Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fitstudio Finds

I've mentioned the Fitstudio program before. I just haven't heard that many other people talk about it! I think it's one of the greatest, little known fitness reward programs out there. At least $5 in credit at Sears or Kmart every week ... a reward for working out.

School is just around the corner. With five boys, I don't really do a big back to school clothes shopping trip. My boys are basic "basketball shorts and t-shirts" kind of kids. That's why I was super surprised when my 15-year old told me he needed some back to school clothes. Some cargo shorts. I don't think I've seen him in any shorts other than basketball ones in YEARS. I went ahead and told him we could swing by Kmart, as I had some Fitstudio points to spend.

Now on the ShopYourWayRewards information page, it encourages people to have their own accounts. So I have one, I set one up for hubs, and for my oldest son (the Fitstudio did seem to indicate an age limit of 18 or over). As they all have Fitbits, I set up Fitstudio accounts. So I had three different sets of Fitstudio rewards. The kid found two pairs of shorts (on clearance at this point in the year, lucky to find them at all!) and a belt. I did have to have the cashier ring up each item separately, putting the different Fitstudio points toward each purchase. I ended up paying about six dollars. For two cargo shorts and a reversible belt. Not bad!

In the collage above, you can see on my account, I had earned 8325 points for the week. That's $8.32 credit ... that is a pretty normal week. Simply logging in, accepting a friend request, posting a status (and sharing that status of Facebook) all augment the 5000 points I earn for clocking a distance of 14 miles, which isn't very hard for me to do.

Prior to this summer, I can't remember when I hit Kmart last. I mean I did, once or twice a year. Now I go every week. I'm sure the program producers would rather me spend more on every visit ... I've gotten good at picking up a purchase that my points cover completely. Sometimes I do find such good deals that I will pay out of pocket, but it's pretty rare at this point.

It was a "slip on shoe" summer ... I picked up these inexpensive slip-on shoes for the boys (and ended up getting them for the oldest too). The Protoge basketball shorts are now the boys favorite, and they all have a few pair (shhh, I have three pair set aside for #3, his birthday is coming up). I've grabbed me some cute camis and t-shirts.  As #1 son is "earning" credit, I'll pick up things for him that I wouldn't normally pay for (muscle milk and Gatorade).

If you haven't checked out the Fitstudio program, you should! It's super easy with a Fitbit, or one of the other partners listed below ... or I believe you can even log things manually (stay honest!)

Get moving ... then get shopping! 

Linking up with Workout Wednesday and the Hump Day Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. I think your deals are way awesome!
    It's actually pretty cool they do that, reward people for being active and 14 miles a week isn't really outrageous, that is pretty doable even if people only aim for their 10k steps a day!
    Very cool, I have to share this program with my sister she would love the discounts for kids clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that is one cool program! I'll have to check it out! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice program - wish it were broadened to like Target (one of my favorite stores to shop in) or something like that. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use fitstudio....based on your blog a while back......free money is free money!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...