Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The End of 2014

Well here we are, the last day of 2014. I'm not quite caught up to feel like I'm starting the new year fresh. I never got around to my November Recap post, and I wanted to have my family blog up to date before 2015 started (I've done several blog posts in the past week but am still not quite current). 2014 still feels a bit unfinished, and I'm not sure that will change before midnight tonight.

As far as weight ... I'm almost exactly where I was last year. That's just barely under the "overweight" mark. While I am happy about that, I would like to be 10-15 pounds less, or at least under 150 for sure. Last year, I hit a low of 144 after a week of being very sick. Of course I knew that wasn't real weight loss, and I rebounded back up to the 150-155 range pretty quick. This year, I earned that 144 (back in Sept/Oct) and kept it for a little bit, but haven't been able to hold it over the holidays. 

I wanted to compare my stats this year with last year ... I usually do that on the Walker Tracker website. I've been inputting my numbers there since I started back in 2008. I had done a blog post about Walker Tracker back in June (here). I mentioned there how I had considered giving up on it, but the draw to the data was too much. I got caught up in June and then ... promptly forgot about it again! I really hadn't been thinking much about it until I wanted to go compare this year with the previous years! At this point I am SOOOOO behind, but again, I do really like the data there.

Another site I started was Daily Mile. I started it mid-2013. I'll easily fall behind in my entries there too. I do have a widget on my blog sidebar, so that does push me a little to keep it up to date. I also have it post my weekly stats to my Facebook page. That is motivation to get all my numbers entered by Sunday night so I don't get a "Jennifer logged ZERO workouts and ZERO miles this past week" when I did get my workouts in ... just not logged. As it has been a bit of a struggle to keep up my logging here, I have also considered giving it up. But ... I HAD to finish out 2014 anyway, right? I've decided to make it a little easier, rather than inputting every different workout separately (Zumba, Elliptical, Treadmill, etc) I'll just do one daily one with my different exercises and miles in the notes. 

I just have to say I LOVE my Fitbit ... that it connects and updates automatically! At least I know all those numbers are recorded whether I write them down or not. 

I do still write everything down *Ü*  Last January, I changed my notebooks (Revising My Records) and I'm pleased to say that has worked really well this year. I have my medium-sized notebook will all my day's stats from the entire past year. I transfer all that to an excel file too (I had been using GoogleDrive but switched back to excel, Drive was driving me crazy).

There was a January post last year that featured my calendars too ... (Calendars and Keeping Track). After many years ... I stopped making my little color-coded family calendar. I just got busy I guess. It makes me a little sad, it was such a tradition for me! I kept my "exercise calendar" for about half the year (you can see them on some of the monthly recaps) ... I really liked them, but they were a bit of work to make. I gave up on my little Streaks calendar app too.

Some things continue to work. Some things don't.
I'm still going strong on My Fitness Pal ... see my log-in streak of 593 days? I still need to improve what I eat, but I least I'm logging everything.  I stay up-to-date on my MFP entries too. I find I need to input my food as I eat it ... it's so easy to forget if you don't! I have to have my MFP food entered by midnight to credit my PACT program as well. That is pretty good motivation too.

So, in prep for the New Year ...I think I am going to try and continue on with Walker Tracker and Daily Mile. I'm not sure if I'll catch up completely on WT for 2014 though (not even sure if I can at this point). I hope to stay updated on my blog, weighing in each Friday, with multiple posts during the week too.  I'm not planning any big changes in how I keep my records. 

2014 was a big change for me as far as exercise ... I was introduced to Zumba. I had never done it before 2014, and ended up going to classes five days a week for most of the year. I wish I could say there was more of a weight change because of it ... but there have been other, non-physical changes (in confidence, stance and friendships). Hopefully I'll be adding some racquetball back into my routine (as the hubs is getting back to the gym himself).  We'll see what the next year brings!

A final wrap up of the last weekend ...

 Hub's brother flew in as a Christmas surprise, 
so all the adults went out to dinner.

 We got together with extended family on Hub's side.
Much laughter while playing "Heads Up"

 We invited my BIL, MIL and SIL over for breakfast Sunday morning.
Waffles, bacon, sausage, hash browns, hot chocolate...
Don't my men look cute cooking in the kitchen?

Sunday evening we went out to Maga's for smoked brisket and pulled pork. I made Brazillian Cheese Rolls (a current family favorite, so quick and easy and yummy too). It seems that almost all the social activities are food related! Dinner out, dinner and games, family breakfast, out for drinks, family dinner ... it is any wonder it's hard to control calories during this holiday season?

Late link-up with MIMM and Workout Wednesday. We do have my folks and some of the kids cousins coming over for New Years games tonight. I'm not sure I have it in me to make it to midnight!






2 comments:

  1. happy new year, Jen! We gotta talk tv shows more in 2015. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!!! 2014 is not unfinished.....it is right where it needed to be when it ended. Don't look back.. Move forward!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...