Monday, December 15, 2014

Another Weekend, Another Monday

It's Monday again ...
We did a little "going through closets" over the weekend. #3 was clearing out t-shirts he no longer wears. I looked through them and found this one and thought it was PERFECT for #4. He's my anxiety child, and Monday mornings are so hard for him. Returning to school after the comfort and safety of home over the weekend. He did ok this morning. He did ask me to walk him into school ... which was a slight problem, because I only had slippers on. We hadn't exited the neighborhood yet, so we went back home quick and I changed into shoes. #4 made it through the day ...

And I made it through the weekend. Just barely! I was dragging so much last week, by the time Friday rolled around, I didn't have it in me to go to my Zumba class. I don't know if there has ever been a time when I could have gone, but didn't. I dropped off the kids (which requires multiple trips, especially on a Friday morning) and then came back home and crawled into bed and stayed there for a few hours.

Last year at this time, I was struck down with the flu. For a solid week, I didn't want to move, I didn't want to eat (very rare for me!) and I had to force myself to drink. I lost 10 pounds in seven days, and then ended my flu with the stomach flu. It was miserable. I wondered if I was going to repeat it this year, but other than the extreme exhaustion, I really haven't had any other symptoms.

I still had my PACT to complete ...
so I did push myself to at least hit 10k on Friday and Saturday. I've given myself the leeway to take ONE day off a week, so I didn't worry about it at all on Sunday. Unsure of what I might be feeling this coming week, and with #5's birthday and the Christmas holiday coming right up, I actually changed my PACT for the next few weeks, only committing to four days instead of six on the exercise. Just in case ... and maybe it will be nice not to really HAVE to exercise if I'm not feeling it. Usually I want to. I actually have trouble NOT exercising as the norm!

What else happened over the weekend?

#3 and I finished up his science fair project. 
Whew ... I'm glad it's done! And it's not even due until Tuesday! 
We got it completed three whole days early!

I sneak in a Sunday Selfie many weeks (it's often the one day of the week I actually don't have my hair in a pony tail, not wearing my workout wear, etc.) I'm hidden out of the way behind the piano, but this week our music chorister caught me taking a picture and wanted in on the action. And then he called me out and had me post it to Facebook. 

I'm really TRYING to stay on top of things this weekend to start the week right. I wrapped some presents and prepped for Christmas. I got my Daily Mile updated. My Daily Doings (journal entries) are now up to date. It's Monday ... and I'm doing my Monday post (ok, it's 9:00 in the evening so I'm just squeaking it in).  My morning weigh-in was over 150 (151.1) which isn't quite as bad as last week. I'm still feeling tired though, and #2 HAS been sick (chills/fever, cough, absolute exhaustion, no appetite). He stayed home from school and slept all day long. I really hope he feels better, as he has a game tomorrow. I hope I get over my tiredness and that no one else gets sick! 

Linking up with MIMM ... how was YOUR weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...