- Friday (0122): No school for the kids as it was end of quarter. That meant sleeping in, but also allowed me to hit a Friday Zumba class (Debbie in Daybreak). Busy basketball afternoon as I was on snack bar duty over at the high school, then watched #2 in his JV game. #5 had practice, but a teammate's family picked him up for me. Just a 10k day.
- Saturday (0123): Got in a session on the elliptical in the morning, then it was a busy basketball day, although #4 didn't want to go to his game (and I didn't force him). I took #3 to his double header in the evening while Daddy took #5 to his, and #2 was at the high school all day working with a basketball fundraising event.
- Sunday (0124): Woke to snow. Got in a 20min session on the elliptical in the morning to finish up the TV episode I'd started yesterday, but it was a pretty lazy day.
- Monday (0125): Got in an hour of elliptical throughout the day ...back to getting some early sessions while getting the boys off to school. Hit Southziders Zumba (it's been a while) and did reading/riding on the bike. Kept calories at 2000. 25Kday.
- Tuesday (0126): Another day of Zumba (w/Marian), bike and an hour of elliptical. Spent a while in the kitchen making a dozen lunches for the basketball team (then dropped them off at the high school). Also attended #2's away game. Basketball practice for #5 in the evening and I walked while I waited. Another 25k and 2000 calorie intake day.
- Wednesday (0127): Had a good Zumba class (MZL) and an hour of elliptical. Was dragging a bit in the early afternoon. Hubs and #3 did a derby while I took #5 to his basketball game.
- Thursday (0128): Activity the same as yesterday, Zumba (MountainView) and an hour of elliptical. Hubs had another derby, #2 went to help. Both #3 and #5 had 8:00 games (so I missed one) and #4 had practice ... busy basketball evening! I used to go to a Zumba class on Thursday evenings!
Friday, January 29, 2016
WWI #131 - Finally a Good Week
Finally! I had a good week. The scale shift was great, but I know there can be a lot of crazy fluctuation there. I was surprised when I crunched my numbers that they weren't actually that wonderful, but I felt proud of myself for pushing through these few days. I was almost back to my "normal" ... meeting my goals. It's been a while since I've been hitting 22k for the day. 100 active minutes, my 1000 calorie exercise estimate for burn. While the weekend wasn't wonderful, I did good Mon-Thursday. I hit my Zumba and elliptical. I got in a couple sessions on the bike. I do still need to get back to weights, I know. Although I could do better (as always), I kept calories under control better and did a better job of recording them in a timely fashion. In addition to food and fitness, I stayed on top of inputting my numbers each day into DailyMile (and then a daily tweet on Twitter) and updating my journal entry promptly. I'm even getting this blog post up on Friday! So all in all ... felt like a good week and I'm happy.
NUMBERS: Weight shifted from 166.4 to 163.8, down 2.6 pounds. Average didn't really change much though (166.3). Average intake was 2129, Average burn was 2562. The result was -916 for the week. Not a lot, but at least it was in the negative.
Here's a quick week recap:
Pictures from the week ..
Family Fitness ... my MIL, SIL and nephew came to Monday Zumba!
... a dozen lunches for basketball boys
(chicken salad sandwich, apple slices, cheddar cheese chunks, brownie, chips and a water)
My new water bottle ... it's big (and pink)
Walking the halls with my headphones again (during basketball practice).
Ate the last of my salted caramels ...
(did a blog post on my family blog Salted Caramel Comparison)