Tuesday, May 29, 2018

TV Tuesday... Several Series this Spring


I haven't been watching as much "TV" technically ... as I made the move to movies last Fall, that has been what I've been watching while working out. But, as not all movies are exactly 120 minutes (for my hour of elliptical and hour of treadmill for my Mon-Thurs workout days) I'd often still need a series to fill in any extra time. And weekends ... that's when I caught up on my "Grey's Anatomy". It would air Thursday nights, I'd record it Friday, and then use that as incentive for a weekend workout. But beyond glancing at Grey's ...

 
There were a few season twos. I finished "Colony" season 2, and "Travelers" season 2 not long ago ... and then I moved on to "Glitch" season 2. All on Netflix. I'd watched the first seasons of all three a while back (SupernaturalShows, Is It The End of the World) and had been awaiting the second seasons.  Still a ton of unanswered questions on "Glitch" so I hope a third season is coming. I like the storyline, and I love the Australian accents and unfamiliar actors. 

As "Grey's Anatomy" was the only "live" television program I was keeping up with, I haven't been too familiar with what all else is out there. But, "The Crossing" was also airing on ABC, and some commercials for it would sneak in to my "Grey's" viewing. The premise looked interesting, and it was just starting in the Spring ... all the episodes were still available to record (using PlayOn), so I gave it a go. I really liked it, but as I was waiting for the next episode to air... nothing. I did a little looking online and found out it has been cancelled. Already. No closure. One reviewer had said right up front "It looks good, I wouldn't watch it" remarking on ABCs notoriety for pulling the plug on serial shows. I don't regret watching it, and I would have continued watching ...

So, as Grey's had it's season finale, The Crossing was cancelled, and I finished up the second season of Glitch ... what series should I start up next? Especially with summer coming, I will likely switch back to series (not sure if I'll be getting in enough gym time each day to get through a movie start to finish. Serial TV series are a little easier to stop/start and carry over to the next day. I like daily closure on movies). 

The Handmaid's Tale (season 1) had been haunting. Season 2 isn't fully available yet (new episodes airing weekly on Hulu) but I started recording (with PlayOn I can then skip the commercials) and watching. Whereas the first season followed the book, this second season is all new (Wayward Pines did that too, as did my next show ...) Another series based on a book is 13 Reasons Why, which has also been getting a lot of buzz (when it first aired about a year ago, and now again as the second season hit Netflix). My boys have watched the series (both seasons) and so I figure I should be aware of what they watch. I just read the book too. I'm only one episode in so far ... I also started Orphan Black (season 5). While I prefer to watch ONE series at a time, with as many people in the house as we have, and all the different devices, we hit our limit of two screens watching Netflix - so I need to have a backup option, ala Amazon).  I know we can upgrade the account to four screens, and we have here and there (then I switch us back to the cheaper 2-screen option until the need really pops up again). 

So ... those are the series I recently watched, and are next on my to-watch list.
What are YOU watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...