Friday, August 21, 2015

$50 Payout with Pact

Time for another Thrifty Thursday post ... what? It's Friday? Oops, I guess I got busy yesterday and didn't get my post up. I'd say I'm a "day late and a dollar short" but I'm actually $1 over ... I had posted about Pact back in January (My Yearlong Pact) and figured I'd do a follow-up this year when I hit the $50 mark. And I did that this past week (payout updated on Tuesday 08/18) ...


I made a total of $113.38 in 2014, so I thought I'd hit the $50 mark around the middle of the year (in July). I was close, but it took me until August. Last year, I committed to six days a week for both exercise and eating ... this year I decided on five days, as there had been some times last year when I did really  have to push it on a Saturday or Sunday to get my 10,000 steps in (and earn my "gym" credit). 

So as of today ... I still have NEVER had to payout anything to Pact. I did actually miss a day logging on MFP (blowing my 700+ day streak) but it was on a Saturday and I'd already fulfilled my Pact for the week. With my Zumba and elliptical on the weekdays, hitting 10k five days a week is a breeze. There was one week several months ago where my Fitbit was on the fritz and I was worried about fulfilling my Pact. You can use a manual tracker, starting the timer in the Pact app and getting a certain number of steps in a 30min session. Luckily I only had to do that a time or two before I got my Fitbit back on track, automatically syncing. I did put my Pact on hold for a week while I worked out those issues.

So should I redeem my Pact Payout now (it's easy, just request it transfer to your Paypal account) or hold out to the end of the year and see where I'm at, and then redeem for the year?

If you are willing to put a little at risk ($5 for a missed workout or logged meal day), Pact can give you a pretty decent payout for eating/exercising that I for one, am doing anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...