Monday, April 17, 2017

Weekly Review #193 (Spring Break)

This past week was Spring Break. I wasn't expecting much, because my routine would be disrupted. With the kids out of school, I wouldn't have to get up early. I'd be off carpool duty, but figured I'd be running kids around as much or more. While we did go bowling one day,  the kids were quite content just to hang around home (and that was fine with me too!) or play basketball with buddies. 

So surprisingly, I was still able to fit in my exercise. In fact, I hit Zumba Mon-Fri ... which used to be the norm but hasn't been for quite a while. I kept calories in check too, for the most part (had an uber over day on Wednesday when I made a bunch of bread stuffs). So ... a loss this week. While at first glace it's quite impressive (4.1 pounds) with my everyday weigh-ins, I'm well aware of how often and easy fluctuations happen. That's why beyond just the change in that one number week to week, I also track highs, lows and weekly average. 



NUMBERS: While official weight was down 4.1 pounds, average was only down a little (-.69 to 179.97). I had a deficit for the week of -3543. Average intake 2050, average burn 2865. Total steps were 152,846. Average daily steps 21835. Exercise miles 92.33. Cardio minutes 955/886/964 and 60min spent on strength training. I didn't get any 30k days, but had three 3000+ burn days (and a couple others that were really close!)


ACTIVITIES: I got in my hour of elliptical six days this week. Hit five Zumba classes. Five times on the treadmill and four times on the bike. Two weight workouts. The two little boys and I also went bowling (not that it's very active, but ...) and I mowed the lawn.

Here's the Day by Day ...
  • Monday (0410): First day of Spring break. Was able to still hit Zumba w/Debbie, get in my hour of elliptical, bike, treadmill and weights. A little car rearranging as #2 worked and #3 took off with friends. 23786 steps. 2965 burn. 1850 intake.
  • Tuesday (0411): Zumba with Marian, hour of elliptical and some time on the treadmill. Took the two littles bowling. 26054 steps. 3044 burn. 1950 intake.
  • Wednesday (0412): Back to MZL for Zumba. Got in my hour of elliptical and a session on the bike. Made breadsticks to go with the spaghetti dinner, and also made cinnamon rolls with the extra dough. Over on calories today with all that yummy bread. 22451 steps. 3010 burn. 2800 intake. 
  • Thursday (0413): Hour of elliptical, Zumba with MountainView, bike, treadmill and weights. Hubs brought home duck eggs for the incubator and I finally blogged our duck experience from last year. 28258 steps. 3293 burn. 1900 intake.
  • Friday (0414): Hour of elliptical, Zumba (CindySub), bike and treadmill. #2 left for a basketball tournament over the weekend. #5 had practice.  Extended family came into town. 25705 steps. 2990 burn. 1700 intake.
  • Saturday (0415): Had family over for breakfast, and went over to inlaws for the evening. #5 had a basketball game mid-day, and I managed to fit in some treadmill time, and mowed the front lawn. 13138 steps. 2270 burn. 2000 intake.
  • Sunday (0416): Hoppy Easter! It was quite low-key this year. I still fit in three 20min sessions on the elliptical during the day. Family over in the evening for dinner (smoked brisket). 13454 steps. 2481 burn. 2150 intake.
Five Featured Photos ...

 Bowling with my little boys.

 #2 had senior pictures taken. Cute kid!

Saturday was waffles for breakfast, then Liege waffles for dessert in the evening.
A post shared by JenB (@jenblackham) on

Here's #1 son ... I guess it was plate licking good! Silly boy!

 #2 and team takes the tournament. 1st place!

Hoppy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...