Monday, July 22, 2013

Let’s Talk About TV (FMM)


Each Monday, as part of a link-up hosted by AllTheWeigh,   a topic is thrown out.  Sometimes weight-loss related, sometimes not. Bloggers answer on their own blogs and include the link back to the original post (here) in the comments section. This is a fun way to connect with others. So I'm a day late and a dollar short, but as TV watching IS a big part of my weight-loss journey, I did want to jump in here on this topic (even if it is a week behind). 


Let’s Talk About TV
1.  Share your current “Must-See” TV shows.  I don't watch a lot of "current" TV ... I  tend to wait until programs hit Netflix or DVD then watch an entire season.  But shows I have gotten attached to and DO want to watch as soon as each episode airs are ...




2.  Do you prefer reality shows or sitcoms?  Sitcoms seem to indicate comedy to me, which is ok, but I tend to favor action/drama. I really like serial shows that carry the story from week to week and keep me wanting to come back.  Other than Survivor, I don't really watch much reality ...
3. Who is your favorite talk show host?  I don't watch talk shows ... just never have.
4. Which network(s) do you turn to for news?  I don't watch the news either ... (I'll try to catch written recaps online). 
5. Do you have Tivo or DVR?  If so, which programs do you have set to record?  I used to have Tivo, but have now turned to other ways of watching (I didn't have the Tivo in my exercise room).
6. Have you ever started watching a show simply because you heard so much about it on social media?  If so, which one did you watch?  I heard a lot of buzz about Downton Abby, so I'm giving that one a try now (it's on Amazon Prime).

7. List any TV series that you own on DVD.  I tend to only want to watch shows once, so DVD collections at our house are more for hubby and the kids. We do own the entire series of Friends, Seinfield, Home Improvement and Full House. 
8.  Do you have a subscription to Netflix, Hulu, etc?  If so, what kind of device do you use to stream it?  We have Netflix and Amazon Prime (more for the free 2-day shipping, but I have been watching some of the shows too) and I also use a service called PlayOn which allows me to watch current shows (that are available online, and almost everything IS available online somewhere) on my TV in the gym. Before I got PlayOn I couldn't keep current with any show (as I only watch TV when I'm working out).  I LOVE my Roku! It is the best streaming box out there in my opinion (and I've tried many of the different options). 


9.  If you could star in a TV show that already exists, which one would you choose? I actually used to be an "actor/singer" (school and local theater) but this question is a hard one ... I admit to imagining what it would be like to be a contestant on one of the singing shows.
10.  If you could bring back one TV show that is no longer on the air, which one would you choose? I'll join the original poster in wanting to see more 24 ... that was the first show I watched when I started working out to TV. It was such a great show to keep me completely captivated and wanting to go downstairs for just one more episode (thus one more workout). And it was hard not to feed off the adrenaline as Jack would fight his way through the day. 

************************************************************




What are your TV habits? 
Check out the original post (here) and see what others are watching.

I'm also keeping a list of what I'm watching currently HERE ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...