Monday, January 8, 2018

Weekly Report #231

Well ... Fitbit updated the look of the "weight" section on the website. I'm not a fan of change (didn't like their "improvements" to the sleep section last year) but this is pretty minor. And at least the timing is good. New look for the new year. It's actually more spread out on the website. I did a little cut and paste to clean up the image to post here. I like that it includes the average weight ... that's a good number to track too (which I had been doing on my own). 

Week 1 of 2018. Monday was New Year's Day ... no exercise. Then return to the routine, for the younger boys anyway. The two college kids don't start up again until next Monday. Hubs was feeling off this week (stomach pains, fever/chills) which was a bit worrisome. It was back to basketball with several practices and three Saturday games ... #5 had his best game ever with 31 points! It was also a week with reorganizing as we got a new fridge (should have come last week with the new stove and dishwasher but it got misplaced ... how do you lose a refrigerator?) We moved the old fridge downstairs for more cold storage, and ended up moving the extra freezer from the garage to the food storage room in the basement. So ... lots of moving and rearranging going on this week. 

As for numbers ...
NUMBERS: Official weigh-in was down 3.3 pounds, which sounds great ... but weight has really been jumping around a lot lately. Big increase last week, so this is just getting back to ... not normal, but more in my "stuck" range, where I've been for a bit. The average was up a little (.76 to 169.6).  Average intake was 2350. Average daily burn was 2752. No deficit ... over 851 for the week. Step average was 20,206 with 48 logged miles. Step difference between my One and Charge2 was 21,963. Cardio minutes came in at 610/690/689/629. And for the first time in several weeks, 45 minutes w/weights. One 30k day. Four days with 3000+ burn.  Fitbit stats only show workouts on five days ... I DID get in 30min elliptical on Monday, but I guess breaking it into three 10min workouts made it so it wasn't recognized.

Life ala Life Cycle ... 

EXERCISE: I got my hour of elliptical in three days this week... did a little on three other days to add up to 5+ hours total.  Four days with treadmill time. Three Zumba classes. Still no bike, but as mentioned above, I did do one weight workout.   OTHER ACTIVITIES: Family time on New Year's Day. A stop at the salon for a fill. The usual groceries and driving around. Three basketball games ... and I added in some "duck" time. I spend time on them every day ... food & water in the morning as I let them out of the pen, and again in the evening as I put them to bed. But some days I end up spending quite a bit more time working with them or cleaning out the area, so I thought I'd record when there was a good recognizable chunk of time. 

*** What I Watched While Working Out ***
I must admit, a few of these movies didn't make it into one day ... in fact Forsaken was on I started last week, but only finished up Monday. I liked it. Pretty basic "Old West" show with bad guys trying to take land and a good guy coming and saving the day. As The American ended I just shook my head ... no story really. Absolutely annoyed me. Blood Father had a storyline at least, and a bit of  a reason for the show there at the end. Switched from dark action to comedy-ish with Eulogy. This was an older movie (2004) with a young Zooey Deschanel, with several other recognizable faces. I think I liked it ... Finally, You Can Count On Me which seemed to have pretty high reviews, but, eh ... just didn't really have enough of a story for me. So ... nothing that I'd really recommend this week. 

Five Featured Photos ...

 This pastry wreath is a yummy annual tradition in Hub's family ...

Comcast capped data this past year. I got stressed in November as our family burned through our data. I was happy to see us come in lower last month (I don't want to pay $50 a month MORE ...)

Daddy and a ducky ...



"Good Luck Grandma" brought out the best in this boy!
31 points in his game Saturday night. That's his high! He had everyone amazed!

... and yes, I have video highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...