Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Stranger Things

Have you seen Stranger Things? It's one of the new Netflix originals that has received quite a bit of buzz. I'd heard good things about it, and had it on my "to watch" list ... but that list IS a mile long. A co-worker recommended it to Hubs, so under his initiation, we started watching. 

I was hooked (Hubs liked it too, even though it was a bit more up my alley). 

Set in the 80s, it also had similarities to several 80s films. ET, Goonies, Stand by Me. At one point I even whispered "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" to Hubs (he laughed). Ah.. that 80s hair and dress, sometimes it's a little hard for me to handle now!

Other than Winona Ryder and Matthew Modine, I hadn't seen any of the actors in anything else. 

Watching with Hubs, this was our "episode an evening" as we wound down before bed. I would have been a great one for me to watch while working out, lots of action and excitement, and was anxious for the next episode (I even considered "tv cheating" on Hubs and watching ahead down in my gym... but I resisted).  With only eight episodes, we watched it in a week (it included one "binge night" where we got through three episodes). I was sad to see it end, although I'm not sure what a second season would be like.

It was really nice to have a show that Hubs and I both enjoyed. Our tastes are a little different. I know he's looking forward to the next season of "Narcos". That one was not my taste. He also loved "Making a Murderer" (along with much of America) but I couldn't even watch it ... too depressing! I think I have a harder time when they are "real" (documentary/based on fact) than complete fiction, where I can feel a little more disconnected (I have NO problem with The Walking Dead ... we had watched that one together until the last season when I did go ahead and watch it downstairs. Hubs and I just weren't getting around to watching an episode and I wanted to watch before I heard spoilers. Hubs has never caught up). 

I wonder what we'll watch together next ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...