Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Jai Ho x 2

It's Workout Wednesday ...time for another Choreography Clash!
Did you see the movie Slumdog Millionaire? At the end, as the credits are running, the cast is dancing to a number poppified by the Pussycat Dolls. Jai Ho. I liked it then, and I liked it when we danced to it in one of my Zumba classes (not the same choreography as the movie) ... and even again, when another class did a completely different version! Usually I struggle a bit with the same song, different steps ... but I guess these two are different enough that my brain can handle it. 


This is first one I did (Marian's Class). Our class choreography is pretty much the same. It might not look it, but this is quite the arm workout. Even more so that some of the "arm workout" only songs! This does have a bit of that Indian flair to some of the moves.


Here ... they chat a bit at the start so you can just skip straight to the song starting at 1:14. My MZL class does this version. Instead of the flowing moves, this has core work, squats and punches and a little balancing section.

I really like both of these versions and have them both pretty solidly in my head (meaning I could probably do them even without an instructor showing me the moves). In a couple other classes (Debbie and Melanie) I've seen other versions too ... they are out there. I think I'll stick with these two though.

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved that song...I did it in Zumba also.

    And different Zumba routines to the same song messes with my head!!!!! Furthermore, Sometimes I'm standing at my desk at work and a song that I have done in Zumba comes on....my body just leans into it and I struggle to not break out into the routine. And in the flip side....the song Roar always makes me cry because the choreography killed me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only done Roar in one class and the choreography wasn't killer. My son was playing some Spanish music yesterday (he recently returned from Mexico)and a couple of our class songs came on. My sons didn't appreciate my moves in the kitchen ... ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...