Monday, January 4, 2016

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Well, it's 2016! A new year. 2015 wasn't the best for me. I wasn't super satisfied with my weight when I started (around 155) and ended up the year 10 pounds over that. I'd actually been even higher in late Fall, which is weird, as Sep/Oct are usually good months for me (with the kids back in school, the return to routine). It's when I had my low in 2014. 

Here's a quick glance at the weight graph for 2015 ...


... and how 2015 compared to the last several years (starting in 2013)


I didn't do an official "annual" review post here (well, I guess THIS is it), but I did stick all my picture collages from each month on my family blog for an annual post there. It's fun to look back at the year. Now, this did require me to get all my monthly updates up to date (hanging head, I just barely did October and November.)  At least my  December  post was prompt.

Pictured up top is my cute little desk calendar for 2016. For me, it's a fitness calendar. I keep it in my gym. Each day I tear off that "day" and check out the inspirational quote, and then write my workout stats on the back, then transfer my numbers to my excel file upstairs. My son gave me a small desk calendar last year (Jan2015), and that replaced the plain notebook I had been using. I love that these are already printed with the date ... as sometimes I'd forget to write that down, and when I had a bunch of little papers around, I couldn't remember which one went with which day!

I haven't felt well for the past month or so. Not "sick" sick, but definitely not 100% and it has affected my exercise (unfortunately not my eating). My steps slipped, I fell on my Fitbit friend list. Instead of Zumba multiple times a week and an hour of elliptical, I just got a bit in here and there.

I'm still not feeling "back" ... but with school in session again, the return to the routine, I'm hoping to start the year strong and have a good 2016.




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with feeling back to 100% Wonder if the decrease in physical activity is affecting you and helping perpetuate that 'not quite right' feeling.

    I love the tear of daily calendar idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...