Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November 2015

November ... not as good as last month. It was birthday month (for both Hubs and me), Thanksgiving and a family wedding. Average daily intake went up, to 2427. Average daily burn dropped, to 2801. Weight started at 161.30, and ended at 164.70 ... those were the low and high for the month as well. The average weight was 162.94, which is actually down from last month, which surprised me some.

Here's a look at the day to day ...



1101 (Sunday) 161.3. Total Burn 2071. Exercise Burn 200/323 (20minElliptical). Calories in 2900. Ah, got my sleep in. Such a lazy morning. We didn't do our family Sunday Circles as we were going out to my folks for the monthly "Westra Waffles" gathering in the afternoon. I must admit, I had some Halloween candy and some of the cookie press cookies for breakfast. Hubs and I got in a nap, isn't that what Sunday's are for? Hubs did make his fabulous waffles from scratch, and I'd had him pick up a white buttercream birthday cake from Sam's Club yesterday (my mom's favorite, and it's her birthday this week, as well as several others this month, including me. That's a favorite cake of mine too). We were going to take a picture with the cake and my mom, myself and Hubs. I tilted the cake just slightly to get it in the camera frame a bit better and it slid right off the plate, upside-down onto the counter. Oopside-Down cake! It didn't turn over well at all. Poor cake! It made it memorable anyway. High calorie food day though ;(

1102 (Monday) 162.4. Total Burn 3999. Exercise Burn 1987/2243 (80minElliptical, Zumba x2, Bike). Calories in 2000. Ready to get back at it after the weekend. Up for early elliptical and getting the kids off to school. Zumba with Southziders with a few errands on the way home. Busy day at home with housework and such, squeezing in additional elliptical and time on the bike. A little Papa Murphy's for dinner (on of the earlier errands).  In the evening I hit another Zumba class. I was pretty tired today! 38K!

1103 (Tuesday) 160.8. Total Burn 3368. Exercise Burn 1460/1623 (60minElliptical, Zumba, Track). Calories in 2650. Happy to see the slide on the scale, but it was a rough morning. The weather was extremely windy and I was waiting for #4 to have a meltdown (even though he has been doing SO much better with his weather phobia). He was going ok, but then did breakdown right when it was time to leave. In addition to the weather, they had been told it would be a substitute today, which he struggles with as well. I think he would have been okay with just the weather or the sub, but both at once? Too much. I told him we could do a homeschool day (how much do they learn with a sub anyway?) and quickly pulled out some of the books and such, which postponed me getting #5 to school, and HE broke down into tears not wanting to be late (we weren't late!). Ah ... I should have brought #4 with me to Zumba, as I was worried about him (I was only one minute away) but he had done fine at home. He is a good worker. It wasn't quite the Tuesday I had planned. I didn't make it onto the bike, although I did get in several sessions on the elliptical still.  #1 wrote from Mexico yesterday, so I updated the blog and his Fitbit steps. #5 had basketball practice in the evening and I jogged the track during it. 32K day. Not great eating though ... a little big of anxious snacking going on. I don't even love Snickers that much, but they were around after Halloween.

1104 (Wednesday) 162.5. Total Burn 3283. Exercise Burn 1539/1528 (80minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 2500. A little unhappy with the scale shift back up. I know I didn't eat good yesterday, but still had a decent deficit! It just seems that if I eat over 2000 calories I gain, no mater what my activity was for the day. Unfortunately ... it didn't keep me from overeating again today. Overindulged in treats, and then spaghetti/cheesy bread for dinner. I did get in my elliptical, with a little extra. Zumba was good as usual, and I did hit the bike.

1105 (Thursday) 162.4. Total Burn 3395. Exercise Burn 1690/1641 (60minElliptical, Zumba x2, Bike). Calories in 2300. It was nice to get back to Mountain View Zumba after I had to miss last week (for the school Halloween activities). I ran some errands after (Kmart and Smiths). An open can of Pringles and a bag of Mother's Frosted Animal Cookies made calorie control hard. I went to my evening Zumba class and we actually had it (two others showed up this week). I did stop at Little Ceasars afterward for Crazy Bread ... yes, I had a couple pieces. #2 and #3 got home around the same time with McDonalds, but everything was eaten. Time for a shower! 

1106 (Friday) 161.7. Total Burn 2964. Exercise Burn 1250/1214 (50minElliptical, Zumba, Bike, 40minWEIGHTS). Calories in 3100. Slept in a little, then got in some elliptical and got the boys off to school, including late start at the middle school. I had just been planning on attempting an hour of Zumba on my own, but Nina texted and asked if I could come to her class (music struggles on her ipad and I have a bunch backed up on my phone) so I did that. Much better workout than if I had just stayed home. Got in some additional elliptical and time on the bike, and even squeezed in some weights! In the evening, Hubs and I and #3 went to Desert Star Theater (live shows, currently running a Star Wars parody), meeting my folks there. It's dinner theater, and we ordered pizza, and cheesy bread for me, which sent me soaring over allowed calories for the day.  

1107 (Saturday) 164.2. Total Burn 2405. Exercise Burn 400/641 (30minElliptical). Calories in 2900. Another early morning basketball game. Another win. Undefeated so far this season, just one final championship game next week. More basketball coming up, as #2 and #3 will play on school teams (pending tryouts, but ... they will both make it). #4 surprised me by saying he wanted to play on a team with his friends. While he's uber active and always playing basketball, soccer and football he has refused to play on an actual team for a couple years now. And #5 ... his current little team is going to move up to a more challenging super league, and then a previous coach invited us onto a 5th grade superleage team too (playing in two leagues) ... so he'll have three game a week. I'm thinking we'll have some overlapping schedules and conflicts. Hope I can work it all out! Hubs went with him mom to a funeral of an old family friend, dropped off some treats at my mom's (her birthday today) and brought some treats from Paradise Bakery home too. It was still pretty cool out, but I did rake the leaves in the backyard, completely filling up the green waste, and then got the lawn mowed. I fit in a little elliptical, the 10 minutes left from the show yesterday that I didn't get back to, and then one other 20 minute session. Hubs was off with some friends for the evening ... which sometimes leaves me get in some additional exercise; but not tonight ... I was tired and headed to bed.
 
1108 (Sunday) 163.8. Total Burn 1723. Exercise Burn 0. Calories in 2700. Totally lazy day! Slept in, then we did do our Sunday Circles. I'd picked up the first season of Homeland from the library, and Hubs and I had a bit of a marathon watching it today. Much laying in bed! And some popcorn. I also made homemade Oreos. Not a good day for food and fitness.

1109 (Monday) 164.3. Total Burn 3474. Exercise Burn 1700/1715 (90minElliptical, Zumba, Bike, 30minWEIGHTS). Calories in 1800. Back to the routine! Early elliptical, kids to school, me to Zumba, some errands on the way home. Additional elliptical, bike and even weights again! Kept calories in check better today, even with the kids requesting cocoa and toast (which is a temptation for me). Basketball tryouts started today too. #2 trying out for JV/Varsity, #3 for sophomore (although more just for the experience, we're planning on the middle school team for him). I had to pick him up when it ended at 7:00, so I didn't hit my evening Zumba the way I have the last couple Mondays. Watched an episode or two of Homeland with hubs and nighty-night.

1110 (Tuesday) 162.0. Total Burn 2791. Exercise Burn 1200/1045 (60minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 2500. Cold and dreary day ... I had ordered 65° and sunny for my birthday! Alas ... got the kids off, and hit Zumba. Got in elliptical and bike ... and a nap. I had the heat turned down in the house and the blankets on the bed were calling! The boys still had basketball tryouts after school, but were out by 6:00. We went out to Tepanyaki for my birthday dinner, and hubs had brought home a cake for afterwards at home. So ... calories were over.

1111 (Wednesday) 163.6. Total Burn 3362. Exercise Burn 1285/1607 (60minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 2200. Got in early elliptical, then off to Zumba after dropping kids off at school. I stopped at Maceys on the way home, restocking our Oreo supply and other "essentials". Then a quick stop at Sears for a pickup and checkout. Then Sam'sClup for milk, bread and eggs, the Walmart for yogurt. The stores just don't have the same items, at least not on sale. So there was quite a bit of walking around while shopping, and again at home bringing in the groceries and putting them away. Then off to the middle school to check out #3 for an orthodontist appointment. In the evening, it was parent/teacher conferences for the two little boys. Glowing reports of course!

1112 (Thursday) 162.8. Total Burn 3384. Exercise Burn 1692/1634 (60minElliptical, Zumba x2, Bike). Calories in 2000. Early elliptical, then Zumba. More elliptical and bike. Had to remind myself about early out at the elementary. #5 invited a couple friends over to play all afternoon. I was able to get my evening Zumba in, even though it was just three of us. Did a quick stop at Smiths afterward to grab a gift certificate for a bridal shower tomorrow. Hubs and #3 were gone to a derby.

1113 (Friday) 160.5. Total Burn 2755. Exercise Burn 1025/1018 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2550.  The elementary kids were out of school, so I slept in a little, then cooked up the croissants I'd laid out last night (new cocktail ones from Sam's ... not quite as fluffy as the Walmart ones). I went to Nina's$5 Zumba class after dropping #3 to school. Got in some elliptical during the day, but no bike or weights, which I should have. #2 officially made the basketball team at the high school. I had a bridal shower for my niece, so that took up most of the evening. It was good to see some extended family I hadn't in a while (my cousin has an anxiety child too, I didn't know that ... also 12-years old). I did have some ice cream and a cookie, which pushed calories high (after I hadn't had a great day anyway). Didn't get home until after 10:00.
1114 (Saturday) 161.2. Total Burn 2193. Exercise Burn 400/453 (40minElliptical). Calories in 2900. The little one had his final basketball game at 8:00 in the morning. This was the only game that really challenged our boys, and it was quite close for the second half, and we only won by one. The boys were thrilled with their undefeated season. We stopped for donuts on the way home ... donuts, popcorn (while starting season two of "Homeland" with the Hubs), and Popeyes chicken. Not great eating for the day, and only 40min on the elliptical (an episode of "The Good Wife").

1115 (Sunday) 162.9. Total Burn 2099. Exercise Burn 400/348 (40minElliptical). Calories in 2600. Ah, Sunday sleep in. Then hubs suggested breakfast, so we did that. He left to do a little work at the office. #2 had to work as well, although I did get him and his brothers to write #1 son, as is our Sunday tradition. I did get in a nap, then we went out to my MILs for dinner, soup and rolls. Back at home I made brownies, but more for lunch treats than a Sunday treat ... although I did have one. I had trouble getting to sleep that night, then got a horrid tickle in my throat that kept me coughing. I finally got up and tried to eat something (hopefully scratching the itch as it went down) ... not a good night.

1116 (Monday) 164.3. Total Burn 3217. Exercise Burn 1440/1458 (80minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 1900. Back to the routine. Up for early elliptical, then Zumba, then errands (Kmart and Maceys) then home. Got in additional elliptical and bike, but didn't get to weights. I don't know why it's so hard for me to do weights. I enjoy it, it's just getting started that is the challenge. #3 stayed after for school for basketball tryouts. The weather was quite miserable, cold and snowy blowy. I made sure I was there waiting when the elementary kids got out. I didn't see #2 all day, as he was up and off early, then went straight from school/basketball practice to work, and didn't get home until after I was asleep. Taco salad for dinner, which I don't eat ... although I did have some Fritos. We've had some cookie dough in the fridge for a while, so I used it to make a Skookie ... I was going to try and resist, but I ended up having a little.
 
1117 (Tuesday) 163.6. Total Burn 2999. Exercise Burn 1310/1244 (60minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 2100. Got in my early elliptical, and my early Zumba class. Tuesdays I have more time, but other than a little extra elliptical, I didn't really get in any additional exercise. I did however update all four blogs! I wrote up our hiking adventures for the family blog, a quick update from the missionary, wrapped up the basketball season for #5, and then did a TV Tuesday post on my Jen'sJourney. So ... that was a little more sitting than usual, and I do tend to snack when I sit. #2 came home from school during lunch anxiously awaiting his basketball shoes, and luckily the man in brown (UPS) didn't disappoint. He was so excited to get them, as they had pictures after school that day. #3 stayed after school again for his middle school basketball tryouts and the team was announced at the end (he made it, no surprise there). Hubs and I have been watching "Homeland" and got in an episode before bed.

1118 (Wednesday) 162.1. Total Burn 3434. Exercise Burn 1400/1683 (70minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 2400. I was up early, as #3 had a "morningside" at 6:15 and needed a drop off. Cooler weather, we went ahead and broke out the hot chocolate maker. I have to be careful, as I can sip a couple cupfuls easily without really thinking about it. Got in early elliptical, and made a quick batch of blueberry muffins that I took to Zumba as they were having a baby shower afterward. I really don't get into the social stuff in the MZL group much, but did feel like I should make a contribution as I am grateful for the free Zumba classes they provide. I did a little shopping after, stopping at Sears, Sams and Walmart. Shopping always does bring in some extra steps. #5 brought a buddy home from school, I just had to have the parents pick up a little early, as I had to get over to the high school at 5:30 for some paperwork for boy's basketball. It was the "meet the team" night, where they announce the players and put on some scrimmages for show. I quickly filled out the paperwork, then ran to Little Ceasers and picked up three pizzas and some crazy bread. I'd told #3 I would, as he was going straight to the high school after their practice and he hadn't been home to eat all day. I ended up picking him and a couple friends up from the middle school and running them to the high school (they had planned to walk, but it was dark and cold!). They enjoyed the pizza. I sat for about three minutes on the bleachers when I remembered I HATE sitting on those benches. I went into a corner and walked around while I watched. When my son was playing I went up to the top bleacher and stood and videotaped, and still got a little walking in. After the show, we had a parent's meeting. I was totally overwhelmed last year, as I didn't know everything expected of the parents (making dinner for the team, making lunches for the team, providing raffle items, "volunteering" in the snack bar) as well as costs. #2 has been working and earned the money to pay for their trip to Orlando coming up here quick. So... I handled the night with less anxiety than last year. But still, long night and very ready to go home. Hubs also had a long day, doing a derby after work (a lego one). He barely beat us home.
 
1119 (Thursday) 162.2. Total Burn 3108. Exercise Burn 1160/1361 (70minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2300. Happy birthday to Hubs! He was working as usual, but co-workers and friends were treating him to breakfast, lunch and song at the office. At Zumba, there were just a few of us there, and the speaker system usually provided wasn't out. Marian has her own box, so we went ahead with class. We found out later that some had received an email saying class was cancelled. I guess I'm glad we didn't get the update, because I was happy to have class! I was dragging a bit today, laid down for just a bit ... and thus didn't get in my bike. Also, needed to make a cake of course! Hubs actually had a derby again tonight. He took the youngest to "help" as #3 (his usual helper) had practice late. It was a parent meeting for the middle school team after. I did go to my evening Zumba, but no one but the instructor was there, so we didn't do it. I was feeling tired, and wanted to be home when hubby got home, so it was ok. We had a little cake. Yum!
 
1120 (Friday) 163.2. Total Burn 2761. Exercise Burn 1102/1008 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2400. Slept in a little with the middle school late start. I went straight to a Zumba class after, hitting as much as I could (it has started at 9:00) and then after I went with Debbie back to her house and we swapped steps on a few songs. Ended up well over an hour combined. Got in my hour of elliptical as well. Baked some chicken for dinner, and Hubs and I indulged in popcorn while watching our episode of Homeland. 
 
1121 (Saturday) 164.1. Total Burn 2421. Exercise Burn 300/663 (20minElliptical). Calories in 2700. Ah, Saturday sleep in. I'd laid some croissants out last night, so that was breakfast. I did get in a 20min session on the elliptical, finishing up my episode of "Grey's Anatomy" ... I didn't get back to the gym all day. I did work up a sweat though, as I cleaned and rearranged our food storage room. It took hours, and lots of lifting and running up and down the stairs. It looks much better and I now know where we stand on several items (I need to restock the tomato sauce stat!) I pulled out several cases of sodapop that was old, and let #4 get out the bb gun and shoot them up (we did have to make a quick run to the store for bbs as we couldn't find any in the house). Hubs was busy much of the day redoing some of his derby stuff. In the evening, we went to my niece's wedding reception. We took the kids, but #4 was NOT happy about having to put on Sunday clothes and leave the house. He was a grump the whole night!
 
1122 (Sunday) 162.8. Total Burn 1833. Exercise Burn 0/83 (no exercise). Calories in 2900. Another lovely lazy morning. We did our Sunday Circles. #2 was too lazy to join us for breakfast even after I pulled his blankets off the bed. Hubs made a Costco run. We got in a little nap. Then we went up to Park City to the Windy Ridge Cafe, a restaurant we had enjoyed on our vacation up there. When it came to Hub's birthday dinner, that was his choice (and I had a $25 gift certificate they had sent me after I left a good review for them on a website). It was a thoroughly pleasant day. Hubs and I had watched the final episode of the second season of Homeland, and then watched Jurassic World that night. It didn't do it for me. Now the original Jurassic Park ... that was good!
 
1123 (Monday) 164.5. Total Burn 3193. Exercise Burn 1530/1433 (80minElliptical, Zumba,Bike). Calories in 2500. Got in some early elliptical, 40min before heading out to Zumba. It was a slow start there, as one of the cords wasn't working and backup speakers needed to be located. But, we got it done. Stats were quite high, but I didn't really feel like I was giving more that morning. Hmmm. Fitbit said something about an update, I wonder if that has anything to do with things. Stopped at Kmart on the way home ... grrr, forgot to have them use my points! I never do that! Dragging a bit during the day. It's TOM time. Got in additional elliptical and bike. Didn't need to pick up middle school carpool as he stayed after for basketball practice. I left a little early to stop at the library on my way to get him, and he ended up going to the Jazz game with a friend, so I really wouldn't have had to make the trip at all. Oh well, I did need to make the library run. I'd done okay on calories during the day (controlled quantity anyway, not quality) but then had a little of the mac&cheese I made for the munchkin, and I had Hubby make popcorn for our evening episode of Homeland (started season three ... that was my library pickup).
 
1124 (Tuesday) 164.5. Total Burn 3229. Exercise Burn 1435/1482 (80minElliptical, Zumba, Bike). Calories in 2000. Got in some early elliptical as I got the boys off to school. Hit Zumba, my eyelid was twitching all throughout class and it was so distracting! Got in some additional elliptical and bike. Last day of school for the boys, although it wasn't early out at the elementary, and #3 had stayed after for his basketball practice. I'd had an invite to a U-Jam class in Daybreak, but I was dragging so much ...
1125 (Wednesday) 162.5. Total Burn 2844. Exercise Burn 675/1101 (20minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2000. Alas, I'm writing this in retrospect because I turned off the computer last night and ... it didn't turn back on again. Arrgg! Luckily, we do have multiple computers in the house, I can use my iphone for social media and to check my mail. This close to Thanksgiving we won't be able to get it in, so I'm going to be without it for a while. The kids were out of school, which makes things harder (getting out of bed, exercise). I did make it to Zumba, although only 20min on the elliptical. #5 had a basketball practice with his 5th grade team at the local community college. It's a little out of my comfort zone driving, but I did okay. There was room to walk while I waited. There was actually a track above the court, and a complete gym (this is where Hubs and I play r-ball) but I hadn't prepped for that at all, so I just walked the hallways while I read my book.

1126 (Thursday) 161.8. Total Burn 1951. Exercise Burn 150/197 (30minTreadmill). Calories in 2400. Thanksgiving. Usually this is one of my favorite holidays, but not this year. BIL wanted to try hitting the buffet at Grand America instead of having it at home. Hubs and I had tried the regular Sunday Buffet a while back and hadn't been impressed. I did not want to do it, but I guess that was the family choice this year. I should have just stayed home. Between the drive there (I don't do downtown), the crowds, the cost (over $80 a person) ... I just had a mini-anxiety attack. Then the whole self-loathing kicks in. #4 had trouble too and was in tears. We both managed to man-up, but it was pretty miserable. Looooong lines, and I didn't even care for the food, which was cold by the time we made it through the line and back to our table. My stomach was in knots and I couldn't really eat anyway. I was just glad when it was over.  

1127 (Friday) 163.2. Total Burn 2236. Exercise Burn 410/483 (40minElliptical). Calories in 2500. I was a little surprised the weight was up, but I guess I did eat some stuff once we were back home yesterday.  I should have hit Zumba, in fact I was specifically asked asked to come. I had two classes to choose from and had even thought I might do double ... but was still feeling miserable from yesterday, insomuch that I was actually feeling sick. Managed a bit on the elliptical.  

1128 (Saturday) 163.3. Total Burn 2198. Exercise Burn 310/435 (30minElliptical). Calories in 2600. Looooong night. I woke up to #5 crying around 1:00, and he was sick and throwing up. Apparently it wasn't the first time, but his older brothers had taken care of him ... got him a bucket and a towel, a glass of water and sprite, even pulling out crackers and chicken soup. Poor kid kept throwing up about every 30 minutes after that. He nor I got any sleep. Zumba Underground was offering their Saturday class for free, but ... not happening after that night! Did manage 30min on the elliptical throughout the day. #5 finally stopped barfing, but was still down all day. We put the Christmas Tree up, and Hubs took #4 to BIL's house for his annual "Leg Lamp Lighting" and donut party.

1129 (Sunday) 165.1. Total Burn 1989. Exercise Burn 0/228 (no exercise). Calories in 2300. Hmmm, I can't remember what happened today .... probably nothing. I miss my computer.
1130 (Monday) 164.7. Total Burn 3340. Exercise Burn 1600/1579 (80minElliptical, Zumba, Bike, WEIGHTS). Calories in 2200. Back to routine and a good day. Zumba in the morning, additional elliptical, bike time and even weights. Calories were a bit high, but felt good to be active again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...