't have that the entire movie" ... and he didn't (he'd been undercover). It was okay. I Am Wrath (2016)  was the final (and most recent) John Travola film this week. It was okay if you didn't take it too seriously. Some really funny "gangster" moments between Johnny and Christopher Meloni. The other two movies were Before I Go To Sleep (2014) which I never heard of when it was in theaters. I watched it on the Starz channel and whoever wrote the recap there got it WRONG. It said "a women wakes up aged after a night of partying" ... what? Nothing like that. She does wake up, older than she remembers, because she was in an accident and is now an amnesiac, every day waking up only remembering up to her 20s ... not the years that have passed (having been married, the accident). It kept my interest and took a couple turns I wasn't expecting. Seven Pounds (2008) was a drama, but not a lot of action. Unique, controversial premise ... I wasn't sorry I watched it.

 Five Featured Photos ...

 #3 answered his date with chocolate covered strawberries he dipped himself.
We broke out some of the scrapbook supplies to make the poster.

 
 ... the date was Saturday night. He said it was a lot of fun!

 Snowflake spritz cookies ...
I can eat way too many of these!

Ducks on the back porch ...
Wings clipped. No more flying over fences!
                                     Howl Together ... team shirts for #5's WOLVES team!
Two games - Two wins.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...