Friday, December 13, 2013

Weigh-In #22


This has been a rough week. I've been sick. When I posted Wednesday morning (Working Out While Under The Weather) I thought it was just a cold. But I proceeded to feel worse on Wednesday, and absolutely awful yesterday.  My activity has dropped (yesterday I didn't even make it to 3000 steps; I had a negative Fitbit adjustment on MFP), but my food consumption has as well.  Nothing sounds good, and as I try to eat, I end up feeling nauseated. I only took in 700 calories yesterday (a little oatmeal, applesauce and chicken broth). My throat has been sore and swollen, I grimace with every swallow. My nose is stuffy and I have been running a fever.  At times it's hard to get a deep breath. Body aches all over (some of that may be from the inactivity, my body isn't used to laying around all day). I can't speak, my voice is gone.

I was sick back in February ... this seems very similar, except admittedly that time the sore throat was even worse. Then, I was laid out for four days, and then it took almost two weeks before I could actually exercise again. I hope this recovery isn't that slow. 

One bright spot this week has been the scale!
That's 3.4 down from last week. 

So I know a "sick" loss often rebounds with recovery, but I'll be doing my best to prevent that. I've dropped under 150! This is what I've been waiting for for so long! It's not even "goal" ... I'll continue to try losing until I hit my 135 - but honestly, I think I'm in a pretty good place at anything under 150.

So I've still had some "mommy" duties to do, getting the kids to and from school. I went to #3's basketball game on Wednesday night, but that was pushing it. I felt (and looked) awful. #2 had a game last night ... and I didn't go. I hate missing the boy's games. We have FIVE games on Saturday, so I hope I'm feeling better by then.

I watched "The Sound of Music" (I used to perform in high school and college and that was the last production I was in, I was Sister Margareta). I caught up on "The Biggest Loser" and "Survivor" and I'll watch "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal" today. It's weird to just watch, not watch while working out. I've tried to  get in some reading, but honestly my arms are just too tired to hold a book :)   Sleep has NOT been good (just 3-4 hours the last few nights according to my Fitbit).

Linking up with Fitness Friday ... I've noticed so many of the link-ups NOT happening lately. I guess people are just super busy with all the holiday happenings. Looks like the one at Talk Less Say More went up, so linking there too ...

How was YOUR week?

6 comments:

  1. So sorry you are sick! With so many people around me sick, I am really surprised I am not down for the count yet. Great weigh-in! You are so close to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. running a fever as an adult = go see the doctor.

    seriously. it could be strep, or some other bacterial infection that won't get better without antibiotics.

    Take care, and force water! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty good at diagnosing myself with strep (I have had it quite a bit over the years) ... I'm really thinking this is "just" the flu. I did end up going to the doctor when I had similar symptoms last Feb (me and three of the kids all had the same stuff, so I figured ONE of us should go in and get tested in case antibiotics were needed). I tested negative for strep and the influenzaA, he thought it was the "Paraflu" for which nothing can really be done except rest.

      My fever isn't too bad and controllable with medication. Fever in an INFANT ... 8 years ago I had my last baby and the entire family got the flu, including the baby at 7-days old. He was hospitalized, it was scary!

      When our new insurance kicks in in January I'll probably be more likely to go to the doctor. A copay of $25 beats $125 for a visit + labs/xrays extra.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you're sick. Feel better soon. My week? Crazy busy. Too busy! I feel like I'm missing out with constantly being on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad!

    Haha, when I got sick I dropped a good bit of weight, too. It was the only good part of being sick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...