Tuesday, November 4, 2014

TV Talk Tuesday

Time for another TV Talk Tuesday.
What are YOU watching?

Because I don't watch any "live" television, I don't see the commercials and I'm not really in the know about the new seasons. I do "like" The Walking Dead on Facebook, and had been aware that the new season was starting up last month. I mentioned to my mom I didn't know if I should start watching my other regulars ... Grey's Anatomy, The Good Wife, Scandal, when they started up. My mother surprised me by saying "Oh, they've started!" I was completely unaware!

Over the past several months, I've really only watched using Netflix or Amazon Prime. My PlayOn application is nice, but just requires a bit more work. But with NEW stuff, PlayOn is my gateway. I can record the episodes as soon as the networks post them (usually the morning after they aired, although ABC has a week delay). I can then stream the shows to my home gym and watch them while working out.

A WONDERFUL new feature PlayOn/PlayLater just introduced is "ad skipper" ... it automatically jumps over the ads. I LOVE it! I can't stand commercials, even if I could manually fast forward through them. 

So ... I haven't watched Netflix or Amazon Prime in the past few weeks, but have now gone back to Play On and watching shows that have recently aired. I post here often that I like Mondays. I like the return to the routine. This time of year, there is also motivation ala TV series! *Ü*  The Walking Dead, The Good Wife, and Downton Abby have new episodes posted Monday morning. I usually don't get to them all on Monday, but it is motivation for me to get back to my gym so I can see them before I hear any spoilers!

Grey's Anatomy and Scandal are on Thursday nights ... so I grab those episodes on Friday, and hopefully that gives me a little motivation to workout over the weekend.

I do enjoy "The Voice" ... I really like the blind auditions and the battle rounds. After that, I lose a little interest. But I like at least having a basic knowledge of the competitors, so I can follow the conversation. A few seasons ago, my boys really got into the show. They would root for certain singers, vote, and buy some songs on Itunes. It was a fun family affair. I asked the boys if they were interested in this season and they said no. I recorded a few of the first episodes, and turned them on while I cleaned up the kitchen. That was all it took to get the boys hooked again. I haven't been able to keep up with how quickly the boys watch the episodes, so I've just seen a little hear and there. I'll try to catch up down in my gym when I can (but the other shows usually take precedence). 

Anythings else new ... I'm really not interested in. I'll just wait! 
I can barely keep up with this list as is!

What are YOU watching?

4 comments:

  1. I'm caught up on Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder, and Sleeping Hollow. I'm one episode behind on the Voice, and 1-2 episodes behind on everything else. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Walking Dead, I think this season is my favorite it rivals season 1. A lot more gross but who cares it's also a lot more action packed and interesting than past more duller seasons when they have been stuck in one place too long:)
    I don't watch much TV, but I have always been a fan of Survivor and that is pretty much the only show I sit down to watch as it airs. Anything else, I watch or catch up on to make the time go by faster as I am prepping for a wedding and ironing linens:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like watching Walking Dead while working out. It's just so exciting that the 20 minutes just flies by. And often the adrenaline from the show just flows from the TV to me!

      I wasn't planning on watching Survivor - I used to LOVE it, but just got out of the habit. But with PlayOn, and the ad skipping ... I just looked and CBS has all of the episodes online (sometimes the networks only have them up for a couple of weeks) so maybe I'll go ahead and start it after all!

      Delete
  3. Hi there, this is the PlayOn Team. Thanks for the shout out in your blog. If there is ever anything we can do to make PlayOn better for you, then please don't hesitate to email us at support@playon.tv.

    Cheers,
    The PlayOn Team

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...