Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2015 Book Report

As 2015 as come to a close, I thought I'd reflect on my reading from this past year. I did several blog entries throughout these past twelve months (JenB'sBooks) so this is more of a general look. Although my boys are doing a bit better with their books, reading is still a chore, and writing a report is even worse. Here I am, reading and writing reviews of my own free will! I love Good Reads for keeping track of what I've read, what I want to read, and even other details, like where I got the book (shown in the graph above ... you can see I really use my local library's digital services as my "library-eborrow" presents the biggest portion of of the book I read this past year).
 

Here's my stat capture from Good Reads. I did find some memorable stories that warranted a 5-star rating from me. I look back quite fondly on several of my four-star rated reads too. It was a good reading year. I didn't quite get as many book as a couple years ago, in 2013 ... although I did input "The Fallen" series trilogy as one book (as I read them back to back and reviewed them as a whole). So, as indicated in the image up top, that was a 1,320 page "book" counted as one. My PAGES this year did exceed 2013. 

I read a good portion of these books while on the bike. I did a lot of reading/riding this year. I also often read while walking/waiting for my boy's basketball ... during practice or between games. I can often get a lot of steps, and a lot of chapters, in while I walk the hallways. 

On Good Reads and other places, you often see "reading challenges" and encouragement to read more. I feel a bit guilty for how much time I spend reading already. Sometimes I feel like I perhaps need have my reading "goal" limited to a certain number of books. I am really glad I can combine some of my reading time with exercise time ... then I don't feel as bad about it.

How many books did you read in 2015?


2 comments:

  1. I am so going to have to check out some of the books on your list...I need some inspiration for my upcoming reading lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to read and comment! At least I know someone is reading ;) While I've been good a reading books, I haven't been very good at getting out to other blogs lately, much less taking the time to comment like you do. It is appreciated! I often hesitate to recommend books as everyone has such different tastes, but let me know if you read any of these and enjoy them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...