Friday, November 28, 2014

WWI #71 and Friday Five

Okay ... up AGAIN. But, it IS the day after Thanksgiving, so I'm not going to be too hard on myself. Unfortunately, I did bop up over 150 once this week. That is something I really don't want to do. If I can NEVER see the 150s again, I'll be happy. Anything under is okay.

The weekend wasn't great. Mon/Tues were 30K days, good in both exercise and eating. The kids were out of school on Wednesday, but I was still able to get in my Zumba and elliptical. Thursday ... Thursday was THANKSGIVING. I did still get in my elliptical, but that was all. A little overeating, but not extremely bad.

NUMBERS: Weight was up .11. Average weight  for the week stayed exactly the same. Average in was 2136. Average burn was 2789 ... definitely down this week. Still managed to have a deficit of -2499. 

I'm hoping that the weight will reverse this next week. With the birthdays and Thanksgiving behind me, I shouldn't have any excuses for a few weeks (until Christmas of course).  Linking-up with Fitness Friday with Jill and a late Weigh-In Wednesday.

 Speaking of Thanksgiving ...

Throwback Thursday Thanksgiving Style
Then (above) ... Now (below)
The boys have grown a bit!
I made those turkey cookies and had them set aside to take to the family party. They didn't make it to the party, these naughty boys ate them for breakfast on Thanksgiving day! Ok ... I must admit I ate one too. I'd been thinking about those yummy turkey cookies all night. I like them best after the frosting and candy corn have been sitting and softening overnight.  I was on dessert duty for the Thanksgiving feast ...
I'll do a quick Friday Five 
 featuring our Thanksgiving Treats this year:
  • Turkey Cookies: These are our annual family favorite.
  • Cool Whip Dessert: I don't make pie, but I call this "pie in a pan". It's a simple crust, with a cream cheese layer, then chocolate pudding and whipped topping. Yummy! I only make it about once a year.
  • Lemon Jello Cake: Not really a Thanksgiving themed dessert, but this was Hub's request.
  • Brownies: Fudge frosted and marshmallow.
  • Cookie Press Pumpkins: Another cookie that didn't make it to the family party. I made a batch a few days before Thanksgiving and they were going fast. #3 hide the last few so that he could snack on them solo (they are his favorite).  
There was some pumpkin and banana cream pie too ...
I mean, is it any wonder my weight was up a bit this week?

Linking up with the Friday Five blog hops ... the DC Bloggers ((Courtney, Mar and Cynthia), Five on Friday at The Good Life, Friday Favorites at Running4Cupcakes, Friday Favorites at Housewife Glamour, High Five Friday at LaurenElizabeth and Five Things Friday at Fitting It All In

2 comments:

  1. My mom makes that same cool whip dessert for family get togethers. I LOVE it, but if I were to make it, I'd eat the whole thing. Seems like you did a nice job maintaining during the holiday. You should be proud of that (I'm not looking forward to seeing the damage tomorrow morning...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey cookies are a fun idea - love the then-and-now photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...