Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thrifty Thursday - 2016 Reward Reviews

In the past, I've written several different Thrifty Thursday posts featuring different reward programs. My Achievemint Update Update has overtaken my Fitbit post for my most frequented blog. I think this has to do with the changes introduced to the program last year. People are hearing about Achievemint, Googling it,  and finding my reviews ...


I still love Achievemint. It's just an easy, no-brainer one. Sign up, link your device, and forget about it. Check it once in a while (I've signed up for weekly emails) and then redeem your reward.  I have mentioned ... my family has abandoned their Fitbits. As my husband got an Apple Watch instead, he was still wearing his Fitbit (a clip-on Zip) for me. I told him he didn't need to bother and he did stop, although he asked "don't you earn points for it or something though?"  Yes, yes we did. And not that he's been getting a lot of steps in, but it adds up after a while. Unfortunately, the Apple Watch is not one of Acheivemint's connected apps. But, I happened to log onto Hubs account ... and he had enough points to redeem $10! And boy were they quick! Unlike in the past when we had to wait weeks, this time turnaround was in a flash!

I'm still earning points for Achievemint ...
 
As 2016 ended, I decided to cash out my Pact earnings. 

 I'd earned just over $113 in 2015. I'd been a bit wimpy in 2016, only committing to four days (both fitness and food tracking) a week. In those two final weeks of December, I even took a break from that (and tried taking a break from my calorie counting on My Fitness Pal). As 2017 began, I restarted my Pact ...



I still really miss FitStudio (Kmart/Sears ShopYourWay points). Since FitStudio closed up shop, and my local Kmart closed too, I really haven't paid much attention to the program. I still get some emails (I haven't opted out) but I admit I rarely read them. Perhaps I should have. I was glancing at one this past weekend ...

 $13 at Sears, $7 at Kmart ... there isn't a Kmart nearby anymore, but we do still have a SearsGrand close, and I can often shop online and have an item delivered to that store and not incur any shipping costs. That would have been some almost free stuff! I had glanced at the email and for some reason Jan10 stuck in my mind as the expiration. I logged on Monday morning (the 9th) ... and I was too late. Even without FitStudio, sometimes there are still deals/coupons coming through that are worth investigating.

That's all for now! 
Check back for more Thrifty Thursday posts in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...