Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 2015

July means full on summer.  A couple of holidays and our anniversary (23years!), Hub's European vacation, sleeping in and staying up late, water and sun, eating out, days at the gym playing basketball for the boys and ... a new kitten! We still have the ducks too. Full of family and fun, but not so great for food and fitness. I kept up with the exercise, even on the week of the 24th (our state holiday) where three of my Zumba classes took the week off. Food, well that wasn't great, and neither was weight.

Started the month at 162.9 and ended the month at 164.0. The low for the month was 162.5, and the high was 166. Average weight for the month was 164.31 which is up a couple pounds from June. 

*** JenB's Journal ***

0701 (Wednesday) Weight 162.9. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2824. Exercise Burn 870, 1067 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2100. On Wednesdays I usually hit MZL, or more recently the Sunset church. Both are fairly close and just a different set. But Southziders needed an instructor today as Marian was having some surgery, so I said I'd help out. It was funny, as Debbie, Amanda and I were all in hot pink matching shirts. Not planned! I didn't do my usual Kmart stop, but went to Walgreens to grab a photo I'd had printed, and picked up some crazy bread for the boys. #3 had me take him up to his friend's church to play basketball, and then I ran #4 and #5 and our neighbor to the rec center for their basketball, and then spent the afternoon running picking them all up again. Made toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner.  

0702 (Thursday) Weight 163.5. Not a Great Day. Total Burn 2752. Exercise Burn 600/992 (60minElliptical). Calories in 3050. I didn't get my morning Zumba in. My usual class was taking the day off for the holiday weekend. I thought about hitting an alternate class, but just didn't get the motivation up to do so. The boys had dentist appointments, so I ran them there. I got in some errands (picking up orders at Kohls, Sears, and then groceries at Sams). The boys wanted to hit the gym for basketball, so I dropped them off, and went back and grabbed them a bit later. Hubs and #3 went to do a derby in the evening, it was a bit further in Park City, but #3 got quite the tip. I was sad I hadn't made #2 go, as he was free and he owes us money from his recent basketball trip. Very bad eating today!

0703 (Friday) Weight 164.7. BAD Day. Total Burn 2109. Exercise Burn 200/342 (20minElliptical). Calories in 3200. I was just an emotional mess this morning. Hubs had the day off and was planning on taking the waverunners up to the lake. I did not feel like going. Just the anticipation anxiety of the drive, the crowds, the heat ... and being in a swimsuit. Hubs will often go without me, but usually our oldest has been around to help. He's in Mexico and I really missed him today. This was something that he loved. I did elect to stay home ... and pretty much did nothing. Fetal postition in bed most of the day. Their day didn't quite turn out either, as it was super crowded, the ramps were full, and they didn't even get to put the waverunners in the water. They did stay and play on the beach. My MIL brought my nephews up to join them, but they didn't connect. Imperfect day all around. I had some emotional eating.

0704 (Saturday) Weight 165.7. Bad Day. Total Burn 2496. Exercise Burn 400/723 (30minElliptical and Lawn Mow). Calories in 3100. Trying to shake off my funk. PMS? Hubs suggested breakfast out, so we hit a local pancake place we like. My SIL called and offered to take the boys to the local theme park. #3 and #5 took her up on that (#4 has anxiety issues like Mommy and stayed behind). I got in a little exercise and mowed the lawn. In the evening, we headed out to my BIL's house for dinner and fireworks. Poor #4 had a major panic attack, as stormy skies rolled in. Hubs usually isn't around to witness how bad they can be. Poor kid completely broke down, he just wanted to stay in the safety of his room. I gave him a valium and between that and the skies clearing up, he did fine for the remainder of the night. With ariel fireworks being legal now, it seems you can get quite a show almost anywhere!

0705 (Sunday) Weight 166.1. Bad Day. Total Burn 2183. Exercise Burn 420/408 (40minElliptical). Calories in 2500. Well, weight continues to climb. I mean, I can't say it's unexpected or undeserved based on all my bad days. I feel like there's a little self-sabatoge going on. Hubs went into work. I skipped our usual Sunday Circles breakfast, because we were having waffles later in the day at my folks. I went to church, piano duty. I would have walked but it was raining. I did get in some elliptical today, rather than taking the entire day off. We went out to my parents, a monthly gathering with all the siblings and cousins.

0706 (Monday) Weight 166.1. Good Day. Total Burn 3211. Exercise Burn 1290/1436 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike). Calories in 1600. Okay, time to recommit! I was able to have a good day. Started with Zumba, stopped at a couple stores on the way home. Got in elliptical and bike. The boys did basketball at the rec center. #5 had practice in the evening, I had #2 drop him off, and then Daddy picked him up (and they stopped at Hot Dog on a Stick on the way home). I actually kept calories in check today!

0707 (Tuesday) Weight 163.8. Good Day. Total Burn 2834. Exercise Burn 1100/1079 (40minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike, 30minWEIGHTS). Calories in 1750.  Zumba in the morning, I walked to/from the class as it's so close. We've been stressed, as Hubs is leaving for Italy tomorrow and his passport hadn't arrived. It came today, that was cutting it close! I took some of the boys to play basketball again today. #4 stayed home, as it was storming. He wanted to go but couldn't quite make himself face the weather. Hubs did his last minute prep and packing. My MIL, SIL and nephew stopped by, we chatted for a bit while watching the duckies play. Hubs will miss his evening duckie time as he's gone for a week.

0708 (Wednesday) Weight 162.5. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2850. Exercise Burn 1000 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2000. Hubs was up and off to the airport fairly early. He just drove the truck, rather than having someone drop him off and pick him up. And he's off ... TOM visiting while he is gone. I went to Zumba. I could NOT get the heart rate up. Got in some elliptical. The boys didn't seem in the mood to hit the rec center today. I picked up another version of Clue (The Simpsons) and they played that. I was going to Sam's Club and offered to take them along (they like to hit the food court while I shop) but they passed. I filled up with gas and picked up a couple orders at Sears while I was out. I got the lawn mowed while there was a break in the weather. Storms hit hard again in the evening! I was a little worried about the duckies, but they seemed ok.

0709 (Thursday) Weight 163.5. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 3144. Exercise Burn 1270/1384 (40minElliptical, Zumbax2). I didn't sleep very well with the storm and Hubs being gone. He checked in around 2:00 in the morning, having arrived in Rome. He's meeting up with his brother tomorrow. I hit Zumba in the morning. Fairly small class, but nice to have it after having it cancelled for a couple of weeks. I did a quick stop at Kmart on the way home, as I had some points expiring. #2 had the day free, so I had him take his brothers bowling, then drop them off at the rec center for basketball and swimming. Another monsoon storm hit, I kept expecting a call to come from #4, frantic about the weather, but then again he would be pretty insulated in the gym or pool. I picked them up around 4:30. I went to my evening Zumba. There were only four of us, but we still went ahead with class. Casual, but I got good numbers. Did go over in calories today.

0710 (Friday) Weight 163.6. FitnessGood/FoodBad. Total Burn 2973. Exercise Burn 1300/1214 (40minElliptical, Zumba, 2milesTreadmillWalk, 30minBike). Calories in 3300. The main thing that blew calories today was a package of Reeses eggs I found in the food room. Silly me, I opened them ... and ate them (and ate and ate). I did eat other stuff too and it all added up to a lot. I did get in good activity at least. Went to Zumba at MZL. It had been a bit since I'd been to MZL, and I'd missed a couple Fridays in a row, so it was good to be back. They even had me lead a number. They have such a large repertoire it was bit challenging to think of one I knew that no one else was currently doing.  Back at home, I had #2 take the munchkins to a movie ... Minions. I let him take his girlfriend too (and I paid) as recompense. I got in some elliptical, bike and time on the treadmill. More than I usually do on a Friday. Hubs checked in from Italy ... he had over 35K today!

0711 (Saturday) Weight 165.3. Ok Day. Total Burn 2760. Exercise Burn 916/989 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. The munchkin had a basketball game in the morning. They lost by three, but #5 had a good game. We stopped at Maceys on the way home and grabbed some groceries. I noticed on my Facebook feed an invite to a Zumba event at 1:00. I didn't have anything going on, the kids were content (I'd just upgraded cable to include NBA TV and they were busy watching the summer series) so I went. It was good to get a Saturday Zumba in. I did overeat, accidentally eating an entire bag of Chex Muddy Buddies (small bag, but 10 servings!). Mindless eating!

0712 (Sunday) Weight 164.8. Rest Day. Total Burn 1786. Exercise Burn 0/18 (no exercise). Calories in 1900. Took a rest day. Slept in, then did the church thing. Made the boys our Sunday Circles breakfast, then it was time for a nap. It was a nice nap. I did think about hitting the elliptical, but decided to keep it a complete rest day. Actually kept calories in check.

0713 (Monday) Weight 164.7. Good Day. Total Burn 2994. Exercise Burn 1130/1227 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 8milesBike). Calories in 1900.  My usual Southziders Zumba wasn't happening, but luckily another class close by just started up. It was early, at 8:30, so I was gone and home before the boys even realized it. Got in my elliptical and bike during the day too. The boys did want to go to the rec center, then #5 had basketball practice in the evening.   

0714 (Tuesday) Weight 163.1. Okay Day. Total Burn 2807. Exercise Burn 1050/1049 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2850. Started the day good, walking to Zumba. Many dogs barking at me today but at least they were all contained behind fences. Still does reduce the enjoyment. I had #2 take the boys bowling. They didn't care to hit the rec center today, but #3 wanted to go hang out with his friends. I had #2 drop him off, to much complaining that he is the family slave. I handled pickup, as #2 did work in the evening. Eating got a little out of control today,  but at least the Reeses Eggs are gone now.

0715 (Wednesday) Weight 164.1. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2744. Exercise Burn 890/980 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 1850. Started the day a bit earlier than usual, getting #5 off to cub scout camp at 7:45. He was NOT happy to be going. There were some tears. I had time for duck duty before heading out to Zumba. I'd debated which class to hit, and ended up at MZL. Perhaps I should have hit the Sunset Ridge one. It's a bit further, but starts on time at 9:00. MZL is supposed to start at nine, but as I pulled into the church, they were directing us to another building as the floors had been refinished. I did go still, but class didn't start until 9:30, and I was a bit rushed. I had to clean up at home and head across town to a funeral. My cousin's little 10 year old daughter. She had been diagnosed with MLD, a progressive and terminal disease with no cure eight years ago. The life expectancy is generally only until about age five. With the great care from my cousin and her husband she certainly outlived all expectations, although it's been such a hard road for them! It was a touching service, and good to see all the extended family. We stayed afterward for the luncheon, so I was gone most of the day. I hadn't eaten anything before, so I didn't do too bad on calories for the day. 

0716(Thursday) Weight 164.1. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2669. Exercise Burn 850/905 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2250. Hubs was supposed to be heading home today, to arrive late tonight. But ... he decided to extend his stay and continue on to Barcelona with his brother. I must admit to feeling a bit down about it. Now his return date is Monday. I hit Zumba in the morning and got some elliptical in, but wasn't very motivated for much else. Evening Zumba class was cancelled. 

0717 (Friday) Weight 164.0. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2703. Exercise Burn 800/940 (40minElliptical, Zumba) Calories in 2000. Hit Zumba with Debbie in Daybreak. Some of the boys wanted to hit the rec center, but #4 didn't. I had been laughingly thinking we should get a kitten while Hubs was gone (he was on vacation the several months ago when we got our Oreo). Looking as I had a few days to work on acclimation and such, I did look up in the local classifieds and found some fairly close. #4 and I went to check them out ... and came home with a 6-week old kitten! All the boys are thrilled! Well ... not Oreo.

0718 (Saturday) Weight 163.9. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2943. Exercise Burn 850/1180 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2500. I was awake rather early, so I decided to hit Zumba over at USSD. I was the only one there, but the instructor was willing to go ahead, and I got good stats. Then #5 had a basketball game. It was the team they played twice last season and lost to both times ... but we won it this time. The boys were working together good. Maga came over with a couple cousins to check out the new kitten and play with cousins. A little (okay, a LOT) out of control on the empty calorie eating today.
 
0719 (Sunday) Weight 163.5. Bad Day.  Total Burn 2017. Exercise Burn 0/257 (no exercise). Calories in 2600. I did walk to/from church today, but that was my only "activity" ... New bishopric today. Croissants in the morning, and Sunday Circles after church. I made homemade chocolate frosty in the evening. Not a good eating day.
0720 (Monday) Weight 164.9. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2860. Exercise Burn 875, 1092 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 2200. Hubs IS starting his return today. I hit Zumba in the morning. Southziders ... Nina was back! There had been a couple birthdays, so there was a little party after Zumba with some refreshments and visiting. Stopped at Kmart quick on the way home, grabbed some kitty litter with Fitstudio points. The boys had me drop them off at the rec center. Hubs was texting as he returned to the US, but in New Jersey, the customs and security lines were so long and slow that he missed his flight. He was able to get another one, to hopefully still connect with his final flight home, but then the flight was delayed and he missed the flight again. There weren't any other flights to Salt Lake that night, so ... another night alone!
 
0721 (Tuesday) Weight 163.6. Bad Day. Total Burn 2760. Exercise Burn 830, 999 (40minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 3550.  My usual Zumba was taking this week off, so I hit a class in the Park Stake. I forgot to bring the DVDs to return to the library though, dang it. I ended up heading that way again, dropping #3 off to play basketball with his buddies, so I did it then. Hubs did finally make it back! Yea. He did run into work for a bit. I went completely overboard on empty calories, and then ended up making spaghetti for dinner, which added even more.
 
0722 (Wednesday) Weight 165.1 Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2777. Exercise Burn 940/1007(30minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike). Calories in 2000.  Hubs was off to work. I hit Zumba, did the one out at Sunset Ridge today. Got in some elliptical and bike. Dropped the boys off at the rec center. We were hit with quite a sudden storm. Wind and rain. #4 hadn't planned on going swimming, and with the rain, he called for a pickup. We did a quick stop at the Dollar Store (which was pushing it for the kid in the weather).  Hubs headed home for our anniversary dinner out (23 years) and was able to grab the kids on the way home, saving me another trip out. We went to Tepanyaki, then stopped at Kohls afterward (getting his ring finger sized as he has misplaced his ring, which I then found in his truck when we got home). I had anticipated dinner out, so I hadn't eaten much, and dinner wasn't too bad, so calories weren't horrible (although I did indulge in some sugar when we got home).

0723 (Thursday) Weight 164.7. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2937. Exercise Burn  1170/1100 (60minElliptical, Zumba).  Calories in 2300. The brakes on the truck have been squeaking, so #2 and I dropped it off at the mechanic, then I dropped him at the gym. I didn't know if I would have to pick him up, when the truck would be done to need to pick it up, I dropped the  younger boys at the gym and didn't know when they would be done ... it meant an unproductive day for me, because I'm like that. I didn't feel like I could commit to a longer workout, so I just didn't get much done. I fit in some elliptical throughout the day. We did get the truck and kids picked up. Had quite a bit of ducky time in the evening.
0724 (Friday) Weight 164.3. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2312. Exercise Burn 405/547 (40minElliptical) Calories in 2000. Here in Utah, the 25th of July is a state holiday. Hubs had the day off work. He had wanted to take the kids up to Park City, but #2 had work, and I didn't want him to miss the fun. We postponed that, and Hubs took the kids to Krispy Creme instead. It's been years since we'd gone, as they don't have one local any more. There is one in Orem, but that's about 30 minutes away. I elected to stay home, as I despise driving and thought I might avoid some temptation. Of course they brought some home ... of course I did really want them do. And of course I ate some. They are delicious donuts! Then Hubs took the kids to see the movie "Pixals" ... again I stayed home. I really haven't been in a movie mood lately. I hate just sitting for long, and again, hoping to avoid temptation of candy and popcorn. Plus, the movie didn't get a great review and that impacted me a bit too (I do regret not going to see "Inside Out" with the family a bit ago). And after all that, I still had popcorn! Later that night, as Hubs streamed the movie "Chef" (he'd watched it while traveling and thought I'd enjoy it). Yummy popcorn. I'd actually been quite controlled on calories during the day, so it didn't really push me over badly, even with minimal exercise today.

0725 (Satuday) Weight 164.9. Pretty Good Day. Total Burn 2475. Exercise Burn 650/707 (40minElliptical, 30minBike). Calories in 2000. The munchkin didn't have a game today because of the holiday weekend. I do love basketball but it's also nice to have the break every once in a while too. Mowed the lawn, ran to the store, got in some exercise. I've been enjoying my book, so I hit the bike today (unusual for a Saturday). #3 had been wanting French Dip for a while, so I made that for dinner. Corn on the cob too. Nice long duckie time in the evening. Still working on the kitty integration ... we've had the baby for a week now and still can't leave the two kitties together without them attacking each other. It's hard to tell what is play and what we need to break up. Kitten is quite a terror herself! We all have scratches! 

0726 (Sunday) Weight 164.4. Bad Day. Total Burn 2135. Exercise Burn 0/369 (no exercise). Calories in 2500. Hubs went into work this morning, still catching up on the backlog from his vacation. Without him around, I just didn't get to making our big breakfast. He's usually our waffle maker. I've been using a mix when he hasn't been around, but just didn't bother today. Save on calories anyway, right? I do like our tradition of a Sunday family breakfast though, I don't want to lose it. But today, we were planning on a barbeque in the evening, so there was still a big family meal. I walked to/from church ... that was my activity for the day. I grabbed a little nap, then prepped a bit (laying out rolls to rise, marinating the chicken). Hubs does most of the work for the BBQ. He makes the best mashed potatoes! He wraps filet mignon in bacon and it is perfect too. Everyone was stuffed. We had the inlaws over for dinner and visiting. Skookie for dessert. Over calories, especially with no exercise today. 

0727 (Monday) Weight 166. Good Day. Total Burn 3060. Exercise Burn 1100/1285 (40minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike, 10minWiiFit). Calories in 1400. Okay, there is a bit of a bump in the scale, not surprising, but motivating for my Monday morning. Hit some elliptical even before Zumba. Class was good. Quick stop at Kmart for Fitstudio points. Went in to grab some toilet paper, but ended up buying a TopsyTurvy kitty toy ... which neither cat seems very impressed with. Should have stuck with the TP. #5 had basketball practice in the evening, so they decided to hit the gym later in the day (around 5:30) and then just stay for the practice. This gave me some time during the day to hit my elliptical and bike without interruption. I also did a little Wii, getting a perfect score on the soccer heading and the number one spot on Skiing.  I packed a nice lunchbox, with drinks, grapes, granola bars, etc to fuel the boy while there were at the gym for a few hours ... and then we left it home on the counter. Oops. Daddy went and picked them up at 8:30 and stopped at Hot Dog on a Stick on the way home. I actually really kept calories in check today, while I still had sugar (of course) I did try to have some decent stuff (grapes, cheese). Felt like it was a successful day. 

0728 (Tuesday) Weight 163.5 Good Day. Total Burn 3097. Exercise Burn 1340/1337 (60minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike, 45minWEIGHTS). Calories in 1900. Yea, happy with the weight drop from yesterday. If only that could be a permanent and daily thing for a while ;) But motivating for another good day. Started with Zumba, my close class, so I walked to and from. Got in elliptical, bike and WEIGHTS. It has been a while since I've done weights! Controlled calories too, so that when in the evening when Hubs suggested a family outing to Pretzel Maker, I actually joined the family and went along. I know I could just go and not partake, but where is the fun in that? Pretzle bites were very yummy, although as I was inputting into MFP, the entries there had a large listed with less calories than a small on another entry. Always estimations! It was a fun night, wandered to the Apple Store, then the bigger boys wanted a Blizzard from DQ (I had one bite of #2's cookie dough one). The younger boys were amazed to have Pretzel Maker, DQ, Chick-Fil-A and Hot Dog on a Stick all in one place! 

0729 (Wednesday) Weight 164.0. Bad Day. Total Burn 2950. Exercise Burn 1060/1187 (60minElliptical, Zumba). Calories in 3400. I was a bit disappointed when weight was up slightly. I know, it fluctuates, and I had eaten a salty pretzel late last night, but according to my estimates, I still should have had a large deficit for the day. Not sure if it was that, or just hunger after two low cal days, but I couldn't stop eating today. Grabbed a Little Debbie Nutty Bar in the morning, before Zumba ... nice breakfast, right? And the eating was downhill from there. Sugar, sugar, sugar. I got in Zumba and an hour on the elliptical, but my eating outdid my exercise. I had a bit of driving duty as well. #5 had been invited to a birthday party from a former neighbor who had now moved quite a ways away. So there was the drive to drop him off and pick him up. I took the other boys to/from the rec center. Hubs was out late going to a show with a friend. We had a bit of a duck situation too ... our biggest (the boy) duck flew over the fence into the neighbor's yard and didn't seem to know what to do. Luckily their dogs weren't out! #3 ended up having to go over, and walk him back to our backyard. We do want them to fly ... but we want them to be okay too, and are just not sure they are equipped to life in the wild. We really want to see our male get his colors too. All the ducks are tucked safely back in the pen for the night. I was absolutely exhausted tonight too. Usually Hubs always falls asleep before me, but not tonight! I was out!

0730 (Thursday) Weight 164.5. Good Day. Total Burn 3347. Exercise Burn 1330/1581 (40inElliptical, Zumba x2, 30minBike). Hubs started the day with a bike ride with my brother. Took a bit of a tumble too. I went to Zumba, and it was all Claudia this morning (although I did one song, as did Amanda and Silvia). It was fun to have Claudia again, she has such energy and enthusiasm. Huge smile all the time. The local kids were gathering for a youth conference kick-off, so we had to end right at 10:00, which meant class was a little short, as we'd started a bit late. I did an additional 10 minutes at home to round up my numbers/stats to a solid hour. Got in some elliptical and bike too. The kid's pass to the rec center had expired yesterday, but I figured it would be worth it to get another month pass, as we do have almost four weeks until school starts back up. They did go play basketball for a while ... the pool is closed this week for repairs, so no swimming. I had my evening Zumba class, and stopped for crazy bread on the way home. Hubs had let the ducks out and Alex had flown a large loop, and returned to the yard, albeit with a fairly rough landing! Other than the crash landing, that's what we would like. Stretch those wings! Even with indulging in a couple sticks of crazy bread, I kept calories in control today.
 
0731 (Friday) Weight 164.0 Okay Day. Total Burn 2692. Exercise Burn 1050/929 (50minElliptical, Zumba, 30minBike). Calories in 2600. Totally slept in this morning ... okay, I've been doing that almost every morning. It is going to be hard to go back to early rising when school starts back up.  I hit MZL for Zumba. The 9:00 class started at 9:20, and then they went straight into some numbers with tricky, changing steps instead of a warm-up. Twenty minutes in and my heart rate wasn't even over 100 yet. There has been a little gal with Downs Syndrome attending the classes, dancing along. Today, she was up on the stage, but there she wasn't dancing, and I'm sorry if it is politically incorrect, but it was quite distracting to me. She was often right in the way of the instructors, and they'd have to modify steps to avoid colliding. She wasn't dancing most of the time (which before when she has been on the floor she has seemed to move more) ... similar situation in Tuesday's class when a little girl went up to dance and talk with the instructor. Distracting. Between, that, the late start, the struggling with songs and steps, still feeling sore from Tuesday's workout, sleeping late ... and it just being Friday, I was actually surprised I even got the stats I did. I did manage to get in some elliptical and bike, which is more than I often do on unmotivated Fridays. Calorie intake though ... while not as bad as Wednesday, was not good today. Give me SUGAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...