Wednesday, December 28, 2022

2022 ~ #JenBsBooks

 

Another year of reading in the books ... literally ;)  Similar stats to last year, with most numbers bumped up just a little. This graphic is a GoodReads recap... I record, rate and review all my reads there.  Here's a look (with tiny covers) of my year of books organized by rating.  27 5* reads, which is the most I've ever had in a single year. A cousin had posted some favorite reads right when I'd finished up all my holds at the library, so I put his top10 on hold. I had to wait weeks for some of them to come in, but several 5* were from that recommendation.


I've shifted even more to audiobooks ... I didn't keep track of how many I actually read myself, but it wasn't many. I just have more ear time (being able to multi-task while working, driving even while watching #5's basketball games) than eye time ... and my eyes continue to deteriorate. I finally got glasses this year.

Here's my Audible stats ...

Audible is only one of the platforms I listen to audiobooks on. I use my local library/Libby more than Audible, plus other apps like Chirp, Kobo, Hoopla. I added a second library this year too. Love the library! I noted in my monthly collage that all my May books were from the library, I try to note on a GoodReads shelf which are library loans,  AudiblePlus/KindleUnlimited (started a six month gift subscription in November), or ones I've purchased. Ironically ... the recommendation "It Ends With Us" was one of my first reads in January 2023 (before this Audible report came out). 

You can glance at previous annual reading recaps ... 

At the end of each month, I'd create a collage of the covers of the books I'd read. You can check out the monthly collages on the family blog (JenBsBooks2022). I LOVE Goodreads, but have heard about another book tracking site called StoryGraph. I was able to import my Goodreads history and get some additional data and graphs. 




These are my imported tags from GoodReads ... going forward on Storygraph, I'll be streamlining my tags to (1) if it was audio or read with my eyes (2) stand alone or series and (3) where I accessed it ... from the library, a purchase, KU, Audible Plus, and if I have the book in my KindleCloud. I'll continue to use ALL my tags in GoodReads.


Below you'll find the annual GoodReads reflection ...
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...