Friday, September 12, 2014

WWI#60 and Five Favorite Songs

Is it the start of school, the return to routine? Is the new medication helping with nervous eating? I've been able to better control my calories during the week (keeping them under 2000) ...weekends are still bad though. I wasn't at all surprised by the up Monday morning. I was happy it wasn't quite as up as it had been the last couple week. Even with some kinks (a sick kid on Monday, same child having a panic attack Tuesday morning ... Zumba was affected both days) I had a good week.

Despite the difficulties, I did get in my Zumba Mon-Fri. I got in an hour of elliptical every day. I got in some treadmill time ... mostly walking, but upping the incline for quite a bit of it. I even jogged a whole mile! It has been a while. I got in several riding/reading sessions on the stationary bike, and did do weights on Wednesday. Not sure if it was the weights or the jog, but my legs were sore Thurs/Fri in my calves and quads. 

Fri/Sat/Sun were horrible as far as food. Friday just added up. Saturday there were donuts in the morning and "The Cheesecake Factory" in the evening. Sunday was spent at the beach, so quite a bit of sitting and snacking. But Mon-Thurs, I was able to keep calories in check every day. Still not the best quality of calories, but at least controlling quantity.

NUMBERS: Even with a low last week, I was down .8 this week *Ü*  My average dropped 1.18. I actually only had a -475 deficit for the week (hard to overcome the bad weekend eats). Average in 2343, Average out 2883. 

Onto the FRIDAY FIVE ...

I'm normally an ipod gal. I have one set up in my car, so I don't have to listen to all the commercials and radio hosts jabbering. I like having control of my song selection too ... but with the ipod, I don't hear the NEW stuff much, to know what I like enough to buy and add to said ipod. So I do go through phases where I'll turn back to the radio. Today I thought I'd feature five songs that I've been happy to hear, and I'm sure I'll be adding to my collection.

  • Shake it Off: Has anyone NOT heard this song? It is just bouncy and fun.
  • All About That Bass: Another new one making a splash. Can't help but dance a little.
  • Love Runs Out: The hubs really likes this one. It has been introduced in one of my Zumba classes. I liked the song, but didn't love the routine ... but it's been growing on me more and more.
  • Bailando: This one I heard first in Zumba, in Spanish. When I heard it one the radio it really surprised me. I do like a little bit of English, like knowing what they are singing about. Three different Zumba classes do this song quite often ... two are completely different routines.
  • Maps: This song has become a bit of a running joke in the family. Every single time I have the radio on in the car, this song comes on. Every. Single. Time. Originally, I liked the song. Then I got sick of it. But now, it causes such a reaction ("It's YOUR song Mom!") that I am happy to hear it. Following, following, following ...
As all of these songs are quite popular, I'm sure you've heard most (if not all) already. But I did gather them into a Groovershark playlist. I think I'll appreciate checking back and having the songs of Fall 2014 at my fingertips :)

Isn't it great when a favorite song comes on the radio? This viral video is making the rounds too, but if you haven't seen it, take a minute to check it out. It's sure to bring a smile to your day!



Linking up with the Friday Five blog hops ... the DC Bloggers ((Courtney, Mar and Cynthia),. Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes, Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour, High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In and with my weekly check-in link-ups: Fitness Friday with Jill and Aubrey, the FleurtySummerChallenge  and a late Weigh-In Wednesday.    

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that video of the baby is too cute!! And Shake It Off is one of my fav jams right now. I can't help but dance around to it. Thanks so much for linking up! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love shake it off! you weight loss is amazing by the way, keep going

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love shake it off and all about that bass. such fun songs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Fridays are your lowest weight days of the week. Mine is Sunday (sometimes Saturday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday USUALLY is my lowest ... thus the day I've selected for my official weigh-in. I tend to not do well on weekends, so my weight usually goes up for Sat/Sun/Mon weigh-ins. Not this past weekend though, I actually dropped a bit Sat/Sun (still up Monday, even though I really wasn't bad!)

      Delete
  5. haha--that baby is adorable!!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait ... are you doing Zumba AND the elliptical? My goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ...I'm a bit more quantity than quality. I know I could get by with doing less if I upped the intensity, but ... I actually do really try during Zumba, but still usually just get 400 or so (on a good day). Not those crazy calorie burns I hear about. Instead of sitting and watching TV, I watch while on the elliptical. It helps that I am a SAHM with kids in school ... I do have a little extra time (that I SHOULD be using to clean the house and such, but ...)

      Delete
  7. I have to admit that I haven't heard any of those songs. Now I'm going to have to listen to them! Feeling sooo oooolllllldddd.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...