Monday, December 1, 2014

One Super Sunday Sleep In

I know there was a sleep study that indicated it was better for the body if you had a consistent wake up time every single day. But for ME? Weekends are made for sleeping in!

This was my Fitbit sleep tile Sunday morning when I FINALLY rolled out of bed. I'd gone to bed at 9:59, and got out of bed at 9:53. I was in bed for 11 hours and 54 minutes, and "asleep" for 10 hours and 4 minutes. My average is probably around six hours of sleep a night. It felt good to catch up a bit. Sunday was actually the only day over the entire Thanksgiving Weekend that I was able to really sleep in though.

My MIMM Weekend Recap ...
  • Friday, I planned on hitting my Zumba class at 9:00. So that WAS a sleep in, based on my usual 6:00 rising time. I ended up needing to pick up #2 from his friend's at 10:30 that evening (that is past my bedtime!) even though Daddy and #1 son were out late that night already.
  • Saturday ... #2 had to be at the high school at 8:00 in the morning to go driving for driver's ed. Normally, he has basketball practice at that time, but not this weekend. I was glad #2 got one of his driving done (he has to do three) as the other workable time is 5:00 a.m. THAT is early! #2 actually attended a family event (see the picture below) and so he was home, instead of out with friends that evening. That meant an early in night for me!
  • Sunday ... It felt SO good not to set the alarm and just stay in bed until I was ready to get out. It made breakfast quite late, insomuch that it was more of a brunch. We are on the 1:00-4:00 church schedule for another few weeks. Then we'll switch to the 9:00-12:00 with the new year. I'll miss my Sunday sleep ins I think ...
 At the annual "Leg Lamp Lighting" party. 
Missing #1 (he had to work), and Anxiety Child was NOT happy.
I have to say ... I'm very happy to have the Thanksgiving holiday and the November birthday's behind us. I know Christmas is right around the corner, but I feel like I have three "normal" weeks (as far as school and such) to try and get back on track a bit. The return to the routine. Basketball is starting up again, so schedules will be a little crazy in the evenings. #3 has a game starting at 9:30 at night, downtown! He won't get home until after 11:00 on a school night ... and that's definitely past MY bedtime!

I did bop over 150 for my weigh-in this Monday morning (150.5). I'd done so well for several weeks, I'd like to get back to bigger deficits, lower caloric intake, keeping up the activity.  I had been quite nervous about this morning regarding Anxiety Child. He struggles almost every Monday, having to return to school after the weekend. With this longer weekend, I was anticipating a complete meltdown. He surprised me (and himself) by having a good morning and getting off to school without complaints or crying.  I've told him I want him to make it through these next three weeks, and then we'll revisit the homeschool possibility if that's still something he really, really wants.

But for now? Three weeks of a schedule. 
Which means alarms set for 6:00. 
With a few more Sunday Sleep Ins. I'm going to enjoy every one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...