- Monday: It's a 15minute drive to Draper. The class is supposed to start at 9:30, but it's usually about ten minutes late ... There are several instructors changing off. I'm quite familiar with most of these routines. I got my highest HRM calorie reading in this class this week.
- Tuesday: This class is close to home ... so close I walk to the church. This is my original instructor. She is pretty mellow and it's a small class, but because I'm so familiar with her routines, I can usually get good numbers. Couldn't quite get the heart rate up today though.
- Wednesday: I usually hit the Draper class again on Wednesdays, but today I needed to stay closer to home, and this class is only five minutes away. This is a large group, with several instructors on stage all the time (which I like, good for seeing variations). I really like how they have the playlist set and ready to go, no waiting between songs. They did have a very slow start this week (almost 20minutes later than the 9:00 advertised time). Got my highest numbers on the Fitbit in this class.
- Thursday: I had my lowest numbers here ... I can be a bit hit and miss with this class, depending on the songs and instructors (several trade off, I have trouble following a couple of them). There seemed to be three or four warm up songs, just not very high intensity. Finally Cha-Cha Swing (a favorite) got my heart rate up ... but then there was "Work" which while I've seen several different steps to this song, I just don't care for any of them.
- Friday: Across town again. This class is a little later, which works out perfect with the middle-school's late start on Friday. I've always really enjoyed this class, it is one of the most energetic, with almost all higher-intensity songs, mostly different than those in the other classes. I had a blast today, I really thought my numbers would be a little higher based on how I was bouncing around.
Friday, August 29, 2014
FridayFive and WWI#58
It's Friday ... time for the Friday Five and my weekly recap and weigh-in. This past week was our first week back to school, back to schedules. It went pretty smoothly. I had my alarm set, but never needed it until this morning. This year we're leaving a bit earlier for the older boys (high school and middle school drop-off) but the elementary is 15minutes later. I didn't always get my 20min elliptical in before taking the bigger boys (leaving at 7:15), but I did sneak in a session in-between dropoffs most mornings. Getting up earlier again has been good for getting more done during the day.
I wasn't surprised by the jump in weight Monday morning. We'd had a big barbeque dinner Sunday night, with birthday cake for dessert. It's birthday week here (three of the boys have birthdays coming right up, Aug28, Aug31 and Sept7). Usually I can correct an up like that once I get back on my weekday schedule, but it was SLOW this week. I didn't see a drop until Thursday morning, and then Thursday was a birthday day, and Chick-Fil-A was the dinner choice.
I wasn't going to order anything, but hubs did get me a 12-piece nuggets. I ate almost all of them. I had a few fries (even through their waffle fries are not my favorite) and the birthday boy shared his shake with me. Not a good eating day the day before weigh-in!
I mentioned last week that I started a new medication (Celexa). Weight gain can be a side-effect ... I've been watching, wondering. I haven't been sleeping well at all this week, again, not sure if it's the medication, or just coincidental timing. It was also TOM, in addition to the shift in schedules.
I actually had several days where I did quite well controlling my calories. If only I could do that every day! I did manage a 1359 deficit for the week, but that isn't enough for a loss. My average intake was 2264, average daily burn was 2911.
I Zumba-ed Monday-Friday (spotlighting my stats below!) and got in an hour of elliptical everyday, although I had more tiny 10-minute sessions than I usually do (squeezing them in when I could). I hit the bike a couple times, the treadmill a couple times (although I just walked, didn't feel up to jogging) and I did get in a weight workout this week.
So ... weight a bit higher than I want. Average was down a tiny bit, weigh-in today up so slightly. I'm really hoping that the schedule and such will get me on track enough to drop below 150. That's the goal!
Onto the Friday Five ...
If you have been reading my blog, you are probably aware that I discovered Zumba this year (I'm late to the party, I know). I'm not a member of any gym, so I don't have access to those classes, but luckily here in Utah, so many instructors offer free Zumba classes. Whether this is to practice, to drum up followers and other opportunities, or just selfless service giving back to the community, I am SO grateful! This past week, I went to Zumba daily. Monday-Friday, five different classes. For a while there, I was posting my stats to a Facebook album (taking a picture of my HRM and Fitbit numbers), but it's also fun to compare them side-by-side. I thought I'd do that today, with a quick recap of the classes (it's always interesting for me to examine if I think the numbers are reflective of MY perception of the class)...