- 0501 (Friday) Weight 155.6. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2872. Exercise Burn 850/1157 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2200. Hubs stayed home from work to final his prep for going out of town on a bike road trip weekend. Mountain biking/Camping ... doesn't sound fun to me! I did the usual kid dropoffs then went out to Zumba. Early out at the elementary, middle school pickup, then dropped off Hubs where he was meeting a friend going on the trip too. #2 had basketball games in the evening, at 7:00 and 9:00. #3 had stayed after school, hanging with friends and as it got late, asked if he could sleep over. I said ok, it's his first sleep over. I continued to work on computer stuff (blogging, game highlights, and setting up Instagram/Twitter to share said game clips with #2's friends more easily ... apparently teens today aren't on Facebook anymore). Didn't get to sleep until 2:00. Unheard of for me!
- 0502 (Saturday) Weight 156.1. Okay Day. Total Burn 2730. Exercise Burn 700/1011 (30minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. After the late night last night, I really thought I would sleep in this morning. It didn't happen. For some reason, at 7:00 I was wide awake ... so I went to Zumba. The one over at the Karate studio. I paid $50 for a 10 punch pass. It was only me and my neighbor, but it is small, I'm not sure how many people it couple comfortably hold. I stopped at Sams to fill up on gas and grab some groceries after. Got in a little elliptical, but it was a busy day. #3 got back, and suddenly decided he needed a haircut. NOW. I did end up taking him in, Fantasic Sams had an hour wait, so we tried SuperCuts. He could maybe ride his bike there for any emergency hair cut situations in the future! #5 had his game at 12:00. Luckily I remembered we had treats, so we prepped those before we went. As no video helper was willing to go, I manned the camera instead of jogging the track ... but I was so glad I did. #5 had an AMAZING game! He was on fire! He scored 17 points, one of them was a three pointer. The coach had to pull him for a bit just to give the other team a chance to catch up. Later, #2 had a couple games, at 4:00 and 7:00. In between I worked a little making highlight videos. I stayed up late on the computer again too. When the Hubs is away ...
- 0503 (Sunday) Weight 155.8. Bad Day. Total Burn 2017. Exercise Burn 0/282 (no exercise). Calories in 2800. Didn't really sleep in as much as I would have thought. Made breakfast for the munchkins, then we went to church. The two little boys had little party in primary. Laid down for a little nap in the early afternoon, but then a thunderstorm hit and #4 came in all anxious. He couldn't find his headphones (coping mechanism) and we all had to look around to find them (#5 found them, thanks little helper!) The storm passed really quickly though, which was good, as we had a family party at my folks house at 4:30. They did the big "breakfast for dinner" with waffles, fruit, meats and eggs. Missing my hubby's fabulous waffle mix (had to go with boxed stuff) and I still manned the waffle irons. My oldest brother had brought "a box of childhood" in the form of records that he had somehow ended up with. I'd been able to find a majority of my childhood favorites converted to digital over the years, but there was one or two albums in there that could never be located, and are therefore priceless, at least to me! My siblings (their spouses and kids) thought I was a little crazy bursting into song as I looked over everything! Amazing how everything can come right back with the right triggers. Happy! Another late night ...
- 0504 (Monday) Weight 158.9. Good Day. Total Burn 3013. Exercise Burn 900, 1289 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2200. Got the kids off to school, then hit Zumba. Stopped at Kmart and Smiths on the way home. I might have spent $100 on flowers ... happy early mother's day to me! I only got in a couple sessions on the elliptical in during the day, but I stayed pretty active. Mowed the front lawn, then planted my flowers. They really fill up the truck of the car, but just don't go that far in the flower beds! I got sprinkled on a bit. There was some rain, and some thunder and lightening. I had gone to the elementary early to make sure I was there when the little ones got out of school, as I figured #4 would be concerned. He was really cute at home though, as a big thunder rolled out, he said "Well, I'm off to the basement" ... not in his usual terrified way, but just stating a fact (the basement bedroom is his "safe spot", windows blacked out, headphones on, hard to hear/see a storm there). I ended up splashing myself with mud while planting, so I took an early shower. Hubs texted around 6:00 requesting a pickup, so I went out and grabbed him. Good to have my man back safe and sound. Did ok on calories today.
- 0505 (Tuesday) Weight 157.0. Bad Day. Total Burn 2752. Exercise Burn 2752 (40minElliptical, Zumba) Calories in 3000. Tuesdays are usually a great day for me, not sure why I just didn't get much done today. Too much time on the computer (facebook, blog updates, muvee stuff). Very stormy outside too, huge thunderstorm, I was worried about #4 ... and our window wells! I think there was some nervous eating (I also snack while I'm on the computer). #2 had a basketball game over at the high school at 6:00, then we went to my MILs for a birthday celebration. Hubs and I had driven separately (as he wanted to get going before the game ended with the two little ones, I brought the two older ones with me after it was done. They won.) There was Papa Murphy pizza (including my favorite, thin crust with only alfredo and cheese) and their new thick and cheesy breadsticks were really good! Red Velvet cake, which I don't like, but I did indulge in some ice cream. High calorie intake day. #4 was feeling very anxious as the weather was turning again, so I brought him home early. Poor kid, the drive was bad "can we turn on music? why is this light taking so long?" but he was okay once we got home and he could hit his "safe" spot.
- 0506 (Wednesday) Weight 157.8. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2886. Exercise Burn 800/1158 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 1800. Having some Fitbit troubles. I was getting ready to leave for Zumba when I noticed my One with a low battery. I should not have had a low battery, as it had been charged recently. I charged it some, and pulled out an old Zip as a backup, setting it up with our backup account. I was running a little late, and was late for Zumba, so I didn't quite get my full hour. I did a quick stop at Sam's Club on the way home, grabbing some groceries. Just got my 40 min of elliptical in during the day. Seems to be the standard right now. At least I did control eating. More stormy weather. #2 went to a basketball practice/scrimmage thing, taking #3 with him. Hubs had a meeting at the church. I took #5 to basketball practice, running back home so #4 wasn't home alone for very long. He was ok as long as he was in the "safe room" downstairs with the cat.
- 0507 (Thursday) Weight 157.2. Ok Day. Total Burn 2767. Exercise Burn 859/1039 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. I think I was hoping for a little bit of a calorie drop after my good eating day yesterday. In my disappointment, I didn't have a very good eating day today. Zumba was fun though. Marian, still not feeling well was eying the "helpers" to see who could lead some numbers, when Debbie walked in, then Claudia! Three actual instructors! It was fun to see Claudia again. I hit Smiths on the way home, dropping off a prescription, then doing some shopping ... then leaving without remembering to pick up said prescription. Dang it! #2 had a game after school at a different high school, a little further away. They won. I was late for Zumba, but figured I'd hit half, but no one was there. I guess no one showed at the start so Marian just went back home. I still stopped and grabbed crazy bread for the boys. Fitbit is being CRAZY. I called customer service and they are sending a new one out. Hubs let me have his ONE, and he took the older Zip.
- 0508 (Friday) Weight 157.3. Ok Day. Total Burn 2423. Exercise Burn 760/698 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2400. Slept in a little, as I can do on Fridays. Got the kids off to school, then I was off to Zumba. There were some technical difficulties with music today, so some longer pauses between songs, so my numbers weren't as good. I stopped at Kmart on the way home and grabbed a few other things with Fitstudio points. I never seem to have much time on Fridays, between the late start and the early out at the elementary. And ... my Fitbit died. The one Hubs just traded me! I must be cursed! I got another older Zip out for me :( This all does affect my motivation. Ate too many treats today. #3 wanted to go play basketball with buddies, which required quite a bit of chauffeur time. #2 ended up having a game, playing up with the remaining varsity team in a local tournament, as several teammates were gone to an out of town tournament. It was ag 8:30, and a little further away, so I didn't go watch, but I wish I had. They won.
- 0509 (Saturday) Weight 157.6. Bad Day. Total Burn 2578. Exercise Burn 795/851 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 3000. Started the day with some little croissants. I'd accidentally grabbed one bag of the mini ones, with chocolate inside. Ironically that turned OFF the kids (who like the plain ones). I still had one warm ... and a couple more when they were cool (I think they were better cold). A friend had mentioned that the South Jordan Rec center was going to have free Zumba for Mother's Day. I decided to hit it. It was pouring rain, and when I got there, I found out it was more "a member can bring a friend for free" but I mentioned my friend's name and it was fine. It was PACKED ... my anxiety and claustrophobia set in a bit, I almost turned around and left, but stuck it out. There was not much room to move, and there were some bumping body parts. The instructor was really good though, you can tell why she has such a following. Class was a bit short due to the crowd confusion at the start and a drawing they were doing. I ended up with a t-shirt (should have got a slightly bigger size though). I'm glad I went. I had been a little stressed in the morning as Hubs was eying the house and starting to clean. This always starts an inner monologue for me that isn't very flattering as I see how messy the house is. Hubs was busy in the garage helping a friend and his son make a derby car. I tried to get things cleaned up some. #2 was craving something for lunch, so he packed up the brothers and went to KFC. This did give me time home alone to get the kitchen floor mopped. It was just a bit of a down and discouraged day. #5 did have his basketball game, they did really well, I got a lot of video highlights. Hubs was busy most of the afternoon over at his mom's house, prepping for his sister's return (she's been gone 18 months on a mission).
- 0510 (Sunday) Weight 157.8. Bad Day. Total Burn 2217. Exercise Burn 400/471 (40minElliptical). Calories in 3000. The kids insisted on breakfast in bed. It's a Mother'sDay tradition. Belgian waffle and bacon, some hash browns a bit later. Hubs bought a record player, so it was fun experimenting with some of the records I'd received last Sunday. Amazing how just a few moments of music can bring it all back! I did have to fulfill my duties at the piano in primary. It was a nice day, so I walked to/from church. We were having extended family over in the afternoon, so Hubs was prepping his BBQ. We also got the call (Facetime) from #1 in Mexico. So as far as family, it was a really good day. As far as food ... I didn't feel like I absolutely stuffed myself, but I felt like it! I was so uncomfortably full I felt sick. I had to go lay down for a while. I did actually get in a little elliptical today.
- 0511 (Monday) Weight 161. Good Day. Total Burn 3316. Exercise Burn 1285/1570 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike). Calories in 1700. Great day really, just felt on task. Got in oodles of exercise, kept the calories in check. After that morning weigh-in though ... I really do not want to see the 160s again! Zumba was good, I stopped at Kmart and Smiths on the way home. Got in some house stuff, a little blog stuff, stopping here and there to practice some Zumba songs. Just kept very busy. Stopped and grabbed Papa Murphy pizza on the way home from picking up #3. Made one pizza and the cheesy bread after school. The little boys were going to go play basketball at the park, but then a friend stopped by and picked up #5 to come hang out for the evening. I had teenage boys in my gym. Hubs was home, but off again, doing some last minute stuff for his sister coming home tomorrow. My new Fitbit came in the mail today (Fitbit customer service is pretty quick) so I'm back in business!
- 0512 (Tuesday) Weight 158.9. Good Day. Total Burn 2915. Exercise Burn 840/1181 (45minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. It was actually a bit of an unproductive day ... I didn't get in nearly as much as I did yesterday, and I don't know exactly why. Frustrating. Tummy feeling a bit off today, making me a bit unmotivated. Got the kids up and off and hit Zumba, then I had the whole day home, should have gotten in some bike/treadmill and/or weights, but just got in some elliptical, and a Zumba song here and there. #2 was a bit of a grump after school, he didn't pick up his brother (so I had to). He got another parking ticket ... the people by the school do NOT like kids parking in front of their houses and they call the cops on them. I thought #2 learned his lesson the first time. We are lucky he didn't get into additional trouble, as the truck registration expired in April too. We need to work on that. The car situation is a stress hanging over my head! He had a game at 6:00, I went to watch him play. I had to go back at 8:00 for a parent meeting discussing the upcoming summer stuff and an Orlando trip in December. I must admit to being quite overwhelmed with it all. Just stressing about the finances, the paperwork, etc. It triggered an emotional avalanche as there have just been a lot of little things building up lately. Feeling very discouraged and buried and inadequate.
- 0513 (Wednesday) Weight 158. Okay Day. Total Burn 2539. Exercise Burn 665/810 (20minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. Crappy night of sleep, still stressing. I actually had no desire to go to Zumba, very rare for me. But if I didn't go, what would I do instead? Probably just assume the fetal position in bed for an hour ... so I went. Stopped at Sears on the way home to pick up a couple of orders (Fitstudio ... they had been free/cheap with my points). Today, Hub's sister was coming home from her LDS mission, after being gone 18 months. Hubs got off work a little early and went over to the house to hang a banner. He then went and grabbed #3 from school, as #2 met us at home. We stopped and grabbed the two little ones from the elementary on the way to the airport. Hubs dropped us off, and parking was so bad that it took him so long to find a spot and get a shuttle that he missed his sister making her entrance (there were plenty of us there, with video and cameras in hand). My MIL had been in a similar situation, but barely made it there in time. Many tears and happy smiles. We went over to the house after. I must admit, with an interruption in my day like this, sometimes I just give up. I'm not getting a workout in, I might as well eat crap too. But the two little ones were under 10k when we picked them up from school, and both over 21K when we left grandma's house a few hours later. They apparently never stopped moving! Back at home, I did mow the lawn. I'd finally called and committed to a lawn service to come spray for weeds, and they had visited yesterday. The mowing helped a little, die weeds die!
- 0514 (Thursday) Weight 160.3. Good Day. Total Burn 3168. Exercise Burn 1150/1294 (50minElliptical, Zumba+). Calories in 2500. Claudia was at Zumba again this morning. Fun to have her there. Got in some elliptical during the day. #2 had a basketball game at 6:00, I ended up driving a couple of his friends there too, and the conversation in the car was pretty funny. They won, that was the final game of this Spring season. I went ahead and hit half of my evening Zumba, only two others there (Julie was one, who I'd run into at the high school earlier in the evening at the basketball game). Stopped for Crazy Bread on the way home, which pushed me over already high calories.
- 0515 (Friday) Weight 158.6. Good Day. Total Burn 3027. Exercise Burn 1120/1294 (30minElliptical, Zumba x2). Calories in 2500. Slept in a little, got the boys off to school, then off to Zumba. Early out at the elementary, then I took #3 shopping (he wanted some "skinny jeans") and stopped at Sam's for some much needed groceries. I made fried chicken and yellow rice for dinner, the little ones had been asking for it for a while. Then I went to a Zumba fundraiser ... I should not have eaten dinner, my stomach felt so fat and full. Hard to dance. I stopped and took some video too. Back at home I made a little muvee with the clips. I'd stopped at the library and grabbed "About Time" for Hubs and I to watch, but we were too tired tonight.
- 0516 (Saturday) Weight 159.6. Very Bad Day. Total Burn 2171. Exercise Burn 400/433 (40minElliptical). Calories in 3300. There was a church 5k happening right in our neighborhood, but I didn't go. Hubs made a run to the dump, then the local thrift store. We spent some time cleaning out a basement room (although you can't tell we did anything, still messy!) #5 had his last basketball game at 1:00, they lost. Four wins, four losses this season. We went ahead and signed up for summer basketball. I was SO tired, I grabbed a nap in the afternoon. Hubs and I did get to our movie ... with popcorn. I'd already had a bad candy calorie day, so calories were way over.
- 0517 (Sunday) Weight 160.1. Bad Day. Total Burn 2040. Exercise Burn 300/298 (20minElliptical, Zumba Practice). Calories in 2300. We went to church ... we haven't been good about making it to all the meetings. I didn't eat breakfast before and was starving which is odd, as I rarely eat breakfast. We did our big Sunday Circle Brunch after, then I took another nap. Not as uncommon on a Sunday afternoon. I felt the urge to exercise, so I hit the elliptical. Hubs was heading out to his mom's, he took the kids and I opted to stay home in the empty house. Got in some Zumba practice ... not sure if I'll be leading more than the usual songs tomorrow and thought I should be prepped just in case.
- 0518 (Monday) Weight 161.2. Good Day. Total Burn 3101. Exercise Burn 1333/1354 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike). Calories in 1650. Back at it. Dropped the kids off at school, and went to Zumba early, as I was helping out. Deb and I were there ready at 9:30, but no one else was (as the class has habitually started late). There were a few people there by 9:40, so we started, and more trickled in. I had prepped a playlist, just in case Leslie or another actual instructor didn't show, and it was good I did. I had worked Christa, Maria and Amanda's numbers in too. I had a couple minor goofs, but overall I thought it went pretty well. I know I got MY highest numbers to date! 600 on the Polar! Stopped at Kmart on the way home. The day turned dreary and dark, thunder rumbling ... but no call from the school. I picked up #3, then went early to the elementary to make sure I was there when #4 (and #5) got out. Construction in front of the school is really making things more difficult too. #2 had his buddies in my gym, then #3 wanted to workout. I did some laundry, kitchen cleaning, vacuuming, and worked on a couple of the storage areas. Felt like a productive day. Also kept calories in check ... although I admit to an ice cream indulgence.
- 0519 (Tuesday) Weight 159.1. Pretty Good day. Total Burn 2820. Exercise Burn 1000/1084 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 40minWEIGHTS). Calories in 2200. Just couldn't quite get the heart rate up in Zumba this morning, not sure why. I sure was sweating up a storm! I used to be super productive of my Tuesdays, as I have a little more time. But not lately, and not today. I did finally go down and start a weights session. I was happy when #2 texted that he'd pick up #3, otherwise I would have had to cut my workout short. As soon as they got home, I dropped #3 off at the dentist, then picked up the elementary kids. Dropped them home, then joined #3 at the dentist. Everyone there said #3 had been quite entertaining on the laughing gas. He just had one filling done, and we discussed ortho options. Bringing him back in next week for that. When Hubs got home, I pointed out a hole in the one of the eggs (Hubs is attempting to hatch some ducklings) ... that got Hubs all excited, but also realizing he wasn't quite prepared (he was thinking it would happen this weekend). So he went out and bought some more stuff for the next step. Hopefully they will hatch alright (out of seven eggs, it only looks like three have developed). #2 and #3 went to the high school for a basketball scrimmage. #5 pulled ahead of me on our Fitbit friends list! Kept calories in check, although the quality of calories was still very much in question. Did NOT have any ice cream today though!
- 0520 (Wednesday) Weight 159.3. Good Day. Total Burn 3100. Exercise Burn 1100/1363 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2400. Got the kids to school and me off to Zumba. Stopped at Sears on the way home to grab a package purchsed with Fitstudio points (got me some cute leopard spotted leggings for free). Got in some elliptical and home, and spent some time outside weeding and mowing the front lawn. On the egg front, another egg started the hatching process and overtook egg #1. He hatched in the early evening. Egg #1 still struggling, not really making any progress which is a bit worrysome. A little hard to go to sleep wondering about our little egg.
- 0521 (Thursday) Weight 159.9. Good Day. Total Burn 3090. Exercise Burn 1250/1350 (40minElliptical, Zumba 1.5, Incline 1.75). Calories in 2250. I checked on the egg around midnight, but no change still. At 2:30, the fire-alarm decided it needed a new battery, chirping away. But while getting up to change that, Hubs and I saw that egg#1 had finally hatched. Two duckies! One more egg still a possibility. Hubs stuck around in the morning and moved the ducklings to a brooding box in the basement. The room has a sliding door and I was worried about it closing all the way, with Kitty around. Sure enough, I found it a bit open and Kitty IN the box with the babies. Luckily either I caught him right when he jumped in, or he just hadn't done anything. No damage, thank heavens. That was a heart-stopping moment! I moved the brooding box into the extra bedroom downstairs, easier to make sure the door is closed there! Dropped the kids at school, and then I stuck around as #4 was receiving an award. This did make me late for Zumba. I still went, but only got 20 minutes in. Did a quick stop at Kmart after. Got in some elliptical and treadmill. Tried to up the incline to 10, but it was feeling too hard, so just walked at a 6. Went to Zumba in the evening and got good stats. Pretty decent sized crowd. Hubs and #3 did a derby.
- 0522 (Friday) Weight 159.9. Ok Day. Total Burn 2778. Exercise Burn 820/1053 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2200. Slept in a little, as I'm wont to do on Friday mornings. Got the kids off, then went to Zumba. Got in a little elliptical during the day. We've been having fun with the ducklings (although Hubs gave up on the 3rd egg). Taking them for a swim in the bathtub a couple times a day, and taking them outside to let them run around. So cute!
- 0523 (Saturday) Weight 159.4. Bad Day. Total Burn 2396. Exercise Burn 400/659 (40minElliptical). Calories in 3000. Sleep in Saturday. Got in a little elliptical. Had a productive day on the home front, as Hubs took my burb in for inspection. It expires this month, unfortunately it didn't pass, needs a few things done. One of those was the windshield, and he did call and have it replaced, as well as on the two trucks. Yes, all three vehicles had cracked windshields. I did a grocery store run, then Hub and #3 went to Lowes and picked up some paint, and painted #3's room. #3 did a lot of the work, I was impressed (as he isn't feeling well, has a bad cough and has lost his voice). #2 went off working concessions at the pro soccer game. I did a little baking, prepping a crust for a dessert I'm making and taking tomorrow for a family gathering. I also made some brownies, accidentally doubling the butter, so I had to double the entire recipe. I ate some brownies too, and hubs picked up Popeyes ... it wasn't a good eating day. Watched the American Crime finale.
- 0524 (Sunday) Weight 161.1. Bad Day. Total Burn 1804. Exercise Burn 0/57 (no exercise). Calories in 3400. Slept in again, then up and finished making my dessert for the family gathering. We went to my MILs church to hear my SIL speak, then off to the house after. Unfortunately it was raining, although it did clear up a little later. Pulled pork, other deli sandwiches, lots of chips and desserts. Yes, bad eating day. Back at home, the family came over to see the ducklings. Hubs and I caught the most recent GOT. Up late!
- 0525 (Monday) Weight 162.5. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2951. Exercise Burn 1200/1196 (100minElliptical, 30minBike). Calories in 2500. Hubs got up early for a run, but I slept in. We didn't really have any big plans for the day. We hadn't done our Sunday Circles yesterday, with the family gathering, so we did them today. I actually wasn't that hungry, but it's hard not to eat when it's a family breakfast. I made a run to Sam'sClub, as we were almost out of milk and bread. We had a little friend of #5 over almost all day, and #2 had several friends over in the afternoon. Hubs joined his mom (and met up with my folks) at some of the cemeteries. I got in five sessions on the elliptical and did some reading/riding. Made my last basketball muvee, and updated the blogs. Felt like a pretty productive day. Still over on calories, snacking on leftover brownies. Hubs requested homemade oreos, so I made them ... but didn't eat any!
- 0526 (Tuesday) Weight 159.8. Good Day. Total Burn 3178. Exercise Burn 1350/1439 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike, 40minWEIGHTS). Calories in 1850. Pretty productive day today. Stormy out, but #4 was being brave, and I made it to Zumba on time. Got in elliptical, bike and weights. Hubs didn't sleep well (if at all) last night and came home from work early and took a nap. It was a little hard, as we had a little friend of #5's over, and they didn't seem to comprehend being quiet. Luckily #2 and his friends didn't hit the home gym today. Kept calories in check today as well!
- 0527 (Wednesday) Weight 158.0. Good Day. Total Burn 3253. Exercise Burn 962/1514 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories 2350. Took the duckies out in the morning, still managed to fit in 10 min on the elliptical early. Got the kids off and hit Zumba. I had really hoped it would start on time, or at least by 10 minutes after, as I had to leave by 10:10 at the latest to go grab #3 from school and drop him at the orthodontist. Alas, it was 20 after, so I only got in 50 minutes. Picked up the child ... it always takes so long. Back when #2 was in braces I could just write to note to have him waiting outside, but they have cracked down and now I have to park and go in and show ID and wait for them to call him out of class. It was going to be a longer appointment, so I just checked him in and then went and ran some errands. Picked up a package at Kohls, Sears and then stopped at Old Navy. Ran home for a bit, and back to the ortho to pick up #3. I brought him a gogurt, as he missed lunch but his teeth were tender. Dropped him back at school and got in some elliptical at home. After picking up kids from school, I worked outside for a while (there were boys in my gym) weeding then mowing the lawn. Weeding is more fun with duckies around *Ü* The NBA playoffs game was going on in the evening, when it was interrupted by an emergency broadcast alert with a severe thunderstorm warning. Poor #4 completely freaked out. He'd never been around for one of these alerts, and then to have it weather related. I had a really hard time calming him down, and he did retreat down to the basement, missing the game. Hubs was out late, dinner and drinks with a work friend. He wasn't feeling well at all. I dosed him with some medication before bed.
- 0528 (Thursday) Weight 159.9. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2932. Exercise Burn 810/1192 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. Stats are decent, but it really wasn't a very good day. My regular Thursday Zumba was taking the day off, as the church was getting new carpeting. But I had a backup lined up and was excited to try a new class nearby. It didn't happen. #4 looked at the skies as we got in the car to go to school and had a panic attack. The clouds were dark, but no rain, thunder or lightening ... I think it was a carryover from the emergency alert last night. He couldn't calm down, so I dropped off #5 and brought #4 back home, gave him a "chill pill" and we did some homeschooling for 30minutes or so. Enough time for the clouds to clear some, and for the valium to kick in. He let me drop him off at school, but it was too late for Zumba. I went ahead and stopped at the store, as I'd needed to do that for a bit. Got in some elliptical at home. I did have my Zumba in the evening, so that was good. I'd stopped to get the usual crazy bread on the way home when I got a text from my son saying one of the ducklings had died. It wasn't totally out of the blue, I had been worried about him, as he'd been very subdued, not interested in eating, while we took him out in the morning and afternoon. We buried him in the backyard, and I think Hubs and I are taking it worse than the kids. What is really sad, is our remaining duckling is now all alone, just peeping for his brother :(
- 0529 (Friday) Weight 158.9. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2750. Exercise Burn 800/1016 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2300. Late start day. Luckily the weather was fine, so #4 had no problems this morning. I dropped #3 then headed straight out to Zumba. Kinda crazy chaos with lots of kids. It's just even more obvious because the gym is small. I stopped at Kmart on the way home. The sun was out ... so I went out in it for a bit. Then early out at the elementary, and then middle school pickup. Poor Hubs still isn't feeling good, and #5 came home from school fine, but after playing outside for a bit, he came in and said he was feeling sick. He threw up a bit later. And again a bit later than that. No fun. Then there was trouble at the other end ... so, not a very productive evening.
- 0530 (Saturday) Weight 159.3. Bad Day. Total Burn 2455. Exercise Burn 500/718 (40minElliptical). Calories in 3000. Not a great night. #5 woke me up a couple times to help him, had to shower him off. Loads of laundry in the morning. I had thought I might hit a free Zumba activity, but with #5 not feeling great. He had actually perked up first thing in the morning, then climbed into my bed saying he still felt sick. My folks were having an impromptu late breakfast ... Hubs (also not feeling well) said he'd stay with the little guy, and I took #3 and #4 (#2 was off at a work orientation, got a job at KFC). It was fun to visit ... I don't feel like I overate too bad (although I had already had a croissant in the morning). No more barf/diarrhea from #5, but he didn't really get out of bed all day. Hub was able to get his truck registered. Yea ... one down two to go! #4 and I went for a walk down the canal. Saw three different broods of mama ducks and babies. Our little guy is doing pretty good, even on his own.
- 0531 (Sunday) Weight 159.1. Bad Day. Total Burn 2233. Exercise Burn 300/497 (10minElliptical, Walks). It was Stake Conference at church ... which meant we weren't going ;) We had our big family breakfast, then we went for a drive up the mountains, and a walk around Silver Lake. Nice nap in the afternoon. Went and grabbed some Mountain Mikes pizza in the evening. Yes ... a little high in calories! Then the two little boys and I did a canal walk ... saw four mama duckies and babies this time.
Monday, June 1, 2015
May ... I'd hoped to do better than in April, but it didn't happen. Alas, everything is up. Started the month at 158.6, ended at 159.10. The average was 158.87. The high 162.50 and the low ... wasn't very low. 155.6. I'm sad I tipped into the 160s. I had vowed never to do that again.
It's the eating. I continue to track what I eat, while still eating bad. I just can't seem to get it in control. I have been keeping up with the exercise. Zumba and elliptical almost every day. Some biking (reading and riding), weights at least once a week. I did get a new high for an hour of Zumba (600 on the Polar). Still dealing with boys in my gym, and my youngest actually surpassed me in steps this past month! Kids! May will definitely be remembered as being just ducky! Literally! We hatched ducklings, and they have been taking up some time too. They are so cute and a lot of fun. My garden has never been so weed free (because it's actually fun to weed with them around). I had to replace my Fitbit (under warranty), #3 got braces, we had some weather to deal with. Mother's Day and some other family activities. Here's my daily entries for the month ...
*** JenB's Journal ***
... and that was May. June will be a completely different story. The end of school, and a more relaxed summer schedule. Sleeping in? Staying up late? No school carpool or homework help, but the kids will want to be run here and there I'm sure. #2 can now drive himself, and will be working. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Summer ... for better or worse!