Friday, December 27, 2013

Weigh-In #24

So the numbers on the scale when up this week ... not unexpected. Between putting the pounds that I lost during my sickness back on, holiday over-indulgence and limited exercise ... well, it's not a surprise. It's a fine line between not being too hard on myself (my dramatic 10 pound drop wasn't "real" weight loss for me to try to keep - I'm not sure I'm back to a properly hydrated level still), yet I don't want to excuse ALL the weight gain, as some of it is due to eating and exercise gone astray.  Looking back at these numbers, Wednesday (December 18) was my lowest weigh-in, the day after my sickest day, after already being down a week. Since then I've slowly been getting back to eating, drinking and adding in a bit of exercise. The weight has been coming back on.

My MFP ticker is at 30. I'm just over 150, which is the line I do NOT want to cross again. When I lost weight the first time, I remember hitting 150 and what a milestone that was then. As I got down to goal weight, I was thrilled. Then as the struggle with maintenance started up, I remember being a bit surprised at NOT being that impacted by a few pounds. At 140, 145 I still felt good ... right up to 150. That's when I could see a distinct change in my face, in clothes, etc. So I definitely want to get a handle on any additional regain and start working toward losing a bit more.

Besides all the holiday hoopla, I just STILL haven't felt 100% again. I'm not sick anymore, just dragging and tired. I do feel like I have a cold. I'm a bit stuffy, I still have the cough hanging around. It's impacted my exercise. I've been getting in some, 60 minutes on the elliptical most days this week, but I did take a couple days off exercise completely. Unfortunately I DO have my appetite back and there have been a lot of Christmas goodies to temp me *Ü*. 

I did some Christmas cleanup yesterday, but there is still a lot left. #2 has been involved in a basketball tournament, so that has taken up some time (two games yesterday with an hour in-between, I paced a hallway while waiting and got in quite a few steps). The kids are out of school this week and next, so that does impact the routine. I'm looking forward to January 6th, which is when I feel like we'll actually be BACK to normal ... and hopefully my body will be back to normal and ready to resume my 3000+ days.


Numbers this week ... a gain of 3.7 pounds. My average weight was up 1.8 pounds, to 148.6. My intake WAS greater than my expenditure, to the tune of 2500. Average intake was 2164. Average expenditure was 2128. It's been interesting to watch my Fitbit numbers these past weeks (as I tumbled from the leader board). I've often wondered if my numbers were inflated, but I can see a distinct difference when I'm active, I do actually earn those big numbers. If I'm not moving, then my TDEE is quite low, perhaps even lower than I would have thought.  Lesson learned? Gotta keep active!

Linking up with Fitness Friday  for Fitness Friday
How did you do over the holidays? 
Have you been able to return to a routine yet?

6 comments:

  1. You are doing fine, and your body is clearly still in recovery mode. My suggestion would be try to get 20-30 min. of exercise in, until you are feeling 100%. Don't worry about more. Curb the food -which I know you will, now that Xmas is over. You are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a gain after being sick was to be expected. I agree with Gwen, you are doing fine. I have a lot of Christmas clean-up to do this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No routine yet but I'm ready! Don't beat yourself up. Just enjoy the memories you made and move on. That advice is actually working for me this year :)

    Hope you're back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My house is over flowing with the kiddos home from school/work until after the new year. Isn't it hard to find a place to hide from all the noise and mess? *GRIN*

    I hope you are feeling like your old self soon. I wouldn't worry to much about the rebound weight gain or exercise, get back to healthy eating and worry about the rest when you are feeling better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to leave a comment :)

    I don't know what the Christmas damage is yet, I don't get to weigh in until I return home after the holidays and it's pretty... scary. :D We'll both lose it again when the normal routine begins!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...